Team-BHP - Team-BHP App for your iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Team-BHP App for your iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/100941-team-bhp-app-your-iphone-ipad-ipod-touch-11.html)

^the images load slow thats for sure but all the images open in my app.

I am not sure how there is discrepancy in the iteration?

^^Exactly what I am talking about, sometimes images just load at all on the phone. Even on wifi connection :) . If I use browser at same network then the images open fine.

Another request coming up. Links. If a user wants to add link to the sentence, they should have an option to insert it within the statement rather than paste it separately. I am now 90% dependent on the iPad for surfing TBHP and rest 5% iPod and 5% pc+symbian combined. Thanks!

Gurus,

I have a stupid: question/ requirement. When I click on a TBHP link from a notification mail, can the thread be launched in TBHP app?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sn1p3r
Another request coming up. Links. If a user wants to add link to the sentence, they should have an option to insert it within the statement rather than paste it separately. I am now 90% dependent on the iPad for surfing TBHP and rest 5% iPod and 5% pc+symbian combined. Thanks!

I seriously doubt that is possible (currently). I haven't tried it though I confess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axe77 (Post 2436102)
...Most apps allow you to just single click to "send link by email" through your default mail....

Suggestion noted, thanks.

Android has a good implementation of a single "share" button - which would encompass sharing the link via email, IM, facebook, twitter etc, so that would be simpler to add. I'm not sure how iOS does it. Will check.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rahulkool (Post 2445645)
Also somehow if there are images on the page it takes too much time to load the images.

+
Quote:

Originally Posted by Axe77 (Post 2445678)
I'm facing an issue with images as well in the app... ...Even when they open they sometimes take very long to open.

^ We're having this looked at right now, and are aiming at a solution that should speed things up a lot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sn1p3r (Post 2449681)
Links. If a user wants to add link to the sentence, they should have an option to insert it within the statement..

In-line links with anchor text. Noted. However, keep in mind that the app needs to be kept as simple as possible, and this is a bit of a stretch, considering the tiny amount of people who would actually post a link from the app.

On the other hand - inserting images in-line might be in the pipeline ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by animdas (Post 2454899)
When I click on a TBHP link from a notification mail, can the thread be launched in TBHP app?

Hmmm... nice suggestion. This is actually possible (atleast on android). Will check on the feasibility.

Cheers,
R

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan

Android has a good implementation of a single "share" button - which would encompass sharing the link via email, IM, facebook, twitter etc, so that would be simpler to add. I'm not sure how iOS does it. Will check.

You might want to look at the BBC app they have a good one implemented.

Quote:

In-line links. Noted. However, keep in mind that the app needs to be kept as simple as possible, and this is a bit of a stretch, considering the tiny amount of people who would actually post a link from the app.
hope the mods become a bit lenient for those who do post the links.

Quote:

On the other hand - inserting images in-line might be in the pipeline ;)
clap clap :)

Thanks for upgrading the app. My day depends on TBHP iOS app. Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan

^ We're having this looked at right now, and are aiming at a solution that should speed things up a lot.

Thanks so much. Both of these would be really helpful. Single share with facebook, twitter, email etc options below like you indicated was exactly what I had in mind.

A big shout out to the team bhp support team and the folks who built the app.
The newer version on iOS rocks.

Hello TeamBHP

This is a awesome App for the Iphone 4 and its works with out any flaw.

Mods

I was trying to attach a picture from my iPhone picture library while posting on one of the threads. The upload failed with the error "Forum Runner Plugin not found. Contact site administrator."

Could you please help in this regard?

Hi Ajay_satpute,

- Do you receive this error consistently? Or did it just happen once?
- Which version number of the app are you using? Is it the latest version?

cya
R

In my previous version of Iphone OS when I wanted to Zoom my Camera I was seeing the slide zoom.But in IOS5 it disappeared. But once you zoom with your two fingers in screen it appears.I used the camera after IOS5 to day only in Dhakshin Chitra.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navan49
In my previous version of Iphone OS when I wanted to Zoom my Camera I was seeing the slide zoom.But in IOS5 it disappeared. But once you zoom with your two fingers in screen it appears.I used the camera after IOS5 to day only in Dhakshin Chitra.

I have an iPhone 4.
I would suggest investing just 99 cents on an app called Camera+ by Tap tap tap. It features a brilliant zoom & autofocus along with awesome editing options. I dont usually spend on apps but this one is totally worth it, despite the improvements to camera in ios 5!

I notice a lot of apps are being updated for ios 5 compatibility. Will we see the same for tbhp soon? I'm on an iPhone 4 and have started facing crashes particularly when opening subscribed threads on the new os.
P.S. Opening links related to tbhp from mail/safari doesn't redirect to the app. This would be a nice option like youtube does.
Thanks!