Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2011, 15:09   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
First time i'm hearing of this one. What phone are you using?
Is anyone else facing this problem?
Count me in. The 'dial like thing ' does not get rotated all the while.

But I suggest you place this pop up window on the bottom of the thread rather than fixing up the issue, if you know what I mean.

Quote:
Can you clarify : you want to go to the oldest "new post"?
Yeah, you got it right there.

But with the current layout I've to click 'load more threads' multiple times to reach the oldest 'new post'.

Did I confuse you again?

Quote:
This actually exists in the iPhone version. It might make its way into the Android version if/when possible.
I'm looking forward to see this implemented.

Quote:
@Klub_Klass : Noted about the quote PMs. Thanks. I have also replied in the suggestions thread.

If possible please include the post ID number in the app as it will help members while reporting back to back posts. Moreover, I've this feeling that we'll be able to fix the PM Quote issue this way.
Old 13th May 2011, 16:50   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan

It already exists (see Klub_Klass's post) - however, if those instructions don't work for you, it might be a bug on certain versions. We're looking into

First time i'm hearing of this one. What phone are you using?
Is anyone else facing this .
Regarding the multi-quote, it's working fine with the method mentioned by klub klass.

Iam using a samsung galaxy 3. Android 2.1
There is no major issue with the pop up not being animated. The page still opens. It's only that sometimes you doubt whether the app is stuck or not. And this does not happen all the time. I don't think this should be considered as a high priority bug.

What about the thank you feature? Can you incorporate it into the posts?

As of now the app is functioning very smoothly. Way to go guys. Great work at the backend!
Old 13th May 2011, 17:56   #108
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP App for your Android Phone & Tablet

Waiting for BB app.
Although my I-pod is been updated, BB app is awaited eagerly.
Old 13th May 2011, 21:05   #109
Senior - BHPian

hacked my HD2 and installed Android 2.2 to get this app! i'm lovin' it!
Old 14th May 2011, 10:36   #110
BHPian

Here's my first message from my HTC Desire 2.2. Been using it for couple of days now. The application is pretty light and loads even on Edge network without any issues. Very handy to use while on the move. Thank you GTO!
Old 14th May 2011, 22:03   #111
BHPian

This is great news. Now I can read tbhp on long bus/train journeys!
Old 15th May 2011, 11:41   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Does this happen repeatedly? Perhaps clear your Market Cache? (Settings > Apps > Manage apps > Market > Clear data.)

If this still doesn't work - let me know and i'll try and help you side-load it.
Hi Rehaan,
Thanks for offering for the help...

It had been happening repeatedly and I even realised that for all other Android apps it was the same status (i.e. it was shoing the Download unsuccessful.).

I did go thro many android forums and found that its some issue which is repeated often and even Google doesnt have an answers. Only way out is to reset the phone to factory setting. Its purely a Android issue.

Anyway if you come across any other person with the same kind of issue. I can also suggest the steps I had followed.
Old 15th May 2011, 13:38   #113
BHPian

Installed. This app is awesome. Would work better in 3g too. Neat application.
Old 15th May 2011, 23:47   #114
BHPian

Is it me or are the images/attachments loading rather slowly?

Nexus One/Android 2.3.4/ISP Speed 4mbps.

Rest of the app is pretty quick to load.
Old 16th May 2011, 07:24   #115
BHPian

Started using the Android app & its awesome. I have one feature request though. As there is no use of volume function in this app, would it be possible to link the volume button to scroll up or down?
As most threads are long enough in general, scrolling down becomes easier I feel. I have this same feature in a book reader.
Old 16th May 2011, 11:22   #116
BHPian

This is great. Now how about coming out with a Windows mobile app.
Old 16th May 2011, 13:28   #117
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
Is it me or are the images/attachments loading rather slowly?
Rest of the app is pretty quick to load.
Most images are re-sized server side before being sent to the app. However, we're looking into tweaking this further to get a more consistent and faster loading

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiesel View Post
...I have one feature request though. As there is no use of volume function in this app, would it be possible to link the volume button to scroll up or down?....
Thanks for the suggestion. We'll look into it. (I think Android best practices are against hardware-button mapping within an app? Not sure... will note it as a suggestion and evaluate it).

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th May 2011 at 13:29.
Old 16th May 2011, 14:27   #118
Senior - BHPian

Am having issues with the images too, when clicking on the thumbnail it opens a new window with images but then when I click on the thumbnail again,nothing happens? Is it not possible to open the image in a bigger size?

Other thing: my office net is down and am posting through the phone today. I needed to copy the URL of a thread, I clicked on Menu- open browser ,copied the url there and then came back to the app to paste it.
My question: is this the only way to copy the url? Can't I copy url's from the app itself without opening the browsers?
Old 17th May 2011, 10:21   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. We'll look into it. (I think Android best practices are against hardware-button mapping within an app? Not sure... will note it as a suggestion and evaluate it).
Thanks for considering the suggestion. Check out the ebook reader by name "Moon+ Reader", which features different ways of scrolling. Click here to go to android market.
Old 17th May 2011, 14:29   #120
Senior - BHPian

GOOD TO HAVE FEATURES IN THE TBHP ANDROID APP
Mods, based on my usage of the TBHP Android app, I felt there should be some additional features which can really enhance the convenience and ease of using this app. These are just my personal observations and as always you guys can take your call on these.
1. In the Message box, when you long press a message from the list, it pops up the reply, forward and delete options but when you open a specific message to read and want to do a follow up action like delete or forward, you can't do it. You only get to REPLY through the menu button and long press is disabled. So, if you either need to forward or delete the button you have to press back and do it. I feel it would be good to have these options as well through the menu button when you open a specific message and there is enough space to accommodate these options.
2. Under the "Current" option which shows the new post of all the thread, each thread is listed under it's section head. If a person wants to view all the thread under those sections, he will have to go to FORUM option which will show the Major heads, and then look for the section which can be sometimes three level down. So, is it not possible that section heads are given as link, clicking on which will take directly to all the threads under that section?
3. This may be device specific. I have HTC wildfire, which also has a trackball, when I use the trackball to scroll through the threads, at the end, when there is "load more threads" option, the trackball doesn't selects that button. Also, I can only scroll up and down through the trackball and can't select options like "jump page", previous page, next page, etc . Though am not complaining on this, but just wondering because for all other apps the trackball works perfectly.

P.S: sorry, for the long post but my office net is down for the 2nd day, and have been using TBHP extensively through my phone.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed