Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2011, 12:15   #211
BHPian

I've noticed that the pictures in various threads take a while to load.(even while browsing on Wi Fi). Also there is no option to pinch and zoom the pics too. Any pointers?
Old 28th August 2011, 13:34   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors
I've noticed that the pictures in various threads take a while to load.(even while browsing on Wi Fi). Also there is no option to pinch and zoom the pics too. Any pointers?
Yes are right even if you are on WiFi the pictures do take long to load. On a gprs connection you need extreme patience cause it takes really really long to load.
You cannot zoom into the pics. Which makes it harder to rear if the pic is a scan with some text. Foe e.g RavenAvi's last post on the new price check thread.

Hope we can sort this issue as well as add the much wanted thank you feature to the android app.
Old 28th August 2011, 15:03   #213
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for the back to back post.
Also realised that when opening a photo in a particular post. Its not only that picture which you can scroll to but the others on the same page too.
Thats a pretty neat feature.

And if you want to zoom into a photo very closely. Then you will have to save it to your phone first.
But it takes the same amount of time that it took to open the picture to save it.
So if you want to zoom into it save the photo to your phone.
It requires patience though as it is a two step process.
Hope this helps.
Old 29th August 2011, 19:41   #214
Team-BHP Support

Re: Team-BHP App for your Android Phone & Tablet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Is there a "new post" link in android apps?
Yes ofcourse! The "Current" tab shows you all the "new posts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Hope we get the Thanks tab in the New Version of the T-BHP Andriod app.
+
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Just figured out there isn't a Thanks option in the Android app. Can we have this?
This is a much requested feature! We're working towards it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Anything coming up for Windows-based phones? :P
+
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinboy View Post
How about an app for BlackBerry? Do we have it or is it on the way?
+
Quote:
Originally Posted by navrddy View Post
Any App for my Nokia Symbian OS
Nothing currently planned guys. Lets see what the future holds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
How about a widget that auto updates if you want it too.
Like instantaneous, every half hour, hourly etc.
You can have your subscribed threads updating.
Or maybe a list of favorite threads.
Great idea mdsaab! Its already on my wish-list

Quote:
Originally Posted by srsriharsha View Post
Why dont we have tapatalk integration ?
ststiharsha, sorry but we are going to stick with just the TBHP app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors View Post
I've noticed that the pictures in various threads take a while to load.(even while browsing on Wi Fi).
We're have been looking into this. Hopefully the next update should fix it.

Quote:
Also there is no option to pinch and zoom the pics too. Any pointers?
As mdsaab said, you could save the picture (press menu when viewing the picture) and then open it in the gallery.

Cheers,
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2011, 19:55   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

As mdsaab said, you could save the picture (press menu when viewing the picture) and then open it in the gallery.

Cheers,
R
Thanks for your prompt response, Rehaan. Regarding the pinch and zoom option, I dont feel its practically possible to download each and every image on a particular thread (or from the various threads I visit in a day) just for seeing it in detail. Even if I do, I will have to go back and clean my gallery just to keep pics which I like and avoid any clutter. All this is time, space and bandwidth consuming process IMHO.

Instead, if you guys can take a look at the Engadget app on Android or iPhone you'll get a fair bit of idea of how to implement this. The app is very very neat and highly professional I should say. You can find the link below.

Engadget
Old 30th August 2011, 13:36   #216
BHPian

Hi Rehaan,
Thanks for the revert!

All these days we've been critical of whats needed and whats not.

A very effective feature that I would like to applaud in the Android app - the photo attachment uploading feature.

One need not worry about trimming the size (less than 1 MB size) while uploading the picture taken on the mobile, a task that I detest the most while uploading pics from my laptop.

Can we such a facility for the windows based version of Team BHP?
Old 31st August 2011, 13:02   #217
BHPian

I must say that the app is pretty neat! I have one more feature request for the next version (or did I miss it in the current version?!?!)

The default font size is pretty small and can make continuous viewing a strain (knowing how addicting some topics on this forum are). Would it be possible to add an option in the "settings" screen to change the font size? Something simple like radio buttons - "small, default, medium, large, extra large" would suffice.

I'm saying this because I was reading the topic here and I got so engrossed in reading the full topic that after an hour I felt like throwing up...because of the eye strain/fatigue.

Thanks in advance!
Old 3rd September 2011, 12:18   #218
BHPian

Seeing an update on the Android Market for the app . Mods, what have you guys added.
Old 3rd September 2011, 13:02   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04
Seeing an update on the Android Market for the app . Mods, what have you guys added.
Yes, please list out the new features added. Eagerly waiting to know.
Old 3rd September 2011, 14:05   #220
BANNED

Recently Changed in this version

* Image gallery fixes
* Various other stability fixes

when you update the app you can read this.
Old 3rd September 2011, 14:07   #221
Team-BHP Support

APP UPDATE ON 2nd SEPTEMBER 2011

This update will greatly speed up photo viewing in the gallery (ie the view after you click on an image thumbnail).

Earlier, the gallery-view images were being sent to your phone in full size and then scaled down on your screen. Now these images are resized down on the server itself, before being sent to your phone.

In addition to that, large images are now sent across as JPGs, not PNGs as they were earlier.

These two changes should greatly increase image viewing speed in the TBHP app's gallery, as well as reduce data usage when doing the same.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd September 2011 at 14:10.
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2011, 14:12   #222
BANNED

@Rehaan

I ticked the option "send my signature" and added my signature word on this app but its not apperaring on the post!
Old 3rd September 2011, 14:31   #223
BHPian

Everytime I switch to another application team bhp app closes or rather shuts down. Say I receive a call while reading a post, the app exits. And I lose continuity. This was not there before the update. Images are loading faster. And when I click on current, automatic refresh happens nicely.
Old 3rd September 2011, 14:48   #224
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Regarding the pinch and zoom option, I dont feel its practically possible to download each and every image on a particular thread just for seeing it in detail.
Agreed. That wasn't a solution - just a temporary workaround in case you need to see text etc larger in a particular picture. Pinch and zoom should eventually make its way into the app itself, but theres no guarantee or fixed time-line for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Can we such a facility for the windows based version of Team BHP?
We've discussed this in the forum suggestions thread a couple of times. At the moment, we are limited by the upload options that the vBulletin software provides us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsathyap View Post
Would it be possible to add an option in the "settings" screen to change the font size?
Noted.
This might be especially useful with higher ppi devices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsathyap View Post
I got so engrossed in reading the full topic that after an hour I felt like throwing up...because of the eye strain/fatigue.

(Maybe you should get your eyes checked too!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
I ticked the option "send my signature" and added my signature word on this app but its not apperaring on the post!
Wildon, this has been discussed earlier in this thread -- signatures from the app have been disabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Everytime I switch to another application team bhp app closes or rather shuts down. And I lose continuity. This was not there before the update.
Hmmm. I'm not sure the update has caused this. It could be based on other factors that basically dictate how much free RAM you have on your phone. If your phone is running low on ram, it will kill the TBHP App - making you lose continuity. Maybe you have a new widget or app running that is making it cross this threshold?

I'll double check this anyway.

Thanks,
R
Old 3rd September 2011, 14:56   #225
BHPian

Actually there is enough free RAM. Only 2 apps are open. And am using Incredible S. This did not happen before the update. And multitasking works for other apps. Anyway, will wait for your investigation.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed