Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2008, 12:01   #406
Team-BHP Support

Congrats to Man Utd for adding yet another feather to their cap.
Its was sweet revenge when Chelsea could only manage a draw.

That Ryan Giggs scored the deciding goal was only befitting to a player of his calibre.
Looking forward to the Champions League final now.
Old 12th May 2008, 12:17   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
That Ryan Giggs scored the deciding goal was only befitting to a player of his calibre.
Absolutely, just reward for a great professional. He deserved it more than anyone else. It shows you, nice men don't always come last. God has a way of rewarding them as well.

The past couple of months have been pretty traumatic for both Giggsy and Scholsey. People have been after their lives, calling for them to be put away on the back burner. My word, have the things changed for the better for them. First Scholsey puts a rocket past Barca and now Giggsy gets the goal for the title. Before that goal, Wigan were in the game, and it just takes one stupid mistake or a stroke of bad luck to concede.
Old 12th May 2008, 12:46   #408
Team-BHP Support

Scholes however needs to time his tackles well, he barely escaped what should have been a sending off for his second offence.
Old 12th May 2008, 13:19   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Scholes however needs to time his tackles well, he barely escaped what should have been a sending off for his second offence.
He won't learn that even if he played for another 20 years.
Old 12th May 2008, 13:42   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Thats his Achilles heel for ages and like nkapoor said, its hard to come by at this stage in his career. To put it simple, he is a awful at tackles. But who is complaining. The guy has scored some scorchers all his life and he did that to Barca in the semis.
Old 12th May 2008, 14:47   #411
BHPian

It's a pity that England haven't qualified for the Euro 2008.
Most of Man U won't be there.

June 7th Kick off, waiting eagerly.
Old 12th May 2008, 16:01   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayurpalav View Post
Most of Man U won't be there.

June 7th Kick off, waiting eagerly.
True. But lets hold our horses till the Champions League Finale! And then we can start discussing the Euro 2008.

Can we have a poll for the Champions League Final? ManU v Chelsea. The first bout won by ManU by clinching the Premiership. Can they do the double and rob Chelsea of their only chance of laying their hands on a trophy this season? Can't wait for 21st may. Tune into Ten Sports at 11:30 pm for live action.
Old 12th May 2008, 16:16   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, it is very baffling!
Though EPL has so many talented and promising English players, they fail to click when they play together for their national team!
Old 12th May 2008, 16:44   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Yes, it is very baffling!
Though EPL has so many talented and promising English players, they fail to click when they play together for their national team!
The problem with the English team has been managing a bunch of talented players. The manager is responsible for this job and Sven Goran Erikkson and Steve McLaren both failed to do the job.

Another problem that has troubled them is how to fit in Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard in the same team. Both have similar style of play, attacking. In Owen Hargreaves they have an excellent holding midfielder, but if he is injured they would struggle in that department.

A lone striker in Rooney was also not working for them and the other strikers that have shown promise have faded away slowly but surely. Michael Owen is injury prone and is a manager's nightmare because of that!

Lets hope Scolari can turn things around for the English team for the WC 2010. They are long overdue for a big one since winning the WC back in '66.
Old 12th May 2008, 17:12   #415
BHPian

I feel the problem with English players lies in the fact that almost all of them play for an English Club.

I am not debating the fact that the EPL is the best league in Europe.

But somehow I feel exposure in other countries makes you understand the nuances better.
Old 12th May 2008, 20:48   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
Lets hope Scolari can turn things around for the English team for the WC 2010.

Quote:
I feel the problem with English players lies in the fact that almost all of them play for an English Club.

I am not debating the fact that the EPL is the best league in Europe.

But somehow I feel exposure in other countries makes you understand the nuances better.
Hey mayur, the problem is very simple. You need to play as a team to win anything. The England team under Steve McLaren was just a assembly of star players and no more. He was afraid to take tough decisions and cared too much about player's reputations.

I hope Capello can do better. Its not all bad with England missing out on Euro 2008, I tell you. At least the English contingent in the United team would be a lot fresher after such a long and hard season.
Old 13th May 2008, 09:26   #417
BHPian

Oops! I am sorry mate. I meant Capello and not Scolari. My bad!

Capello has worked wonders with club teams. Remains to be seen how well he can organize the English national team.
Old 13th May 2008, 12:17   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post

Hey mayur, the problem is very simple. You need to play as a team to win anything (I completely agree).

The England team under Steve McLaren was just a assembly of star players and no more. He was afraid to take tough decisions and cared too much about player's reputations.
(In my opinion, McLaren was the best that they could get)

I hope Capello (I have my doubts about him) can do better.
Its not all bad with England missing out on Euro 2008, I tell you.
(You should say that to all the die-hard English fans ).

At least the English contingent in the United team would be a lot fresher after such a long and hard season.
(It'll be really nice for C. Ronaldo to share his Euro 2008 experience with his Man U team mates )(
I am in no way trying to degrade the English, but it's really really sad to see that a team with so much potential not making it to the continent's major competition. The talent is definitely visible, I am sceptical about the temperament though. There is definitely a thought in my head, Why doesn't the FA hire, Sir Alex Fergusson as the English coach ? He has the required experience, is a hit amongst players and will probably be handling most of his wards at Man U !!. Beats me....

And finally,In my opinion - To represent your country at ANY international meet/tournament is a bigger high than representing your club in the final of the Champions league.
Old 13th May 2008, 13:31   #419
Senior - BHPian

Poll added for the Champions League, I feel Man-U should put it across to Chelsea.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 13th May 2008 at 13:33.
Old 13th May 2008, 13:36   #420
Senior - BHPian

Not letting me vote since I voted on the earlier one. I'll go with my heart this time - I hope Chelsea can put it across to ManU nice & proper

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks