Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2009, 14:03   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Walk down Brigade Road from Soundglitz, you'll reach Residency Road junction. Turn Left. Rhythm Musicals is 20 meters from there on the left.

thanks i know residency road - but now atleast i know where on residency road is rhythm musicals. Benson town is the one that will require a google map search !!
Old 11th April 2009, 17:08   #92
BHPian

Need some advice guys was planning on buying a acoustic guitar had been to Sardar Flute yesterday and was quoted a price of Rs 2500/- for a Indian make(brand suzake not sure though) and Rs 4000/-for some foreign brand(had a label of made in China).My query is,for a beginner is it necessary to buy the costlier one or buy the Indian make one now and upgrade later.
Old 11th April 2009, 19:15   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
Need some advice guys was planning on buying a acoustic guitar had been to Sardar Flute yesterday and was quoted a price of Rs 2500/- for a Indian make(brand suzake not sure though) and Rs 4000/-for some foreign brand(had a label of made in China).My query is,for a beginner is it necessary to buy the costlier one or buy the Indian make one now and upgrade later.
Buy a budget one. Doesnt matter Indian or Chinese. But make sure strings are little soft.
The reason why you should buy a budget one is that, after you have learnt a bit and start playing good, you will know which suits you, which one you need. There are many - F cut - Box type etc.

Start with budget one and then buy a good one later.
Old 13th April 2009, 09:37   #94
BHPian

Cheap or Expensive. Make sure the guitar tunes correctly, sounds nice and the action is not too high. A guitar which doesn't tune correctly and which is a pain to play will make you hate it. It helps if you take an expert along with you.
Old 13th April 2009, 10:07   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Make sure the guitar tunes correctly, ....
Are you saying there are guitars that do not get tuned?!

Wrong placement of frets? That's a serious manufacturing defect!
Haven't come across any such, thank God!
Old 13th April 2009, 11:06   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post

Wrong placement of frets? That's a serious manufacturing defect!
Haven't come across any such, thank God!
Yes, i have a sample one. Some of the higher (in pitch) frets are misplaced. The strings sound nice open. But beyond a particular fret, it goes off.

Old 13th April 2009, 13:30   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, i have a sample one. Some of the higher (in pitch) frets are misplaced. The strings sound nice open. But beyond a particular fret, it goes off.
Name it, Torqy! Name the brand. Such warnings are perfectly in order on a forum.
Old 13th April 2009, 13:55   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Name it, Torqy! Name the brand. Such warnings are perfectly in order on a forum.
No, its not any mass produced brand. It was a small production run by a friend. This is the only one i found with that problem....and he doesn't make guitars anymore. So, don't worry.

I just wanted to warn that its a possibility.

Old 13th April 2009, 14:05   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
No, its not any mass produced brand. It was a small production run by a friend. This is the only one i found with that problem....and he doesn't make guitars anymore. So, don't worry.

I just wanted to warn that its a possibility.
hehe, Torqy, that is what I had been meaning to ask!
In having handled hundreds of guitars I have never encountered any such!
Old 23rd March 2010, 18:14   #100
BHPian

Just so as to not let this thread die.
i just bought a schechter 006 deluxe model. needed a 6 string as you cant play everything as easily on a grx720. Now i'm a little confused about buying a new amp. has anybody used the line 6 series of amplifiers. i'm planning to pick up the line 6 75 watt spider mk iv.
all your inputs would be really helpful.
Old 23rd March 2010, 19:03   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMonSter View Post
Just so as to not let this thread die.
i just bought a schechter 006 deluxe model. needed a 6 string as you cant play everything as easily on a grx720. Now i'm a little confused about buying a new amp. has anybody used the line 6 series of amplifiers. i'm planning to pick up the line 6 75 watt spider mk iv.
all your inputs would be really helpful.

Two words. Awesome amp.
Old 24th March 2010, 08:41   #102
BHPian

If you like modelling amps I suggest you also check out the new Peavey Vypyr range and the Vox Valvetronix (they have tube pre-amp stages so sound better than any solid state amp IMO)

also lilMonSter - how is the Schecter 006?
I am looking at a Damien or an ESP EC-50. What I really wnat is a mahogany body and not too costly. 2 things that don't really go together though

Anybody has any experience of Cort guitars?
Old 24th March 2010, 23:14   #103
BHPian

The damien is a killer guitar, more for playing things with a heavier sound..just looks evil.. i love the 006 the only drawback is that it just has 22 frets and not the standard 24...but shouldnt be too much of a bother.
i had enquired about the cort, my brother plays a cort x 50 but thats not available in india. They are the ones who make guitar parts for ibanez and some other manufacturers.i played a couple of them but then just loved the feel of the 006.The neck is super thin and the 22 fret thing does not bother me much cause i have a 7string as a backup...The basic point is buying whatever your comfortable with.. i'm planning to pick up a dean vandetta next \\m// Rock on.
Old 25th May 2011, 00:48   #104
BHPian

I've used a cort acoustic guitar for a while. The sound it produced was just amazing. It was so good that I went searching all over Bangalore to buy one if them. But I couldn't get hold of one. Based on my research cort is a very reliable brand and they give you premium features at good prices. Reynolds Bangalore usually keeps a good collection of cort electric guitars. I think for under 15k they make the most VFM electrics.
Old 25th May 2011, 12:42   #105
BHPian

Re: Buying an electric guitar

Quote:
hehe, Torqy, that is what I had been meaning to ask!
In having handled hundreds of guitars I have never encountered any such!
This question is 2 YEARS late....but better late than never!
Are you a musician?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks