Team-BHP - Team-BHP App for your iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Team-BHP App for your iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/100941-team-bhp-app-your-iphone-ipad-ipod-touch-9.html)

Mods: One more thought.

You could perhaps check whether the way this operates limits the ability to comply with some of the rules. Off hand for instance, I'm not sure one has the ability to edit posts even if an afterthought comes within the 20 min or so window. Is one forced to create a new post even if at short intervals?

Similarly, not sure if multiple quote posting is supported on iPad. If these functionalities can't be built in (apologies if already there, but just giving possible examples for the principle), perhaps a feature could be built in that indicates where a post is made from a tablet / iPhone. That way perhaps some of these could be excused from being classified as infractions.

Anything for Maemo based tablets? a.k.a Nokia N900? please:

Will reply to all other posts later. Just wanted to drop in this update:

The Team-BHP has been downloaded nearly 4,000 times (currently at 38xx) between both, Android & Apple (Android has a marginal lead). 4000 up already!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2348867)
The Team-BHP App has been downloaded over 1,000 times (Android & Apple combined) :)

What's more, within 24 hours of release, the Team-BHP App made it to the iTunes Top 10 Chart (Free Apps) under the "Social" category, and No.1 on the "New & Noteworthy" list.

Check these screengrabs out:

Attachment 543822

Attachment 543823

Congratulations !!! Truly well deserved and super initiative. Staying ahead of the curve as always. This is possibly the first tablet app amongst the india car and bike community.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axe77
Similarly, not sure if multiple quote posting is supported on iPad. If these functionalities can't be built in (apologies if already there, but just giving possible examples for the principle), perhaps a feature could be built in that indicates where a post is made from a tablet / iPhone. That way perhaps some of these could be excused from being classified as infractions.

+1; I am unable to multi quote or edit posts using the iPhone. This indicator maybe helpful to prevent infractions. Or perhaps you already have some indicator available at the Mod level?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 2348912)
Quote:

Is there a way to change the red color scheme to a color more easy on the eyes
We might be fine tuning it slightly - but it will still be red!

Update : we've tweaked the red colour a bit so that its not as in-your-face :) The change should take place immediately, no need for an app update.

cya
R

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan

Update : we've tweaked the red colour a bit so that its not as in-your-face :) The change should take place immediately, no need for an app update.

cya
R

Excellent, man. Looks great!
Appreciate your effort, guys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan

cya
R

The user experience is just fantastic. Can't say enough of what a great initiative this is. 80% of my browsing is now on the iPad and the transformation has been effortless.

On a related note, any feedback on the potential infraction issues? Multi quoting, repeat quote editing etc? Some clarity on this would be useful.

@mods/gto - downloaded and thanks for a wonderful app and all your efforts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axe77 (Post 2367708)
On a related note, any feedback on the potential infraction issues? Multi quoting, repeat quote editing etc?

The Multi-Quote functionality, as well as Edit functionality are both very much present in our iPhone and Android app.

We also expect members to still type in full words (not SMS).

Since thats out of the way, is there any other grey area that you see with our rules and mobile app?

cya
R

I got a push notification from this app on my iPhone. I just closed it without viewing. How do I remove the push count on the team bhp app now?

Thanks a ton! Am using this on my iPhone4 and the seamless interphase of the app is outstanding !

Cheers
Nikhil

I have been using the iPhone app since it was released without any glitch. However am not able to login since a couple of days. I get an error message that the plugin is outdated and it prompts me to report the problem. Has anyone faced this issue?

Quote:

Originally Posted by madhkris (Post 2392199)
I have been using the iPhone app since it was released without any glitch. However am not able to login since a couple of days. I get an error message that the plugin is outdated and it prompts me to report the problem. Has anyone faced this issue?

Not yet. Why not try uninstalling and do a re-install of the app?

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuel_addict (Post 2392268)
Not yet. Why not try uninstalling and do a re-install of the app?

I had tried it a coupla times but no use. It is still showing the same message.