Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2016, 21:02   #871
BHPian

@TeamBHP Mods: Please provide a 'search' button in the app.
Another needed feature is the 'New Posts' button similar to the one in website.
scorpion_blore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 16:15   #872
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP App for your Android Phone & Tablet

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Alright dudes, you got it! We'll move to Tapatalk in the start of 2014.
Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Thank you. Looking forward to it!
Quote:
Sorry for digging up an old post.

But there is still no Tapatalk support !!

GTO & Rest of the Admin Team : Still waiting for Tapatalk support
praful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2016, 16:28   #873
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
GTO & Rest of the Admin Team : Still waiting for Tapatalk support
Tapatalk isn't supporting us :(.

Would strongly recommend using the mobile skin of the forum. Open up the forum from your smartphone browser and it'll automatically display. This is what nearly all Mods use.

Mobile-friendly versions of other sections (news etc.) coming up soon .
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2016, 19:38   #874
BHPian

The other option is to close down the app and go mobile only, with an updated message board application. Vbulletin while good, xenforo offers more customization for mobile versions. When redcafe.net went this way, most of the members (including me) moaned about the lack of Tapatalk. But the fact is, tapatalk will not work with each content creator and offer that much customization. That is why mobile versions are easier to customise with site specific features, and you only need to get development done by the forum software e.g. Vb or xenforo etc

E.g. A football forum can have matchday threads with player ratings in realtime. Tapatalk will not work there. An automotive forum will have polls and for creating custom threads, same issue. Another thing is smacs integration, having one platform (website for all devices) makes more sense. We have begrudgingly started using the mobile version more
digitalnirvana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2016, 10:34   #875
BHPian

Noticed a typo on the settings>notifications page of the app.

"Send me a private message" should be "Sends me a private message"

(Can't attach screenshot from this phone.)
LithiumSunset is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 14:47   #876
BHPian

Each time I load the app, I get this error. Works fine after a few refreshes. Device is OnePlus One running on stock CM ROM.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP App for your Android Phone & Tablet-1481620612254.jpg  

prateekm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 17:13   #877
BHPian

I can't read any PMs from the android app. I have tried it on 2 phones and it doesn't work. I can't even list my PMs.

All this works on my iphone :(

Anyone else facing problems with PMs?
freedom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 11:12   #878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Each time I load the app, I get this error. Works fine after a few refreshes. Device is OnePlus One running on stock CM ROM.
I am getting exactly same message on my phone. Mine is also One plus one. Has this anything to do with newbie account which might have some restricted rights?
techcoze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 21:08   #879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
I am getting exactly same message on my phone. Mine is also One plus one. Has this anything to do with newbie account which might have some restricted rights?
Nothing to do with newbie account! This happens when somebody uses data instead of wifi to access the TBHP app.
Gokrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 10:41   #880
BHPian

@TeamBHP Mods: Please provide a 'Goto Page' link/button in the App.
Some days back while doing the research for next car started to read the "Team-BHP Official Review". The reviews of S-Cross, Honda City etc crosses more than 200 pages.
There is no way to start from where you stopped. For example if I read say 100 pages in one go, I've no option of starting from Page 101 (Yes you can do that in browser, just type in the page "http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/166376-maruti-s-cross-official-review-101.html).
It would be nice to have feature either to goto page directly or say have a book mark to resume reading.
kozhissery is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 11:27   #881
BHPian

Hello,

I would like to report something which I have noticed (not sure if it has been reported earlier or not).

The new user posting moderation rule can be bypassed if posting via Team Bhp Android App.

I am a new users and all my postings via Mobile or Desktop browser goes into moderation but I have noticed, if and when I post reply via App, it goes live directly without going through moderation.

@Moderator (please note)

Kindly delete the post, if you feel the information is security threat.

I am posting live but via desktop browser (deliberately not using mobile app this time) since I am aware (and sure) this particular post will be moderated plus, I am not aware as whom to report the same to.

Kindly do the needful as you see fit.

I would also like to point, I have not exploited this, only one single post of mine went via mobile app, and immediately I am reporting this.

Thanks.
NaXal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2017, 09:15   #882
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
I can't read any PMs from the android app. I have tried it on 2 phones and it doesn't work. I can't even list my PMs.

All this works on my iphone :(

Anyone else facing problems with PMs?
Yes, recently changed to android from iOS. Haven't been able to spool my messages ever since.

Has anyone here got a solution yet?
methecupid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2017, 10:56   #883
BHPian

i had another thing to point out. I use team bhp predominantly on my android phone. Over time i saw my storage space reducing drastically. To recover space, I did the usual cache clean, etc in vain. I decided to check the file system to understand what was taking space. I found out that team bhp app uses a directory other than the default cache directory to store all the images. The path on android is /netendoftimeandroidforumrunnerteambhp/cache. This folder contains all in-post images and doesnt get cleared when clearing cache through regular app settings. One would have to browse to this folder and select-all and delete. My last delete gave me back 4GB. It woulf be nice to move this to the default cache place so that cache clean works automatically.

I am not sure if this was reported earlier. If so pls ignore this post.
ngauravmalhotra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 15:55   #884
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

I was going to install the Team-BHP Android app. I noticed that it wanted permissions to my identity, Photos/Media/Files, Wi-Fi connection information and Device ID - Call information.

While I understand that it may require file access, would someone (probably the Mods?) let know why the app needs the permissions that it seeks?

Last edited by aah78 : 21st June 2017 at 19:11. Reason: Post moved to relevant thread.
Old 22nd June 2017, 18:00   #885
Senior - BHPian

I think there is no more support for the app. So all the issues being mentioned here might not get fixed. Best thing would be to use the mobile site. I have moved to that as well from the app as there are quite a few bugs.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed