Team-BHP - BEWARE:Sector 14 Market, Gurgaon - Vehicle theft rampant
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   BEWARE:Sector 14 Market, Gurgaon - Vehicle theft rampant (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/101022-beware-sector-14-market-gurgaon-vehicle-theft-rampant.html)

Mods - I am not sure if this is the right place or even this thread qualifies to be on team-bhp. Please decide as you deem fit.

I just wanted to inform everyone who is in Gurgaon or visits Sector 14 market to be careful. In last three weekends I have become witness to three vehicles being stolen from this market.

Sector 14 market usually see a lot of rush specially during weekends and this being close to my place, I also almost end up being there on weekends for something or the other

Since last 3 weeks, I have witnessed three cars being stolen from there between 7 and 10 in the evening. What absolutely baffles me is despite that there is no police presence in the area. I have seen same policeman turning up there after the poor owner panicked and called up police. They come take a stroll without showing any urgency or any plan what so ever. Definitely smells a rat there.

Obviously there is nothing in the news papers, likely cuplrit.. I dont think police would have evern registered a FIR. I know three cars got stolen becuase I was there when they got stolen. who knows how many more have disappeared.

Folks, be careful and if possible leave someone behind in your vehicle when you are in Sector 14, Gurgaon.

Damn thats an eye opener, I go there very often, but I have a habit of putting in gear lock.

Quote:

Originally Posted by New.Novice (Post 2348072)
I know three cars got stolen becuase I was there when they got stolen.

:D

Sec-14 market is a very busy place. If someone is able to steal cars so frequently, he must be very skilled in his profession.

That said, car theft is a menace in whole gurgaon. In fact 2yrs back thieves stole Stereo HUs from 10 cars in my street in single night. They didn't touch mine as it was a very old Casset player with no market value left.:D

It is very easy for someone to steal a car and cross over to Delhi in 10mins, to UP in 60-90mins. I heard that most of the cars stolen from NCR end up in meerut, where they are dismantled within 1hr. Many cab operators go there to procure spare parts at throwaway prices, which are otherwise very expensive at authorized dealership.

Quote:

Originally Posted by New.Novice (Post 2348072)
I know three cars got stolen becuase I was there when they got stolen.

Hey thanks for your efforts, I am sure you wanted to say "I know three cars got stolen because I was there when they were reported stolen."

I too visit this market frequently, but always have been given a ticket by the parking attendant. Now inspite of this if the cars are getting stolen, then isn't parking guy in cahoots with the thieves.

However, I use a gear lock, even inside my gated condo, so probably have been spared..

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamboj (Post 2348132)
Sec-14 market is a very busy place. If someone is able to steal cars so frequently, he must be very skilled in his profession.

A couple of them got stolen from inside the market, which means the fellow drove through that narrow lane infront of hundreds of eyes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anilisanil (Post 2348207)
Hey thanks for your efforts, I am sure you wanted to say "I know three cars got stolen because I was there when they were reported stolen."

lol.. you got the gist.. didnt you? why bother about literary value of the sentence. lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by gd1418 (Post 2348258)
I too visit this market frequently, but always have been given a ticket by the parking attendant. Now inspite of this if the cars are getting stolen, then isn't parking guy in cahoots with the thieves.

However, I use a gear lock, even inside my gated condo, so probably have been spared..

Parking ticket in sector 14 market? I've been going there for 5 years and never seen a paid parking. Hope you meant main market and not the complex where you have these ICICI, UB, Pizza Hut etc. on the main road. Which by the way does not have a paid parking anymore.

yup no parking tickets in 14 market, free for all and anywhere park kind.

Well this condition is not only in sector-14 market but similar in whole Gurgaon. And as far as Sector-14 market is concerned I hardly visit due to the crowd. Always take precautionary measures like gear locks etc. before leaving your vehicle.

Ah, Sec 14, the damn place!

It is surprising how the thefts are happening in full public view. Guess the thieves are doing some homework on the parking patterns; or are just plain lucky!

Can't really trust the cops with tracking down/maintaining vigil.

Sec 14 has quite a good residential area; wonder what the owners are doing.

Hope gear locks suffice to protect the car.

Well looks like the thieves have found a place to take advantage of.

Sec 14 market was one place which always gave me the shivers. Mainly because of the haphazard parking and high probability of getting scratches. And not to mention the amount of vehicles that are stuffed into such a small place

And what is it to do with public view. It is easier to steal in chaos than when it is isolated and more prone to suspicion. And even if it is a thief, it is not like he has it written all over him, right??? So, does anyone even notice a car is getting stolen, no way! There are several instances where I have seen people have forgotten and left their windows fully down. So even more easier for the thief to get in, hotwire it and drive away