Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2014, 23:40   #451
BHPian

Thanks to the volunteers for their effort with the new app. I must admit, although am not liking it, I am getting used to it. Trying to Live with it than going back to the older version, hoping for a better new version.

"Looking the gifted horse in its mouth" I just feel (not complaining) this app is free but it isn't ad free.
Old 27th February 2014, 22:35   #452
BHPian

I want older version:(
Old 28th February 2014, 01:19   #453
BHPian

Today, I was able to attach a picture using this new version. I understand, we may not like it but sure we can get used to it and there by like it soon
Old 28th February 2014, 05:36   #454
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)
Re: Team-BHP App for your iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch

I have deleted this tbhp app. It is a complete waste of time in my opinion.
I am exclusively accessing tbhp via the normal web service, irrespective of whether it is on my iPad, iPod or iPhone or mac air...

iDont like this tapatipsytopsy app. Period.
Old 6th March 2014, 00:07   #455
BHPian

Noticed another improvement, the "read" posts are now in sync with app / web version. The app is improving, glad I didn't give up on it. Still miss the search feature as the old app. I was simple and great.
selvagp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2014, 21:39   #456
Senior - BHPian

Photos load much quicker in the new app though. That was my biggest grouse with the older app... that pics took ages to load
razor4077 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2014, 11:34   #457
Senior - BHPian

After a few days of me not having used the new app as much as its predecessor, I have grown to use the mobile app a whole lot more than I used to. The only real miss for me is the lack of a 'Thanks' button/option. Or maybe it's there and I just missed it?

Thanks to Rehaan and co for getting us the app and then working on smoothening out the chinks. Appreciate the effort you guys put into getting this to us.
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2014, 16:11   #458
BHPian

New version for iPad does not load pages with lot of photos like Team bhp new car reviews. Gets very irritating, now I read reviews only through browser.
Old 12th April 2014, 22:41   #459
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
New version for iPad does not load pages with lot of photos like Team bhp new car reviews. Gets very irritating, now I read reviews only through browser.
Hi Ross, sorry about that.

The Xcent review has been updated. Check it out on the app.

Going forward all new official reviews will have pictures that are visible on the new app too

cya
R
Old 11th May 2014, 11:37   #460
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP moving to E2E Networks. EDIT: Done!

Please do something about the ios app. The tapatalk based version is not good.
Old 11th May 2014, 12:35   #461
Team-BHP Support

Hi All,

Clearly the new Tapatalk based iOS app hasn't been as well received as its Android counterpart.

(Unfortunately, I am not an iOS user, so i don't have an in-depth understanding of everything that is different).

** Could you please objectively list out the major pain points of the app. **
I'll compile a list and then see what Tapatalk can do to improve upon them.

FYI : The multi-quote option will be included in an upcoming update.

Example of what I hope to see your following posts look like:
1) Thanks button : there's no way to thank a post.

2) Search feature : earlier i could specifically do abc, and now it only lets me search by xyz

Thanks,
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th May 2014 at 12:38.
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2014, 13:51   #462
Distinguished - BHPian

Team-BHP App for your iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Hi All,

Clearly the new Tapatalk based iOS app hasn't been as well received as its Android counterpart

** Could you please objectively list out the major pain points of the app. **
I'll compile a list and then see what Tapatalk can do to improve upon them.

R

Thanks. Let me start:

1) Multi Quote does not work
2) Touch sensitivity is erratic - the menu that let's you reply, quote, share etc. does not appear consistently when one touches on a post
3) Thank feature is missing
4) You cannot see who has thanked you without going to Web View
5) Notifications don't work properly - we earlier got very specific and consistent notifications
6) Search does not have appropriate options such as searching titles only, within specific sub forums etc.
7) Advanced reply not available
8) The app is much slower than the native T BHP app used to be
9) The app crashes much more often than the previous one
10) You can't see status of the person who has posted (number of posts / number of thanks)
11) Quote does not show who has been quoted and from which post

Last edited by Hayek : 11th May 2014 at 13:54.
Hayek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2014, 22:36   #463
BHPian

Thanks R for asking, let me add to Hayek's
1) I have a setting go to last unread post, however it always seems to go to last post. Reading official reviews with this setting is too hectic. Would need a go to TOP or Bottom feature.
2) Hyperlinks added by members don't seem to work always.
3) Signature does not sync to the web setting.
4) A thread is automatically marked as read when visited via "Subscribed" or "Participated" irrespective of whether the thread is actually opened.
5) Search functionality doesn't seem to work at all. Irritating to see irrelevant results.
6) Some pictures in posts appear as attachments rather than thumbnails.

It has been a bit of time from the old version and I seem to have learned to live with this version. For sure the earlier version was easier and likable but don't remember much now.

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th May 2014 at 23:56. Reason: Hi, can you add specific examples / links of #2 & #6? Thanks!
selvagp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2014, 07:22   #464
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Hi All,

Clearly the new Tapatalk based iOS app hasn't been as well received as its Android counterpart.
R
R!!

Suffice it to say that as a near full-time iOS user, via iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad, I absolutely HATE the TBHP iOS app.

The faults with it are way too numerous to mention and I won't create a super-crib-session here by starting on that.

The beauty of iOS is that most apps are super-user-friendly and iOS by its very "raison d'être" iOS promotes quick, easy, user-friendly and enjoyable "consumption" of information!

Unfortunately our TBHP iOS app does not remotely conform to any of the desirable virtues listed above.

I have indeed been crying hoarse about this for several months, but since nothing was happening, or nothing even seemed forthcoming, I have simply deleted the silly app from my iDevices and continue to use the browser based system instead, irrespective of which device I may be using.

I may add, that this has irretrievably changed and reduced my TBHP browsing/ participation, because for the most part I only browse using my MacBook Air these days and that device does not support the app, so I simply login like I would, on any computer. Since I am not logged in all the time on my Mac and indeed, the sheer portability of the other iDevices means that one's dependence on one's Ultrabook etc are severely reduced, this means that I actually have cut down my TBHP participation itself.

Basically, the TBHP App for iOS is a complete mess and needs to be chucked out and changed.

Nuff Said!

I hope there is some light likely at the end of this long, dark, dank and damp tunnel.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 12th May 2014 at 07:24.
Old 12th May 2014, 11:12   #465
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
R!!

Suffice it to say that as a near full-time iOS user, via iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad, I absolutely HATE the TBHP iOS app.

The faults with it are way too numerous to mention and I won't create a super-crib-session here by starting on that.
We dream, we reflect, we are reborn.
What is cribbing if not a dream for perfection. So do go ahead

Purpose is the driver of energy.
And you can give us the purpose, the purpose to fix
Flow is the nature of learning, and of us, so lets embark on this journey of fixing

Quote:
The beauty of iOS is that most apps are super-user-friendly and iOS by its very "raison d'être" iOS promotes quick, easy, user-friendly and enjoyable "consumption" of information!
Indeed,potential is the richness of health, and of us. And every failure is a waiting potential.By ennobling, we grow and by awakening, we self-actualize. And so its time to awaken and learn, what is going wrong

Quote:
Unfortunately our TBHP iOS app does not remotely conform to any of the desirable virtues listed above.
Nothing is impossible. Not even fixing. To navigate the journey is to become one with it. So lets embark on the journey of fixing.
After all aspiration is the driver of divinity.
Quote:
I have indeed been crying hoarse about this for several months, but since nothing was happening, or nothing even seemed forthcoming, I have simply deleted the silly app from my iDevices and continue to use the browser based system instead, irrespective of which device I may be using.

I may add, that this has irretrievably changed and reduced my TBHP browsing/ participation, because for the most part I only browse using my MacBook Air these days and that device does not support the app, so I simply login like I would, on any computer. Since I am not logged in all the time on my Mac and indeed, the sheer portability of the other iDevices means that one's dependence on one's Ultrabook etc are severely reduced, this means that I actually have cut down my TBHP participation itself.

Basically, the TBHP App for iOS is a complete mess and needs to be chucked out and changed.

Nuff Said!

I hope there is some light likely at the end of this long, dark, dank and damp tunnel.
Light at the end of the tunnel can be hope, or can be the train. When its a train, all we need to do is hop on.
So fear not.
Tell us the details, because, catch this train we must
Because to roam the path is to become one with it. After all, well-being requires exploration and we can safely say, that well-being of this app is our motive, which makes us one with the universe.
So give feedback, so that we can productize impactful functionalities, to give you an app which can strike balance, cause balance is the driver of coherence.
tsk1979 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed