Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Closed Thread

Old 12th December 2017, 22:09   #901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
I think it may be some issue in the app. But the TBHP app is no longer supported as mentioned in many posts earlier. Use http://m.teambhp.com to browse in mobiles.
Oh I didn't know that app was no longer supported. Thanks for the information.
Old 27th December 2017, 18:27   #902
BHPian

Default Re: *NEW*: Improved attachment uploading on Team-BHP!

I am still not able to attach an image from Android app (using latest version app on OnePlus 3 running on Android 8.0). On the attachment preview screen, when I tap 'Attachment' on top right corner, it navigates to the message screen & displays a toast notification saying 'Security error (user may not have permission to access this feature)'.

It would be great if it can be fixed as well. It will enable me to upload images from the mobile. (Right now, I have to transfer the photo to PC & upload from website)

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th December 2017 at 18:02. Reason: Hi, moving this here, as this doesn't have anything to do with the new attachment upload. Will reply in a post below :)
Old 28th December 2017, 18:04   #903
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: *NEW*: Improved attachment uploading on Team-BHP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
(Right now, I have to transfer the photo to PC & upload from website)
Hi Bhavik.1991,

As mentioned before, we don't have support for the mobile app anymore.

However, rather than doing what I've quoted from your post above, please do try our Smartphone skin in your mobile browser.

Link to Smartphone Skin

Once you get used to it you'll realise it has virtually everything you need, and it doesn't have any of the issues that the mobile apps are starting to have lately.
Old 8th January 2018, 21:23   #904
BHPian

Default Re: Team-BHP App for your Android Phone & Tablet

I believe the earlier android app was based on Tapatalk.

Would it be feasible to enable the Tapatalk plugin on the forum?
Old 2nd September 2018, 11:48   #905
BHPian

Default Android app not working

I cannot connect using the Android app since last night. It gives a cannot connect to server error and closes. Anybody else having the same issue or is it only me.

Have sent a PM to the administrator too but was not sure if the address was correct hence posting this here for feedback and support.

Mods. Please respond and move this to appropriate thread is posted wrongly.
Old 2nd September 2018, 13:24   #906
BHPian

Default Re: Android app not working

The iOS app is also not working since last night. I’ve reinstalled the app which only led to me being unable to login with a message saying “This forum is currently not available”. More than likely some backend error?
Old 2nd September 2018, 13:35   #907
BHPian

Facing the same problem.
Old 2nd September 2018, 14:56   #908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
I cannot connect using the Android app since last night. It gives a cannot connect to server error and closes. Anybody else having the same issue or is it only me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrippledLucifer View Post
The iOS app is also not working since last night. I’ve reinstalled the app which only led to me being unable to login with a message saying “This forum is currently not available”. More than likely some backend error?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Facing the same problem.

Folks, read the posts just couple of posts ahead of yours in this same page and you will get your answers. The app is no longer supported and hence you will not get solutions to the issues. Better to use mobile version of the site, http://m.teambhp.com/.
Old 2nd September 2018, 22:00   #909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Folks, read the posts just couple of posts ahead of yours in this same page and you will get your answers. The app is no longer supported and hence you will not get solutions to the issues. Better to use mobile version of the site, http://m.teambhp.com/.
That is not the case here. The app is no longer being updated because it is not supported however it never hampered it's working. As quoted by fellow users there is some error due to which the app has stopped responding. Hopefully mods should be able to clarify. Further I do understand that mobile skin is good however in my opinion website can not replace the convenience of app. If it's a matter of finances i.e. to develop the app, I am sure bhpians would not mind to buy the paid version of the app. Mods please look into the matter once again
Old 3rd September 2018, 01:06   #910
BHPian

You are spot on. It is just so much convenient to use the app. My readership has already gone down within a day because it's just too slow and cumbersome to use the mobile web site in the phone.

I will not mind at all to pay for the app if the mods decide to build a new one. Please have a look to see if this can be fixed.

I can also volunteer to upgrade the server software if that's whats stopping us from using the app. I read somewhere that we use a old version of vbulletin and that does not support the tapatalk app. I can help, let me know.
Old 3rd September 2018, 01:06   #911
BHPian

I am trying to use the mobile version of the site and although browsing doesn't seem to be an issue, but the new posts/new topics section is only showing 22 results. Is that a design flaw. Anyone who uses the app generally visits the Unread and New Posts tabs and it shows all threads and not just a limited number like the mobile site is doing.
If that can be sorted then maybe we will feel more at ease with the mobile site, although the convenience of the app just can't be replicated.
Old 3rd September 2018, 08:09   #912
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys, we made some changes to the website & are working on sorting out the app issue. Please allow some time. We're on it. Thanks!
Old 3rd September 2018, 09:10   #913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Guys, we made some changes to the website & are working on sorting out the app issue. Please allow some time. We're on it. Thanks!

Thank you for the update! I'm happy to report the iOS app is once again working.

I concur with other users here, while the mobile website is functional, the app offers plenty more features for an overall more user friendly experience. I too would be happy to pay for an updated version of an app should the need arise.
Old 3rd September 2018, 09:36   #914
BHPian

Thank you the Android app is working again, but I could not quote a message to reply to it.
It gives some permission error when I press the quote button to reply.

Quote:
Thanks, it seems to be working properly now. I could quote and reply successfully.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 4th September 2018 at 16:44. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts.
Old 3rd September 2018, 11:19   #915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Thank you the Android app is working again, but I could not quote a message to reply to it.

Quote:

Thanks. The IOS app is now working. It was down last evening.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed