Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2014, 21:02   #691
Distinguished - BHPian

Does the new app not have the functionality to thank a post or view thanks of a post. Is this feature no longer there or am I missing something?IMO An upgrade should not miss useful features of the earlier version.
Old 26th January 2014, 01:29   #692
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP App for your Android Phone & Tablet

If someone could verify this:
I use the app on my android phone as well as iPad. Looks like the app does not sync posts last read. Even if I read a post on my phone, it appears unread when I pick my iPad some time later.
I did experience that crash thing, but I feel that happened when the app could not get an internet connection. (I could clearly see no network signal at both instances when it happened, someone please confirm)
Old 26th January 2014, 01:53   #693
Senior - BHPian

Friends, as with any change there will be some problems somewhere. Let's give the mods a bit of time to sort them out and instead of venting out the frustration, which I know is genuine, let's simply post all the issues with the mobile apps here so the team can sort them out fast.
Old 27th January 2014, 11:42   #694
BHPian

Well, I've observed the below on my Note 10.1 N8000 on Team-BHP's new android app. Verified the same on the browser of my note and the problem is found only in android app.

If we go to the official Team-BHP review of Honda City post no 681 on the app, the post is not visible fully in the app while it is visible fully in the browser. The post gets truncated after "The site says".

Hence, request you to look into this. Thanks.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 27th January 2014 at 11:45.
vvrchandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2014, 15:48   #695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Well, I've observed the below on my Note 10.1 N8000 on Team-BHP's new android app. Verified the same on the browser of my note and the problem is found only in android app.

If we go to the official Team-BHP review of Honda City post no 681 on the app, the post is not visible fully in the app while it is visible fully in the browser. The post gets truncated after "The site says".

Hence, request you to look into this. Thanks.
Here's the screen shot from my Note 3 which seems to be having the same problem. I think the 'less than' symbol is the one causing problem.

Team-BHP App for your Android Phone & Tablet-20140127153109.png

ps: i tried to attach the screen shot from my phone, but it didn't show up. had to transfer to my laptop to put it up here.

Last edited by IronH4WK : 27th January 2014 at 15:56.
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 07:24   #696
Distinguished - BHPian

Please provide an option to revert back to the earlier version of app. This one is not good. So many glitches and i'll rate it as not user friendly.
BoneCollector is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 07:39   #697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Please provide an option to revert back to the earlier version of app. This one is not good. So many glitches and i'll rate it as not user friendly.
I am still on the old version of the app on my second phone. The old app makes use of the screen real estate more efficiently.
The only thing that I like about the new app is the ability to zoom on the pictures.
F150 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2014, 03:55   #698
Senior - BHPian

Unable to EDIT a Post - Feature Missing ?

I am unable to EDIT a Post via the latest Tapatalk based Team-BHP Android app.

Am I missing a touch somewhere on the smartphone, or is this functionality not yet available ?

Kindly help me with a guide !
Old 30th January 2014, 07:50   #699
Senior - BHPian

Select the post and a pencil should appear at the right top corner. Click on the pencil to edit the post.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2014, 16:43   #700
Senior - BHPian

Why can't I access settings while reading a thread? If I want to change the text size I must go back all the way to the first page and only then I can access the settings.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2014, 01:57   #701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Select the post and a pencil should appear at the right top corner. Click on the pencil to edit the post.
Dont see any pencil or anything to edit the post with !!
Refer screenshot 1 and 2. The menu shows the only options that I get.

Plus, more issues to report !!

Issue 2.
Just now realised that the App is loaded with Advertisements !! Refer bottom of Screenshot 1, 2 and 3.
I guess, we (TBHP) follows a No-Ad Rule.
For a non-logged-in user, ads would pop up, but for a member who is logged in, it should not pop up.

Issue 3:
The app is not allowing me to upload an image as attachment !! Throws some security error !! Refer Screenshot 3.

Mods: Kindly advise.

Name:  Screenshot_20140131013949.png
Views: 520
Size:  78.9 KB

Name:  Screenshot_20140131014643.png
Views: 441
Size:  81.4 KB

Name:  Screenshot_20140131014359.png
Views: 523
Size:  63.5 KB

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 31st January 2014 at 02:08.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2014, 08:01   #702
Senior - BHPian

Here is the screenshot for editing the post from yesterday, I wanted to attach the picture from edit post, but attach picture is not available from edit post.
You must be trying to edit the post after the edit window of 30 mins has expired.

Yes, the app is not allowing us to upload image.We are getting error - Security Error : user doesn't have permission to this feature.

Ads have always been there in the app.I agree with you that the ads are a little intrusive in the new app. The mods can consider reducing the frame size of the ads. The current size is huge.

I am not sure if the ad in the screenshot can be called sleazy. Mods please take the call.

Please refer the screen shots.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP App for your Android Phone & Tablet-screenshot_20140130075057.png  

Team-BHP App for your Android Phone & Tablet-screenshot_20140131074447.png  

Team-BHP App for your Android Phone & Tablet-screenshot_20140131075544.png  

Last edited by F150 : 31st January 2014 at 08:10.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2014, 11:42   #703
Senior - BHPian

Finally joined the Android universe with an IdeaTab and within 30 minutes, installed the TBHP app that I've been looking forward to since quite a while now.

First impression was that of getting a long cherished dream, something that's more psychological than logical since the IE browser in my windows phone never really prevented me from doing anything using the phone. That didn't last more than a few minutes though! I've got to say I'm really disappointed with the app. On a lighter note, I'm happy to realize I didn't miss much all these days because my phone didn't have a TBHP app!

First thing I noticed was that the sorting of posts in a thread was all goofed up for me since the default setting in the app was not inline with the preferences I set in User CP (Newest first) resulting in the first and last page actually showing the first few posts in the thread. Took a while to figure out how to do that and its somewhat okay now once both settings are in sync. Even with the newest first setting for sort order, the app still takes me to the last page (which contains the oldest posts) whenever I click on a thread. I have to load the first page again every time to see the latest post. When I reply to a post, it shows up at the bottom of the first page (in the middle of the thread) and not at the top as it should. Am I missing anything here or is this a limitation?

Unavailability of 'Thanks' button was missed within a few minutes of use. I guess there are no workarounds on that one.

Last edited by zenren : 31st January 2014 at 11:46.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2014, 16:50   #704
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
There are some posts that I see on tapatalk that I am unable to see on the PC.
Could you please provide the links to these specific posts...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithiumSunset View Post
Why am I seeing three consecutive repeat posts of the same content in some of the threads?
Does the problem still persist / is it repeatable constantly for the same posts? Or does it only happen when you switch pages? Link please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
My second observation, there is a beer smiley when I go to insert smiley...
Yeah, the pictures might be showing in the order they were uploaded. I haven't checked.

Regarding the smiley, unfortunately we can't change the default Tapatalk smileys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
... I view my subscribed threads there's a post by MadTiger in the Nano Twist thread. In the subscription listing I can see he first two lines of the post.
Thanks for pointing this out. I know what the bug is. Will have it reported.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
But how am I supposed to thank any post.
+
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
"Thank" option is missing in Tapatalk App also.
The 'Thanks' feature hasn't been included in this app due to some technical reasons. We'll try to add it some time in the future.

Thanks,
R
Old 31st January 2014, 18:26   #705
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Also I am not getting push notifications of thread updates.
Unfortunately our version of the tapatalk plugin doesn't support push...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
I lost the shortcut though. Not sure how to bring it back.
In general, long press an app in your drawer, and then you should be able to drag it onto your home screen as a shortcut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
I can see only 2 lines of the content typed - this hampers the sentence formation abit.
You mean when composing/editing a post? or somewhere else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
The tapatalk app : there seem to be a few posts missing.
Can you please link to these specific posts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abes View Post
Please add a "settings" menu
+
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
yes missing settings
+
Quote:
apparently theres no settings tab
You need to open the slide-out on the index screen. Thanks to IronH4WK for this pic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
How do I make the new app open in my subscribed threads by default?
This is a universal setting for all users. I've heard a few people request the app starts on the "timeline" or "subscribed posts" instead. Lets see what the majority prefer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithiumSunset View Post
And I'm being denied permission to attach pictures (screenshots in this case) from both; the app as well as in tapatalk.
Strange. More details please? Was this when creating a thread? replying to a thread? which section? where was the image from (download, screenshot, camera?) etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
If we go to the official Team-BHP review of Honda City post no 681 on the app, the post is not visible fully
Thanks for pointing that out. Its a bug caused by the "<2". Will point it out to the developers.

Quote:
Please provide an option to revert back to the earlier version of app.
Will PM you in a bit.

cya
R
Rehaan is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks