Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2004, 04:10   #1
BHPian

Some off topic photography session and Camera phone release:

Isnt this a marvolus job, I dont know how many of you are interested in indoor photography, but he has produced some great pictures, too bad I couldnt get this kind of setup for diecast, but dippy you might be interested in trying this with some of your fav diecasts...I dont know, i thought this was interesting..

also someone was asking about a nice digital cam for the go, I have showed some awesome cam phone after these pictures...check it out...could be your next buy, you have to have a digital cam for those spontanious car spottings..so this is a great buy in my opinion..

....and a couple of the pictures it produced last night....

=======AND NOW THE CAMERA PHONE I WAS TALKING ABOUT======

THIS IS A CDMA Phone...and I think there is a GSM phone too by Sharp(V601SH ) which is as good with 2 mega pixel resolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]

I ended up getting the AU A5403CA by Casio. It's biggest feature is it's one of the first 2 cell phones with a 2 megapixel camera.

It's also got auto-focus which I'm not sure is a good thing. It's better then fixed focus for taking different kinds of images but it's slower than fixed focus. It takes the camera about 2 seconds to focus. You can pre-focus it if you want or as they call it, auto-focus lock. It also has a macro mode.

The phone included a 16meg mini-SD card that goes inside and a mini-SD to SD adaptor. I tried it once and it worked fine in my card reader. But, the phone also came with a recharging base and that base has a USB connector and cable and also came with software for reading the pictures off the cell phone through the base. It's acutally easier than taking the mini-SD card out since that card is so small.

If that base didn't have the USB connector, buying one separate with software would have been about $70.

The phone, also has a small light to work like a flash. It's not a flash but it will light up your friend's face if you are taking a picture in a dimly light restaurant.

Here's just one completely random picture

Cheers
Old 4th March 2004, 12:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hey dude nice pics from a camera phone . Do you have a still digicam as well . If yes which one

I have a Canon A70 Powershot 32. MP

Cheers
Old 5th March 2004, 04:29   #3
BHPian

Yeah I have a still as well as digi camcorder..the still is a sony dsc-p5 i believe..I am plannin on buying one..selling this one..this is 3.2 mp but I wanna get the 6 mp+ now..

there is this fuji f610 which is only available in UK and may be the far east..awesome looks and great features..boasts a 6.3 effective mp, but with new tech its able to cature twice the amount of data and compares to a 12 mp equivalent cam..but according to a review it is equal to a approx 9 mp clarity but can compare to a low end 12 mp cam..which is awesome..so lets c

thats the one i want..probably this summer..

then there is another one - nikon coolpix 5200 which is very compact and with a 5 mp its awesome..I take a lot of snaps on vacations and stuff...so newer the better

then I like this awesomely ultra thin sony 5mp cam..it will blow you away, awesome picture quality but the only problem is low on flash..its even a 3x optical zoom which never comes out..

here is the snap..

The T1 blew me away but I take a lot of night shots so I dont know what to do..it has a flash upto may be 5-6 feet..and my current one has 9ft which falls short for me..the new ones have 15ft..which is nice..so I am still debating..

Cheers..
Old 5th March 2004, 04:33   #4
BHPian

Isnt the camera phone pic awesome for what it is..nice stuff..

until these japanese are building these fascinating electronics we will always be suprised with what all they can come up with...

Oh btw the setup was not mine..I wish I could set something up like that for my diecast to take snaps..the guy who took snaps posts all this on timezone.com...which is like this site but just all about watches..this watch he has is fhew...smart classy and everything else along with being exxxxpensiveeee

..but too bad its 15,000$$

anyhow..l8r
Old 6th March 2004, 05:20   #5
BHPian

Really awesome pics ...
that Fuji camera looks really cool. U;r right about the UK thing. Thats why i cudnt find it in any of the stores here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks