Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2011, 07:37   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Metallica in Bangalore - 30 Oct 2011: Possible TBHP Meet

Are there car parking facility in Palace Ground? Or is it advisable to park the car in a mall in MG Road/Brigade Road, and then take a cab? Rain seems to be catching up to be a spoilsport.
Old 30th October 2011, 07:45   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Are there car parking facility in Palace Ground? Or is it advisable to park the car in a mall in MG Road/Brigade Road, and then take a cab? Rain seems to be catching up to be a spoilsport.
Parking would be available, but after the concert you would have to wait a while to get the car out. Thats what i experienced last time after the Iron Maiden gig.
Old 30th October 2011, 14:19   #108
BHPian

Anyone has an extra ticket please?
Old 30th October 2011, 18:07   #109
BHPian

was there in the afternoon to collect my E-tickets, WoW, amazingly bad management. Not a single to guy to manage the crowds who were there to collect the tickets and the ticketing counters were very slow. The way the queue was moving, they should have opened the counters a couple of days early. At-least the guys manning the counters were courteous with the pressure they had.

It rained a couple of times when I was there and it was bone dry at my place. Leaving to the venue now and It's raining at my place now. Hope it's not raining at Palace grounds..

Last edited by AdityaLN : 30th October 2011 at 18:09.
Old 30th October 2011, 22:57   #110
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

How was the show guys?!

It did rain late in the evening. But I'm sure that didn't spoil the party!
Old 31st October 2011, 01:26   #111
BHPian

Was amazing...Metallica played for almost 2 hours. Loved the gig, except the poor way in which DNA had organized the event. It was a pain getting out after the show. But enjoyed Metallica every bit.
Old 31st October 2011, 01:35   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
How was the show guys?!

It did rain late in the evening. But I'm sure that didn't spoil the party!
Man, this is it. It cannot get any better. The gods have spoken and it is a pure adriline punched performance. It rained lightly, actually It accentuated the performance and made everyone feel better. Both Metallica and the crowd were awesome, at the end of the concert everyone could feel satisfaction on their faces. The Bangalore event truly mesmerised the gods themselves. Lar's said he would return to Bangalore soon. To paraphrase Hetfield "we came to India to seek transformation, and here we already feel it". Two words. Musical Nirvana.

Regarding organisers, the less said the better. DNA should be blacklisted. Pathetic arrangement, total absence of crowd management and no responsibility whatsoever. But as soon Metallica took the stage, the whole world disappeared, such was the connection between the performers and the people. Writing this at 1:30 midnight, I feel like it is still a dream. I saw Metallica live, it's surreal.

Last edited by doxinboy : 31st October 2011 at 01:37. Reason: Typo
doxinboy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st October 2011, 07:38   #113
Senior - BHPian

I have sang numerous Tallica songs with my beloved buddies for many many years in Purple Haze. Yesterday, we sang together again, with them.

Wow! What a crowd! What a weather! And What a performance by the band!

After the crowd left Metallica awestruck during 'The Memory Remains' James said, "You're beautiful Bangalore." Beautiful indeed.

I am sure they are kicking themselves for not coming to Bangalore before.

Thank You Tallica, Thank You Bangalore.

I have the video for 'The Memory Remains'. I will upload and post it here soon.
Old 31st October 2011, 10:49   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post

I have the video for 'The Memory Remains'. I will upload and post it here soon.
Wow! I missed the great gig, just couldnt make it there, and now I feel for myself.

Could anyone post the setlist? And Deetjohn - looking forward for your upload.
Old 31st October 2011, 10:59   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
Wow! I missed the great gig, just couldnt make it there, and now I feel for myself.

Could anyone post the setlist? And Deetjohn - looking forward for your upload.
Here is the setlist and some snaps from the official Metallica site

METALLICA.com | October 30, 2011 - Bangalore, India
kap04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2011, 18:41   #116
BHPian

Metallica were incredible last night. Right from the trademark start with 'The Ecstasy of Gold', right upto 'Seek and Destroy', they just played their hearts out. The best parts of the show was the Memory Remains singalong with the crowd and when they played 'One' and 'Master of Puppets' back to back. I've watched their concert DVDs but I never realized how good they were until I saw them live. James and Lars were at their very best. An night I will never forget.

As good as Metallica were, the organization of the show was shockingly poor. I stood in line for 4 hours to redeem e-tickets with an almost stampede like situation at the ticket counter. There were no information kiosks, no one to help, no crowd management and utter chaos. At 7:30pm they arbitrarily announced that e-ticket holders can simply show their tickets at the gate and enter which caused a lot of pushing and shoving with people scrambling to get in.

The rains didn't help either. Most of the entrance area resembled a mud wrestling pit. My ankle length boots saved me but a lot of the people had to walk through ankle deep slush and ooze to get in. It was sheer providence that nothing major happened and a lot of credit for this goes to the crowd at the show. They were patient, well behaved (for a metal concert) and disciplined. A more aggressive crowd would have meant disaster. Respect, Bangalore.

And yes, the organizers need to be taken to task for such mismanagement. I hope no act will ever partner with such an incompetent company.
Old 31st October 2011, 20:20   #117
Senior - BHPian

Dream comes true and that too in style! What an amazing show by the Metallica boys and the fabulous Bangalore crowd. A big cheers to all!

Completely enjoyed the show and I am sure James was indeed pleasently shocked by the amazing crowd at his concert in Bangalore after returning from a sad experience with the crowd in Delhi!

The lack of 'F' words from James surprised me a bit too

Thanks to Metallica & Thanks to Bangalore for the awesome show!
Old 31st October 2011, 21:19   #118
Senior - BHPian

Here is a video that I had taken with my phone cam! I have more waiting to be uploadad

anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2011, 22:08   #119
Senior - BHPian

Amazing performance by Metallica but a horribly organized concert. There was a ridiculous barricade at the entrance and people were literally shoving, pushing and fighting to get in. After that one had to walk through slush into another gate where there was a so called security check and then a ticket collection booth.

The slush had turned even more horrible on the way out and people were slipping and falling into it. Somehow managed to get out but it could easily have been a stampede.

One thing is for certain - I'll never go to another DNA organized show. The hassle is just too much.
Old 1st November 2011, 10:24   #120
BHPian

I just ticked one item off my bucketlist. 'See Metallica live' has been crossed off.

It couldn't get any better. Metallica live, an amazing crowd (Respect to you Bangalore!).

I'm sure they will come back. They loved us. Especially when we sang Memory Remains like that!

See you soon Metallica, and thank you so much for that surreal experience! \m/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks