Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2008, 23:19   #451
BHPian

Here's my thoughts on the weekend

United( there's only one "United"):
Will return to their regular XI for the next few games just to get back the groove of winning.If only Tevez was in a different team, he would get the respect and admiration he deserves.Not playing him today was red nose's biggest mistake.Rooney+Berbatov should be the strikers that play off just behind him.Rooney seems like he's doing an " Alan Smith in his United days" kinda role and its scary that he'll lose the plot of being special every game.Whats he doing pegging back and defending? If you loose a goal, so be it and blame it on defence!!

Chelsea:
There is no catching them this season. Ballack comes off the subs list to replace an injured Deco!!!.Thats says it all basically, their squad quality(forget the depth) is just too immense this season.Essien is still to figure even.Scolari's effect is going to make then enjoy their football and that is the most dangerous aspect to this team.

Arsenal :
This is my team and im currently happy with whats going on. 3 away games out of the 5 and 2 in the north.The schedule fixers must have been on Arsenal's pay roll when writing the dates cause we played the 2 most physical teams(away) at beginning of the season and come away with 6 points.FANTASTIC!!!!.Walcott must have drowned in a pool full of redbull coz he's just flying at the moment.Any more praises would have to wait till Jan.

Liverpool :
Good and dull results,Stoke was just a blip and very soon Torres will start bailing them out of draws.Benitez just likes to spend spend spend!!!,eg:Keane.Rest of the new buys are very good but im afraid i feel that this season will be Carra's time to prove that he'll either foul players or commit suicidal mistakes like hyppia in his final yrs. he's only 30 but i still feel this way. They will beat all 3 top teams at home and that will be the highlight of their season.

City
will not compete for honours this season unless they get a foreign manager.They will now buy all foreign superstars and will be stuck at being instructed to play 4-4-2!.Good results will come against unorganised teams only.

Villains
I'm hoping O'neal doesnt become a legend and starts falling in love with this club cause he's bloody good and i want to see him at Arsenal when Wenger leaves!!!.He's not tinkered with the team much ever since he's arrived and they always play wonderful football.Shows what a good manager can do to get results.Friedel was an inspired purchase to get even better results this season.I like them.

Spurs :
cheers:. Rule says i can only use 3 emotes in each post . Damn!!. i'll just quote a line i read online and ended up in splits."A fork has more points than the Lilywhites at the moment".The best part is i read that line mid week and it still holds true after the weekend's game!.Classic Gooner Moment

On a serious note,What was the management thinking when they sold their best player/s? Last season they were touted as the team to break into top four. Well, its all history now.How can one sell both Keane and Berbatov and expect to be taken seriously?If Juande wasnt foreign, he would have known the media would back him like Keegan and im sure he would walk out as well!! Poor Chap.
Old 22nd September 2008, 08:53   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Here's my thoughts on the weekend

City
will not compete for honours this season unless they get a foreign manager.They will now buy all foreign superstars and will be stuck at being instructed to play 4-4-2!.Good results will come against unorganised teams only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
Man City are riding on the cash wave. On their day they are going to produce entertaining football, but it is a little early to say that they are title contenders. It takes time to start performing as a consistent unit, week after week. Cannot wait for the Manchester derby!
True, it will be some way before City become a real worthy team. Maybe Jan transfers and next season will be a much better phase for them. This season they dont have a chance at tittle, but they still can afford to be the new chelsea next season. though I cant imagine the new money not bringing in a big name manager, IMO Hughes will not fit into the moneyman's plans. I am sure they dint buy robinho to sell him next year (like west ham and tevez), so there will be more from them in winter and next summer transfer window.

Tottenham are in tatters right now. Ramos might be on borrowed time now and two more drwas might seal it for him. He does seem to be less expensive version of Rafa.
Old 10th December 2008, 16:06   #453
BHPian

Bump! No action on this thread for so long!

Ok, one of the best piece news in a long time: Schuster has been schooed away at Real Madrid. He deserved that for making all those stupid comments about getting Ronaldo to Madrid. He really unsettled his own squad and their preparations for this season and look at the troubles Madrid has been in ever since. It lead Robinho to join City and he basically lost control of the dressing room.

Any one to take a wager on when Calderon and Mijatovic follow Schuster?

Last edited by nkapoor777 : 10th December 2008 at 16:08.
Old 5th May 2009, 17:46   #454
BHPian

Bump Bump Bump!

Guys, where is everyone. Now as the season is drawing to the Grand Finale, we have no conversation on the most followed sport(after cricket in India).

Today its the great semis of UEFA CL.

Arsenal Vs Man Utd. Utd have a good team & 1-0 up on aggregate. But, i believe Arsenal will scrape through. Being optimistic.

Gunner for life!

Come on guys bring this thread to life
Old 5th May 2009, 20:00   #455
Team-BHP Support

Varun, what time is the match, and on which channel?
Old 5th May 2009, 20:04   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Varun, what time is the match, and on which channel?
12.15 a.m. Should be on Ten Sports...unless they become the jerks they sometimes become and broadcast old cricket matches
Old 5th May 2009, 20:15   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f450 View Post
12.15 a.m. Should be on Ten Sports...unless they become the jerks they sometimes become and broadcast old cricket matches
Nah! They would definitely broadcast the match at 12:15. Usually they do! Unless Ten Sports has been stripped off the rights.(Gosh! it should happen)

OT: I remember during round robin matches when there were 8 matches daily, they used to broadcast 2 live matches, one on Ten & other on Zee sports. The idiot commentator on Zee Sports(used to be an indian, sitting in india) didn't even knew the player's names!

Also, the FA Cup matches which were on Sony Pix were the most frivolous of the lot. During half time interval, they didn;t had any advertisements & just used to keep a panoramic view of the stadium & once they didn;t even broadcast one match as Basic Instinct was running!
Old 5th May 2009, 22:18   #458
Senior - BHPian

varun.ppl,

All the best

Din't know that such a thread existed. And yes the match is on Ten and pre-match nonsense starts at 11.30. Have to say the pre-match programme is awful and atrocious combined into one!
Old 6th May 2009, 01:24   #459
BHPian

arsenal is doomed united have scored 2 goals in first half thank to errors by arsenal. arsenal can only win now if they win by 4-2. 53 min of game have past and arsenal dont look like scoring a single goal let alone 4. united is going to rome
Old 6th May 2009, 02:09   #460
Senior - BHPian

And yes.. the roads now lead to Rome!

The 3rd goal was one of THE best team-goals I've seen in a while this season!
Old 6th May 2009, 07:07   #461
BHPian

Congos to the Utd for playing beautiful football. They deserve it
Old 6th May 2009, 15:42   #462
BHPian

so whats the bet for tonight chelsea or barcelona
Old 6th May 2009, 19:11   #463
Senior - BHPian

Barcelona seems to be in supreme form. The way the decimated Real Madrid at The Bernabeu was a treat to watch for all Barcelona Fans like me.

But English clubs are totally different plus barcelona would be missing 2 main defenders, Pyuol and Marques, hence not much in defence left for them.

But I still feel Barcelona to win as they have enough arsenal in the forward line to score +1 goal to whatever they concede.

Whatever happens, its a treat to watch Messi/ Eto play.
Old 6th May 2009, 19:13   #464
Senior - BHPian

As a die-hard RM fan, it hurts to say that beating Real Madrid (at home or away) is no longer a big deal. When Pool can pump 4, Barca were very well expected to humiliate them at the Bernebau.

Coming back to tonight's match, we'd beaten both Barca (SF) and Chelsea (F) last year. So the opponent doesn't really matter lol. But yes, Chelsea is the easier lot
Old 6th May 2009, 21:33   #465
BHPian

ManU deserved to go forth, before accepting trophies last year Giggs said "lets do it again" and it seems they might just do it.

Looking forward to tonight

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks