Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2006, 11:08   #136
Joz
BHPian

Damn!!! Why the heck was Messi not played? The moment Roberto went out, i was hoping and praying it doesn't go to a penalty shoot out... and the rest is history. Lost 2k on Argentina yesterday . Wishing Portugal would show the Englishmen the door.
Old 1st July 2006, 11:45   #137
Senior - BHPian

Khaadu ,

I sure did try ....but ur phone was unavailable as was art of zen's ..just wanted to wish both a guys a safe journey back to your wives and kids !! As I told you , the game wasnt over in the 50th min.

But yeah - *** was going on with Argentina ? Messi dint play..Requilme Substituted... ?? And to top it the Argetntinians were **** scared when taking penalties..guess home supoprt helped Germany here big time.

Klose got a brilliant goal to get the Germans level. And Ballack sure played out of his skin.

Italy thrashed the Ukraine and Im surprised ..was expecting better things from Ukraine.

Today - Im supporting Portugal .......and Brazil ..but Im scared of the French now...
Old 1st July 2006, 13:08   #138
Jay
BHPian

Watched the Italy-Ukraine match till 70 mins of the match, 3-0 to italy ana i was damn sure that Ukraine had no chance..... so went to sleep..... it just was'nt their day...
@Khaadu: looks like which ever team you support is losing ....
I request you not to support Brazil ( i want them to win ) ...
Old 1st July 2006, 13:12   #139
F50
Senior - BHPian

Argentina another team to meet their wives and children.
Biggest match of WC '06 and sure it lived upto its name. But seriously what a match. Give Klose a golden boot, head everything.. what a goal !!!
Lehmann too, I used to hate him coz he came in place of Kahn but did awesomly well yesterday.

And for todays matches im with France and Eng vs Por will be supporting Refree. Lets see if my so called " best friend" is playing or no

P.S. Khaadu .... I tried too ...
Old 1st July 2006, 13:57   #140
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by F 50
Argentina another team to meet their wives and children.
Biggest match of WC '06 and sure it lived upto its name. But seriously what a match. Give Klose a golden boot, head everything.. what a goal !!!
Lehmann too, I used to hate him coz he came in place of Kahn but did awesomly well yesterday.

And for todays matches im with France and Eng vs Por will be supporting Refree. Lets see if my so called " best friend" is playing or no

P.S. Khaadu .... I tried too ...
Hey, I know you guys tried and I was sure you guys wud call .... Sorry , just cudnt resist a penalty kick ay my poor phone !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
khaadu: looks like which ever team you support is losing ....
I request you not to support Brazil ( i want them to win ) ...
Don't worry Jay , Im supporting Germany now , though I hope my luck continues !!
Infact went and bought a Germany team t-shirt to wear on tuesday !!

Cheers
Old 1st July 2006, 14:39   #141
BHPian

Its anybody's game when it comes to penalties kicks but i think Argentina's coach dint plan in proper way.They played better in 1st half but got defensive in 2nd and paid heavy price.Coach must have thought that one goal is sufficient for them.

Anyway i still dont think this German side is good enough to reach final or win it.Its just that they r playing at home with fantastic crowd support and their coach making some really +ve,bold and good decisions one of which is leaving out old man Kahn and playing with two strikers when most of other teams like England and france r playing with just one.

And who says Italy can only play defensive football!!They played better football than what so called attacking teams like England/hooland/portugal played so far.
Old 1st July 2006, 23:24   #142
Senior - BHPian

OOHHHH YESSSSSS - the ENGLISH are out ! yippeeeeeeeee what a match again..Potugal held their nerve well...Rooney could not.....But hats off to England the way they held on with 10 men ...and even created chances ..only if they had a better striker than Mr CROUCH.....

Now Im waiting for Brazil to win..so that they come up against their former coach Scolari....... yummmy ...this World cup is now warming up beautifully...

btw - AARON LENNON is the next superstar from England...what a player ...gosh !!

Last edited by normally_crazy : 1st July 2006 at 23:26.
Old 1st July 2006, 23:29   #143
Senior - BHPian

All credit goes to Ricardo for Portugal's win today!
Old 1st July 2006, 23:32   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite
All credit goes to Ricardo for Portugal's win today!
Spot on - he was so damn cool and collected under pressure - saving penalties in front of the huge English contingent ...
Old 1st July 2006, 23:37   #145
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
OOHHHH YESSSSSS - the ENGLISH are out ! yippeeeeeeeee what a match again..

!!
Finally .... finally a team that I support does win !! Do you think they might cause an upset and win teh final , or am I asking for too much ?? Its time the world has a new Champion ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
btw - AARON LENNON is the next superstar from England...what a player ...gosh
I cudn't agree with you more ... and here I thought Messi and Tavez were amazing and the next talents to watch out for but this dude WAS HOT ....

GO BRAZIL GO ...

Cheers
Old 1st July 2006, 23:50   #146
F50
Senior - BHPian

I said i'll be supporting Refree in Eng vs Por but heart went out for England. Did extremely well to defend for almost an hour on 10 men army.
And as far as my best friend goes Crouch he was lurking around in mid-field and defence area as he had no option. If it had been England and France hold up Brazil it would have been the World War scenario but the semis between the Allies and then the World War. Anyways thats over now.

Hope France do something magical which is highly unlikely.
I dont belive much in history but Brazil has never beaten France?

Last edited by F50 : 1st July 2006 at 23:52.
Old 2nd July 2006, 00:25   #147
Senior - BHPian

I am still not able to recover from the shocking defeat of Argentina.
Man, we need to find some alternate way to Penalties! How about a re-match next day? FIFA, are u listening?
Am glad that my other two favorite teams have reached Semis - Italy and Portugal. Hope they can make it to the finals. Germany should lose in Semis at any cost!
Old 2nd July 2006, 01:34   #148
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by F 50
Brazil has never beaten France?
F50, Go back in history and you will notice that Brazil beat France in 1958 and next in 2006 !!

Cheers
Old 2nd July 2006, 01:42   #149

am dissappointed after watching the first half between Brazil and france .
brazilians are unable to find the rythm in the fisrt half .France played well .
Wish Brazil could win this one .
Old 2nd July 2006, 01:48   #150
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin Diesel
am dissappointed after watching the first half between Brazil and france .
brazilians are unable to find the rythm in the fisrt half .France played well .
Wish Brazil could win this one .
.. Brazil down 1-0 !!!

Thiery does the magic ...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks