Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2012, 12:55   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK

Nope, that's not it. That is for how the notifications show up on the phone/pad.
Set alert style to None.
Old 26th May 2012, 13:11   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandon

Set alert style to None.
Ok, done that. Will wait and watch. However, how did the push notification get activated when I've not opted for it?
Old 26th May 2012, 13:16   #243
BHPian

Quote:

Ok, done that. Will wait and watch. However, how did the push notification get activated when I've not opted for it?
Did you get alerted by this reply?
Might be the default setting of the new app.
Old 26th May 2012, 13:26   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandon

Did you get alerted by this reply?
Might be the default setting of the new app.
No, I did not get an alert! does this mean it will not alert me, but still keep polling for new posts? I mean, use the network (and I get charged for it), because i'm subscribed to a lot of threads

Edit: just got one!
Team-BHP App for your iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch-image1267395545.jpg

Last edited by IronH4WK : 26th May 2012 at 13:48.
Old 26th May 2012, 13:47   #245
BHPian

Quote:

No, I did not get an alert! does this mean it will not alert me, but still keep polling for new posts? I mean, use the network (and I get charged for it), because i'm subscribed to a lot of threads
The phone doesn't poll for updates, in fact push notifications works the other way round, the server pushes the updates to your phone. So the network usage is less when compared to polling.
Old 26th May 2012, 20:54   #246
Senior - BHPian

Mods: got a real big problem. I have posted the same on the Team-BHP App for iPhone/iPad thread - I got a update for the app from App Store and I installed it. However, unlike the older version, looks like this one has push notifications enabled by default. So far I've not been able to disable it. Help!

Team-BHP App for your iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch-image3691949593.jpg
Team-BHP App for your iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch-image1424812742.jpg
Old 26th May 2012, 21:07   #247
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Mods: got a real big problem. I have posted the same on the Team-BHP App for iPhone/iPad thread - I got a update for the app from App Store and I installed it. However, unlike the older version, looks like this one has push notifications enabled by default. So far I've not been able to disable it. Help!
I don't have this problem. My notifications are disabled at Settings -> Notifications -> Team-bhp. Attached is the pic of my settings. Not sure if this helps

Edit: just noticed that the last option is not captured in the pic. Keep 'View in locked screen' as OFF as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP App for your iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch-image424036376.jpg  

Last edited by vb-saan : 26th May 2012 at 21:22. Reason: Added note
Old 26th May 2012, 21:15   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Mods: got a real big problem.Help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san
I don't have this problem.
IronH4WK, maybe that is the issue you are facing. Set the Sounds and "View in..." to Off.

OT, vb-san, I noticed the carrier. We should ha a mini meet sometime.
Old 26th May 2012, 21:49   #249
Senior - BHPian

Done (again)

Irrespective of that, why is this enabled by default? Now, it's not gonna show in the notifications, but still receiving the push data? Using my diet-3G bandwidth (upload/download)?
Old 27th May 2012, 10:18   #250
Senior - BHPian

Ok, that didn't work either. It's not showing up as an alert, but still shows up in the notification area whenever there is a response to a thread I've subscribed:

How to fix this? Is there a way I can get the old app back?
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP App for your iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch-image2690390579.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 28th May 2012 at 13:49. Reason: As requested
Old 27th May 2012, 10:33   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Ok, that didn't work either.

Do you use an iPad as well? Or have multiple iOS devices registered using the same id but different notification settings? Can you post the notifications settings page for the app.

For revert:
Are you on a Mac or Windows? When you'd have updated the app, it would have moved the previous version to trash. Remove the current version on laptop to another directory, uninstall from your phone, restore previous version from trash, reinstall the app from iTunes on laptop. YMMV.

Disclosure: I'm not an official team-bhp support guy. Just providing community support.

BTW, nice weather. 30 in summer ain't that bad.

Last edited by rtandon : 27th May 2012 at 10:43.
Old 27th May 2012, 10:35   #252
Team-BHP Support

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Ok, that didn't work either. It's not showing up as an alert, but still shows up in the notification area whenever there is a response to a thread I've subscribed:
Oh well, then not sure what the problem is. The only difference I can see is that, I don’t have email notifications ON for any of my subscriptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandon View Post
OT, vb-san, I noticed the carrier. We should ha a mini meet sometime.
Oh sure, we do have a small presence here. I will drop you a PM
Old 27th May 2012, 13:26   #253
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Hi IronH4WK,

1) The app was changed recently so that push notifications could be enabled without having a secondary account just for push. This is better as all you need is a TBHP forum account.

2) To turn this off (sorry i don't have my iPod touch to test), but given that you've moved over from android, maybe you are looking in the wrong place . The setting to turn off push wont be in the TBHP app. It will be in the main "Settings" icon/section on your iOS device.

Let me know if that fixes it.

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2012, 20:00   #254
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan

1) The app was changed recently so that push notifications could be enabled without having a secondary account just for push. This is better as all you need is a TBHP forum account.
R
I am a technophobe. This old man just spent 15 days travelling with an iPad instead of a laptop. I must say I am impressed at the way the TBHP app works on the iPad. Editing is a little more difficult with my fat fingers but the pinch zoom is superb for old eyes.
Old 28th May 2012, 22:12   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
first of all, i didn't get the Team-BHP would like to send you push notifications thingy for me to chose. also, with this version it logged me on automatically, even after uninstalling it and rebooting the phone. in the older versions it used to always ask (when a newer version is installed); wonder where is it holding this info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
2) To turn this off (sorry i don't have my iPod touch to test), but given that you've moved over from android, maybe you are looking in the wrong place . The setting to turn off push wont be in the TBHP app. It will be in the main "Settings" icon/section on your iOS device.
if i'm not wrong, i've seen the Push Notifications option in the iPhone app under Settings. those still using the older version could confirm. anyhoo, with all the suggestions above, the app is still getting push data and its driving me nuts.

as of now, the app stands removed from my phone (edit: until i can figure out what's going on)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandon View Post
BTW, nice weather. 30 in summer ain't that bad.
30degs at 10pm in the night? you gotta be kidding me

Last edited by IronH4WK : 28th May 2012 at 22:18.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks