Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2012, 19:50   #436
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Team-BHP App for your Android Phone & Tablet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
Furthermore, what's worse is that they belong to the "charges apply on click category". Of late, I have't seen the advertisements but I have lost Rs. 50 on 2 occasions so far, since my finger accidentally touched the advertisement bar, and I was charged for downloading wallpapers by my service provider (Tata DoCoMo).
Quote:
Originally Posted by acatgain View Post
But being said that the advertizements that are coming up in the mobile app is a bit on the vulgar side.
We're looking into this right away and the matter should be solved in 24 hours. Sorry about the inconvenience folks, but this is not the way we do things on Team-BHP.

Please PM me in the future with such complaints for a quicker resolution.

Thanks
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th September 2012, 01:53   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
We're looking into this right away and the matter should be solved in 24 hours.

Thanks GTO for that swift action. Will PM you if we found any such things so that that can be resolved ASAP.
acatgain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2012, 09:47   #438
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
We're looking into this right away and the matter should be solved in 24 hours. Sorry about the inconvenience folks, but this is not the way we do things on Team-BHP.

Please PM me in the future with such complaints for a quicker resolution.

Thanks
Update : This category of ads has been entirely blocked. Please do report such ads in the unlikely event that you should see them, so that we can censor them right away.

Thanks.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2012, 13:59   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Update : This category of ads has been entirely blocked. Please do report such ads in the unlikely event that you should see them, so that we can censor them right away.
Thanks, That is wonderful !! ^^^

GTO, Has the blocking been done only for the Mobile site or also in the Android App too?

I got this query as i didnt receive any App updates for the TBHP App in Google Play store.
Old 28th September 2012, 15:18   #440
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
...I have lost Rs. 50 on 2 occasions so far, since my finger accidentally touched the advertisement bar, and I was charged for downloading wallpapers by my service provider (Tata DoCoMo).
As per GTOs post, you shouldn't be facing this problem anymore, however, do contact Tata DoCoMo and complain, they should refund your money. (See Delta5's post 2 pages back - he managed to do this successfully in one phone call)

Quote:
Originally Posted by acatgain View Post
I got this query as i didnt receive any App updates for the TBHP App in Google Play store.
Its controlled via the ad server, so no need for an app update to make this change.

cya
R
Old 28th September 2012, 17:58   #441
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks.
Thanks GTO !

BTW, only the vulgar ads are blocked now or the advertisements are entirely removed from the App ?
Old 30th September 2012, 13:40   #442
MHG
BHPian

Can someone clarify if the app works fine on a 240x320 resolution screen ?
Old 3rd October 2012, 14:37   #443
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
BTW, only the vulgar ads are blocked now or the advertisements are entirely removed from the App ?
The offending ads have been blocked. Advertisements are still present in the app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHG View Post
Can someone clarify if the app works fine on a 240x320 resolution screen ?
What device is this for? I'm not sure if it will be supported, but since the app is FREE why don't you try it out and reply back.

cya,
R
Rehaan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2012, 15:12   #444
MHG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
What device is this for? I'm not sure if it will be supported, but since the app is FREE why don't you try it out and reply back.

cya,
R
Galaxy Y, Galaxy Pocket or Galaxy Chat, all from Samsung. I don't have the device to check hence I'm asking here.
Old 5th October 2012, 11:40   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHG View Post
Galaxy Y, Galaxy Pocket or Galaxy Chat, all from Samsung. I don't have the device to check hence I'm asking here.
MHG yes it works perfect in galaxy Y and Galaxy S2 (Since i am using both). No issues faced. But only thing in Y, downloading of pages are very slow compared to S2 on GPRS. I havent tried using 3G. Also I havent tried it on Pocket and Chat since i dont own them, but if u wish one of my friend have Pocket will try and let you know.
Achilless is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2012, 17:06   #446
MHG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilless View Post
MHG yes it works perfect in galaxy Y and Galaxy S2 (Since i am using both). No issues faced. But only thing in Y, downloading of pages are very slow compared to S2 on GPRS. I havent tried using 3G. Also I havent tried it on Pocket and Chat since i dont own them, but if u wish one of my friend have Pocket will try and let you know.
Thanks a lot! I don't think you need to try it in Pocket and/or Chat because the screen resolutions are identical.
Old 6th October 2012, 13:58   #447
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP App for your iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch

I am constantly getting notifications when the threads I have subscribed to get a new post even though I have disabled push notifications.Is that a bug or am I missing something here?? I use a S3.
KINI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2012, 12:01   #448
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP App for your iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
I am constantly getting notifications when the threads I have subscribed to get a new post even though I have disabled push notifications.Is that a bug or am I missing something here?? I use a S3.
I was too getting so many push notifications that i actually unistalled the app. this was after i signed out of the app too. I use a Galaxy Nexus.
siddharthdeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2012, 09:46   #449
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthdeb View Post
I was too getting so many push notifications that i actually unistalled the app. this was after i signed out of the app too. I use a Galaxy Nexus.
Guys,

Thanks for pointing this out. We've temporarily disabled the notifications until this matter is resolved.

By the way, do note that you could switch the notifications off via the App settings. For it to come into effect, you have to kill the App and then restart it.
Old 11th October 2012, 12:34   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Thanks for pointing this out. We've temporarily disabled the notifications until this matter is resolved.

By the way, do note that you could switch the notifications off via the App settings. For it to come into effect, you have to kill the App and then restart it.
@GTO thanks for looking into it. I signed out of the app, I was still getting the notifications. In fact when I disabled the notifications and restarted, the notifications were still enabled.

BTW this was not happening on my iOS devices.

Sid
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks