Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2011, 19:46   #91
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP App for your Android Phone & Tablet

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Of the three, there is a possibility that a Blackberry app will be made available in a quarter or two. But again, no commitments.
Thank you! I cannot wait for the BlackBerry app to come! Though at work, TBHP site isn't blocked, but then one gets greedy one wants to have access to TBHP everywhere, all the time!!!!

Looking forward to BB app!

Cheers,
Old 12th May 2011, 21:11   #92
sun
BHPian

Very good, just what I was looking for, for my dell streak .
Old 12th May 2011, 21:35   #93
Senior - BHPian

Some strange thing is happening for me, I own a Samsung Galaxy 5 mobile runnning Android 2.1.
My phone is not downloading the app at all. It start with the sreen showing as downloading and then all of a sudden it stops with no info whatsoever.
I do not thing this has anything to do with the app as such.

But I am not able to donwload the application at all. Need help please...
Old 12th May 2011, 22:07   #94
BHPian

Hello Guys,

So car geeks turn silicon geeks! nice to see, download was smooth so was installation, as any android app. I like the positioning of making the app free - inline with what team-bhp stands for free info the masses! Keep it going. I am an android developer myself and I would like to give some candid feedback (the most frequently used term in s/w world). Let me know if I can contribute too!

Way to go ....literally ...
Old 12th May 2011, 23:19   #95
BHPian

Two small requests:
1. There is no multi-quote option in the app. Please try and incorporate this. It feels like a crime to clutter the forum with back to back posts!

2. An exit option would be ideal (already mentioned by another member). This will help in preventing the app from running in the background. For the time being I am using the task killer to close the app completely.

I noticed a small problem. When you open a page a message pops up saying "contacting remote.....". The pop up is not animated all the time (I am talking about the small clock like thing). This doesn't affect the opening though. The page does open up but sometimes you doubt whether the app is stuck or not. Then again I am not sure whether this is a problem with my handset or the app!

Last edited by ajman28 : 12th May 2011 at 23:26.
Old 12th May 2011, 23:36   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajman28
Two small requests:
1. There is no multi-quote option in the app. Please try and incorporate this. It feels like a crime to clutter the forum with back to back posts!
I disagree. The 'multiquote' option is very much present in the application.

1. Click on the first post that you want to quote.
2. A pop up menu appears.Now select the 'select' option.
3. Then select the next post you want to quote.
4. Press the menu button on your phone, once you finish selecting the posts.
5. You will see 'multiquote' option. Select it.
6. You're done.

I guess this helps you.
Klub Class is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th May 2011, 00:15   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
We might be fine tuning it slightly - but it will still be red!
I don't think there's anything wrong with the color per se, but the tone looks a touch harsh to the eyes.
teknicsand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2011, 07:28   #98
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
Mods: Please consider a Team-BHP app for Windows Phone too. Though the number may not be as great as android, its still a considerable chunk. I , for one, have been using (only) Windows mobile since the last 7 years.
Yes Veyron - Windows have pretty good share.
Fantastic work GTO by TBHP. Please do provide for windows phone also. We need to stick to windows to have better compatibility for exchange mails. So bit difficult to move out from windows. Also windows works well too.

Waiting for Windows
Old 13th May 2011, 07:33   #99
BHPian

Another observation...The location of a member is not being displayed on the post
Old 13th May 2011, 08:24   #100
Senior - BHPian

Few suggestions from my side.

1. With the current layout it's real pain to go to the last said in the recent/new posts search results.(All thanks to the absence of page navigation link. Sigh)

2. Please provide the green colored button so that one can know whether a member is online or not.

I'm hoping to see these suggestions implemented in the next update.
Old 13th May 2011, 09:05   #101
Senior - BHPian

when i switch between applications and come back to the tbhp app, its all blank and i have to restart it. Running a Samsung spica with CM 6.1.1. Anyone else having this issue ?
Old 13th May 2011, 09:07   #102

Very nice and useful application.Thankyou.
Old 13th May 2011, 12:11   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class

I disagree. The 'multiquote' option is very much present in the application.

1. Click on the first post that you want to quote.
2. A pop up menu appears.Now select the 'select' option.
3. Then select the next post you want to quote.
4. Press the menu button on your phone, once you finish selecting the posts.
5. You will see 'multiquote' option. Select it.
6. You're done.

I guess this helps you.
Thanks. This does work out. I didn't discover the option earlier.
Old 13th May 2011, 12:51   #104
Senior - BHPian

Bug in the android app!

The 'PM when quoted' notification does not work when someone replies to my post from the new android app.

While replying to a post from the app, the 'red icon' placed next to the handle name of the member whose post is being quoted does not appear and this is the reason why the notification fails to work. (Please see the attached images)

Please fix the bug and ensure that the iPhone is free of this bug.

All thanks to the BHPian anekho who had reported in the 'suggestions thread' that the 'PM when quoted' notification does not work at times.

Team-BHP App for your Android Phone & Tablet-fullscreen-capture-5132011-123558-pm.jpg

Team-BHP App for your Android Phone & Tablet-fullscreen-capture-5132011-124438-pm.jpg

Team-BHP App for your Android Phone & Tablet-fullscreen-capture-5132011-124432-pm1.jpg

...and this is how a normal 'quoted' post looks like.

Team-BHP App for your Android Phone & Tablet-fullscreen-capture-5132011-125221-pm.jpg

Last edited by Klub Class : 13th May 2011 at 12:53.
Klub Class is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2011, 14:08   #105
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
...My phone is not downloading the app at all. It start with the sreen showing as downloading and then all of a sudden it stops with no info whatsoever. Need help please...
Does this happen repeatedly? Perhaps clear your Market Cache? (Settings > Apps > Manage apps > Market > Clear data.)

If this still doesn't work - let me know and i'll try and help you side-load it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_and_machine View Post
I would like to give some candid feedback (the most frequently used term in s/w world). Let me know if I can contribute too!
Please do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajman28 View Post
1. There is no multi-quote option in the app. Please try and incorporate this.
It already exists (see Klub_Klass's post) - however, if those instructions don't work for you, it might be a bug on certain versions. We're looking into this.

Quote:
2. An exit option would be ideal (already mentioned by another member). This will help in preventing the app from running in the background. For the time being I am using the task killer to close the app completely.
A little OT, but in the 2.xx versions of android, memory management is much improved. Common consensus is that using a task killer can actually cause more FCs and other problems. At the moment, its best to let android handle the shutdown of the app.

Quote:
The pop up is not animated all the time
First time i'm hearing of this one. What phone are you using?
Is anyone else facing this problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Another observation...The location of a member is not being displayed on the post
Given that the app is trying to fit a lot of stuff into a small screen, i guess a few elements had to be left out.

We could consider adding it to the member profile page (seen when you click the member's avatar image)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
1. With the current layout it's real pain to go to the last said in the recent/new posts search results.(All thanks to the absence of page navigation link. Sigh)
Can you clarify : you want to go to the oldest "new post"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
2. Please provide the green colored button so that one can know whether a member is online or not.
This actually exists in the iPhone version. It might make its way into the Android version if/when possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
when i switch between applications and come back to the tbhp app, its all blank and i have to restart it. Running a Samsung spica with CM 6.1.1. Anyone else having this issue ?
Yes! ME
Can you find a consistent way to make this happen though? Any repeatable pattern that we can pass on to the dev?

Thanks,
R

@Klub_Klass : Noted about the quote PMs. Thanks. I have also replied in the suggestions thread.

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th May 2011 at 14:10.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed