Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2017, 09:16   #886
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP App for your Android Phone & Tablet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngauravmalhotra View Post
i had another thing to point out. I use team bhp predominantly on my android phone. Over time i saw my storage space reducing drastically. To recover space, I did the usual cache clean, etc in vain. I decided to check the file system to understand what was taking space. I found out that team bhp app uses a directory other than the default cache directory to store all the images. The path on android is /netendoftimeandroidforumrunnerteambhp/cache. This folder contains all in-post images and doesnt get cleared when clearing cache through regular app settings. One would have to browse to this folder and select-all and delete.
No need to browse to the folder and then delete. Go to Settings-> Storage-> Misc, then mark the folder '/netendoftimeandroidforumrunnerteambhp'.
This is what I do. Hope this helps.
Old 17th July 2017, 16:13   #887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Each time I load the app, I get this error. Works fine after a few refreshes. Device is OnePlus One running on stock CM ROM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
I am getting exactly same message on my phone. Mine is also One plus one. Has this anything to do with newbie account which might have some restricted rights?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post
Nothing to do with newbie account! This happens when somebody uses data instead of wifi to access the TBHP app.
This has nothing to do with whether we use mobile data or WiFi to access the application. I used to get the same error message whenever I cleared messages from my Inbox which is actually restricted for newbies as far as I know. The moment you get some new messages, the errors will disappear once you restart the application.
FYI I'm also using OnePlus One on custom ROM 7.2.
Old 24th July 2017, 10:07   #888
BHPian

I find part of the below post missing in both IOS and android app, from the 'less than' symbol

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...ml#post4238837 (DIY: Touchscreen Android ICE on a shoestring budget (using a Tablet))

The post appears as
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP App for your Android Phone & Tablet-asset.png  

Old 2nd October 2017, 09:26   #889

Hello, I am unable to post messages or threads via the app. can you help me rectify this. Should I delete and reload. Should I use Taptalk?
Old 5th October 2017, 12:28   #890
Team-BHP Support

As mentioned before, we don't have support for the mobile app anymore.

Strongly suggest you give our Smartphone Skin a try for a few days. Once you get used to it you'll realise it has virtually everything you need, and it doesn't have any of the issues that the mobile apps are starting to have lately.
Old 5th October 2017, 16:05   #891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosalf View Post
Hello, I am unable to post messages or threads via the app.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
As mentioned before, we don't have support for the mobile app anymore.. Strongly suggest you give our Smartphone Skin a try for a few days.
The Smartphone Skin is indeed a saviour for all those logged on to the forum via their mobile phones.

@Rehan, why don't you remove the app from the play store once for all? I see many readers - members and guests alike - download the app only to get disappointed by the experience.

On a lighter note, once the app goes missing from the play store, you will start receiving queries on why doesn't the forum have an app of its own . Either ways, you will be stuck between a rock and a hard place ..
dailydriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 15:28   #892
BHPian

Hi Bluevolt,

I like the older version of the app. The links provided are not working. Could you please provide the apk file for the older app?
Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 15:43   #893
BHPian

I was never aware of this thread and was using the mobile app for a few months now and realized it has a lot of issues. Started using the smartphone skin from today, it does everything and is much faster than the mobile app
jayantvs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2017, 11:43   #894
BHPian

I downloaded the app, but, as pointed out before, it is broken in many aspects. It was also last updated over three years ago.

Considering it is based on Tapatalk platform, why don't we add official Tapatalk app support to this forum, and be done with it? I would love to have the forum work on the Tapatalk app.
Old 14th October 2017, 15:08   #895
BHPian

Can someone please point me to the old 1.3.4 version of the app. I accidentally deleted my copy. Kindly PM me for my email address if you send it to me via email . Thanks in advance.
Old 5th November 2017, 00:18   #896
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Hi.
Since few months, I have increased my usage on the TBHP Android app, however most activity still happens over my laptop!

Issue on app: I noticed that when I try to enter the "Inbox" or "Sent" item for my private messages, the app keeps trying to refresh, but messages are not shown.

Troubleshooting steps already performed, no success yet:
- within the app, clicking the Refresh menu
- within Android, tried app's clear data and again entered the account details
- within Android, checked App's permission (all granted for Contacts, Storeage, Telephone)
- for a longer period even left the phone running with Inbox, but it doesnt refresh, maybe even hangs. Once I remember getting Android's message that TBHP App is taking more resources and heating, so I forced stopped.

Im using OnePlus-3T (7.1.1). Any idea what could be problem that not syncing Pvt Messages on app ?

thanks,
Pranav

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd December 2017 at 12:51. Reason: Post moved to app thread. We strongly suggest you use the Smartphone skin in the browser instead. Thanks!
Old 12th December 2017, 20:25   #897
BHPian

I have noticed this gibberish in the place of apostrophe in some posts while using the Team Bhp app. Is it a known issue which is being fixed?
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP App for your Android Phone & Tablet-1513090458759.jpg  

Old 12th December 2017, 20:41   #898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbopetrol View Post
I have noticed this gibberish in the place of apostrophe in some posts while using the Team Bhp app. Is it a known issue which is being fixed?
What browser are you using? & rsquo; is part of the html standard since at least 1999/2000. :-)

Last edited by binand : 12th December 2017 at 20:42.
Old 12th December 2017, 21:37   #899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
What browser are you using? & rsquo; is part of the html standard since at least 1999/2000. :-)
As I mentioned in my post, I used Team bhp app and not any browser.
Old 12th December 2017, 21:49   #900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbopetrol View Post
I think it may be some issue in the app. But the TBHP app is no longer supported as mentioned in many posts earlier. Use http://m.teambhp.com to browse in mobiles.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed