Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2019, 18:43   #901
BHPian

re: Home Construction / Makeover / Maintenance Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Are the prices with GST or without GST ?
PM me if you need the dealer info.

I believe prices are without GST and also without discounts. I read online that there are discounts applied on top of this. The seller will respond with a quote that includes the GST, takes into account the discounts and also transportation. Order is placed only after that step. ACC OPC 53 price between 230 and 234 in the portal. The contact details etc seems legit as they are ACC employees.

PM'ed you on the dealer details. Thanks for your help!

Last edited by kvish : 24th July 2019 at 19:02. Reason: Grammar
Old 25th July 2019, 12:33   #902
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
I believe prices are without GST and also without discounts. I read online that there are discounts applied on top of this. The seller will respond with a quote that includes the GST, takes into account the discounts and also transportation. Order is placed only after that step. ACC OPC 53 price between 230 and 234 in the portal. The contact details etc seems legit as they are ACC employees.
Yes noticed that they are direct company contacts however
mostly direct buy from company is in the lots of 2000 bags.

For individual house construction this does not work out as cement should not be store for more then 30-40 days else it starts loosing strength.
Better option is to buy lots of 100 bags from wholesale dealers in this the delivery is directly from company warehouse and stock is fresh and you get
better price then retail dealers which may be in nearer to your site.

PS: Best price I got till now is from wholesale dealer whom I have not even visited in person once. Ordered over phone / WhatsApp got the delivery and did IMPS transfer.
Old 25th July 2019, 16:10   #903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For individual house construction this does not work out as cement should not be store for more then 30-40 days else it starts loosing strength
Normally they send the cement in a flat bed trucks and each lot must be 1000 bags (2000 x 50) = 50 tons. No idea why they have a minimum lot of 2000 bags.

Got a site where it is 10,000 bags
https://www.indiamart.com/proddetail...633133512.html

for minimum 100 bags the price is higher
https://www.materialtree.com/bengalu...3-grade-cement
Old 25th July 2019, 20:23   #904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Normally they send the cement in a flat bed trucks and each lot must be 1000 bags (2000 x 50) = 50 tons. No idea why they have a minimum lot of 2000 bags.
May be because 2000 X 50 = 10,0000 kg or 100 Ton for which they can give the dealer price.

Actually since Dalmia Bharat factory is near to Bangalore even 100 bags order is dispatched from factory. Usually the person responsible for dispatch calls to find delivery address and landmark. I once asked if I can directly buy from them instead of dealer so he told me minimum order quantity is 2000 bags. Dealers aggregate multiple orders and give total quantity to them.
Price for bulk order is lower

This norm may be different for other cities or brands.

Similarly any order of JSW Steel in Bangalore above 5 ton comes directly from company as factory is in Bellary and price is lower by around 1.5K per ton.

Last edited by amitk26 : 25th July 2019 at 20:25.
Old 14th August 2019, 22:56   #905
Distinguished - BHPian

Any leads on pre-fabricated concrete/cement compound walls ? I need to get a wall done, and searching for some who can do it for me in Bangalore South.
Old 14th August 2019, 23:07   #906
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
There are couple of Indian good quality brands as well which are location specific. Ex Madhu Industries in Bagalore or Aparna vennister however as you need only 1 window not worth hunting around and checking quality.
Thanks a lot for this valuable post. It came in handy when we had to change 3 windows in our house from the cheap aluminium shutter to UPVC ones. We went with Madhu Industries and they were very professional and did a thorough job. Their quote was also lesser than other accomplished brands but the quality was right up there. They are very accommodating and their installers do a very professional job with an onsite supervisor present at all times for any issues.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2019, 10:57   #907
BHPian

Hi all,

I am planning to purchase a residential plot and construct a house on it. I approached a bank for finance. It looks like getting a loan for such purchase is considerably more difficult than getting it for a readymade house/flat. Amount financed is lower and more paperwork is required.

Has anyone gone this route? Please recommend a bank. My requirement is to get max finance for the plot purchase. Payment will be in all white.

Last edited by pseudo_coder : 15th August 2019 at 11:00.
Old 15th August 2019, 11:22   #908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
planning to purchase a residential plot and construct a house on it. I approached a bank for finance. It looks like getting a loan for such purchase is considerably more difficult than getting it for a readymade house/flat. Amount financed is lower and more paperwork is required.
Possible.

What you need is a thing called Site cum Construction Loan. The initial finance, generally 80% of the registration value of the site, is sanctioned at the time of plot purchase. The ROI is the same as for housing loans; but there is a rider. You must begin the house construction within a stipulated time - usually before 24 months from the date of sanction of site loan. Else, a higher ROI will be applied for the loan amount.

All nationalised and most private sector banks have this facility.

But LICHFL goes a step beyond and offers standalone site loans at housing loan interest.

When purchasing independent plots/houses, the onus on providing correct documentation lies on the purchaser, whereas in case of flats, it is usually taken care of by the seller. So, the loan process indeed appears difficult.
Old 15th August 2019, 12:13   #909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
What you need is a thing called Site cum Construction Loan. The initial finance, generally 80% of the registration value of the site, is sanctioned at the time of plot purchase. The ROI is the same as for housing loans; but there is a rider. You must begin the house construction within a stipulated time - usually before 24 months from the date of sanction of site loan. Else, a higher ROI will be applied for the loan amount.

All nationalised and most private sector banks have this facility.

But LICHFL goes a step beyond and offers standalone site loans at housing loan interest.
Thanks.

Max loan for the plot component is 75%. Checked on bankbazaar. Some banks offer only 70%.

Also, the rider is to complete, not begin, the construction in 2 year. IDBI asked me to submit architect's plan and estimate for construction. I wonder how I cannget it even before it is registered on my name. Technically I can, but if the deal doesn't get through, the architect's fee will be wasted.

I didn't know that LICHF provides plot-only loans, that too at home loan rate. If true, that's exactly what I was looking for. Will explore. Thanks again!

Last edited by Aditya : 20th August 2019 at 10:24. Reason: Trimming quoted text
Old 15th August 2019, 12:39   #910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Max loan for the plot component is 75%. Checked on bankbazaar. Some banks offer only 70%.
Depends on the manager. As you are keen on doing everything in white, you will obviously be registering the property at market rates. Tell this to the bank and they will finance the purchase to its maximum extent.

Quote:
Also, the rider is to complete, not begin, the construction in 2 year. IDBI asked me to submit architect's plan and estimate for construction
It is to begin and not complete the construction before two years, as far as I know from my own dealings with SBI and LICHFL. Speaking of IDBI, the folks there were one of the best in terms of ease of business, but I had to give them a miss as they weren't financing plot purchase at my required time.
Quote:
I didn't know that LICHF provides plot-only loans, that too at home loan rate. If true, that's exactly what I was looking for. Will explore.
They do.

Drop in here for more information.
Attached Thumbnails
Home Construction / Makeover / Maintenance Thread-screenshot_20190815123407400_com.brave.browser1067x1939.png  

Old 20th August 2019, 21:48   #911
BHPian

Talked to ICICI bank. They provide plot only loan, upto 75%.

Fun fact: I have a home loan running with them. Rate=9.25. They are giving me a top up, equal to the outstanding amount. Rate=9.05. So I can take the topup, and use it to close the home loan. And save 0.2% on interest annually! (yes, processing fee would be extra)
Old 20th September 2019, 17:56   #912
Distinguished - BHPian

Is anyone in Bangalore constructing / renovating their house ? I am looking for the discarded strips of granite/marble - the 1-2 inch wide pieces that are left over after putting in the kitchen slabs etc.
Old 22nd October 2019, 10:38   #913
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

I have a light bulb fixture in my home - something like this - https://www.bestofelectricals.com/im...le-holder.jpeg . I have fitted an LED bulb in the fixture since a long time. Recently, even when the switch is off, the bulb glows very very faintly. So faint, that you cannot see the light unless it's night time & everything else is switched. When the switch is on, the bulb works as normal. I checked the bulb by fitting it in a fixture in a different room & the same bulb doesn't give the same issue there. What could be the problem? Is it problem in the wiring or in the holder? This is a recent problem, wasn't always there.
Old 22nd October 2019, 11:35   #914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I have a light bulb fixture in my home - something like this - https://www.bestofelectricals.com/im...le-holder.jpeg . I have fitted an LED bulb in the fixture since a long time. Recently, even when the switch is off, the bulb glows very very faintly. So faint, that you cannot see the light unless it's night time & everything else is switched. When the switch is on, the bulb works as normal. I checked the bulb by fitting it in a fixture in a different room & the same bulb doesn't give the same issue there. What could be the problem? Is it problem in the wiring or in the holder? This is a recent problem, wasn't always there.
Check that the neutral and/ or ground line is not fed power, from a rogue/ broken switch/ plug or a peeled feeder line in the vicinity.

Inspect all the switches/ plug points originating from the closest junction box.
Old 22nd October 2019, 11:43   #915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Most probably the switch is connected to neutral and not phase. Check it with a neon tester.

Most Viewed