Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2011, 20:41   #1021
BHPian

Re: The Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Wonder what excuses will crop up now!
No Vidic, Scholes and Neville retired, Horrible weather in Manchester, All city players were on drugs.

Last edited by figo_united : 23rd October 2011 at 20:43.
Old 23rd October 2011, 20:58   #1022
BHPian

Shout OUT to all United fans..Guess you guys are having a great evening!!
Old 23rd October 2011, 21:16   #1023
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Walcott as usual - had the pace but just runs into defenders. Gervinho - Keep on playing like that mate!!!
IMHO, Walcott is the most overrated player for Arsenal (or maybe in the whole BPL). I always feel that he is all pace and no substance. Wenger should try to offload him get some cash while he remains as a first team player. And yes, Gervinho looks promising, and I am pretty impressed with Ramsey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
No Vidic, Scholes and Neville retired, Horrible weather in Manchester, All city players were on drugs.
Good one!
Old 23rd October 2011, 21:23   #1024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
Hahaha, good one!
Old 23rd October 2011, 21:29   #1025
BHPian

Good to see so many feeling happy about the game. I know it is early into the season but I would put my money on Man City to win the league. I guess SAF will do some good amount of business this January. Chelsea seem to be good but not consistent. They are really struggling against QPR right now. 1 goal down, Drogba and Bosingwa given red cards. BTW Tottenham have won against Blackburn - Vander Vart scoring both the goals for Spurs. This was indeed a Super Sunday!

Here is one analysis of the match: http://www.zonalmarking.net/2011/10/...-city-tactics/

Last edited by Saanil : 23rd October 2011 at 21:42.
Old 24th October 2011, 10:02   #1026
BHPian

Has any one noticed, Levante have gone a point clear of Real Madrid and two from Barcelona in LA LIGA. They were hanging in there with Barca till now. They have already beaten Madrid. It might be difficult to continue but pretty amazing for a small club.
Old 24th October 2011, 12:17   #1027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaLN View Post
Has any one noticed, Levante have gone a point clear of Real Madrid and two from Barcelona in LA LIGA. They were hanging in there with Barca till now. They have already beaten Madrid. It might be difficult to continue but pretty amazing for a small club.
wow! great story that! Hope their run continues!
I saw the barca-sevilla match and the sevilla keeper had the game of his life!
Made awesome saves throughout the match, including an injury time penalty by messi
Old 25th October 2011, 14:45   #1028
BHPian

United getting dismantled at Old Trafford

Nice to see them defeated convincingly. !!
Old 27th October 2011, 21:23   #1029
BHPian

Guys I just wanted to know if anyone here has any information about professional football courses. I am not talking about playing football but I am talking about Sports management courses. I was searching the other day about such courses and some UK universities had such courses but not sure about the quality of the courses/university. I ask this because I was wondering is it possible to build a career in football – not on field but off field. Football is one thing which I am passionate about and wanted to know if I can do something more concrete in this field apart from watching games every weekend. Is it like only those who have played football can manage football too? People say you should always do things you are passionate about. I would like to know from football fans here about their opinions on this thing.
Old 27th October 2011, 22:36   #1030
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys I just wanted to know if anyone here has any information about professional football courses. I am not talking about playing football but I am talking about Sports management courses. I was searching the other day about such courses and some UK universities had such courses but not sure about the quality of the courses/university. I ask this because I was wondering is it possible to build a career in football – not on field but off field. Football is one thing which I am passionate about and wanted to know if I can do something more concrete in this field apart from watching games every weekend. Is it like only those who have played football can manage football too? People say you should always do things you are passionate about. I would like to know from football fans here about their opinions on this thing.
Agree on the part about following your passion. But also think, is there money to be made in it? Football management in India? Not sure about that!
Old 27th October 2011, 22:48   #1031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
People say you should always do things you are passionate about.

Don't believe the hype. Follow your passion outside of your work or you might ruin both. Not saying that always happens but always likely.
Old 27th October 2011, 23:23   #1032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Agree on the part about following your passion. But also think, is there money to be made in it? Football management in India? Not sure about that!
Ofcourse not in India! I mean I would like to pursue this further in a place where Football is the main sport. Football in India is at a nascent stage. I was just curious about this career option as nobody seems to talk about it.
I thought that even this might be an option and wanted to know if there really are any such options! Ofcourse livelihood also matters! You have to earn money for home/food/clothes and this field does not seem to be that attractive I suppose

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
Don't believe the hype. Follow your passion outside of your work or you might ruin both. Not saying that always happens but always likely.
That is the problem. Right now I am spending 5 days of the week in the office (9am to 9.30 pm). Obviously I do not get time to do anything else on weekdays. On weekends there is always something to be done, family work etc. But I always manage my time so that atleast I can see all the football matches. It is not that I hate my job but I get scared when I think I will have to do this for the rest of my life! I think I am getting too worried about future.

Last edited by Saanil : 27th October 2011 at 23:24.
Old 28th October 2011, 20:10   #1033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is not that I hate my job but I get scared when I think I will have to do this for the rest of my life! I think I am getting too worried about future.
Probably. Let me tell you a story.

A bank analyst () woke up every day to see his neighbor who was a photographer visiting amazing locations, being gone for days for shoots, making his morning nature walks and then sleeping in afternoon etc. He wished he could be like that. Master of his own life and schedule.

While the neighbor thought I would kill to be a 9-5 guy. He had to work strange hours. When he went to laddakh his focus was on getting perfect light and settings, he could never enjoy life thru his own eyes.

Seriously, many in your age group would kill for the kind of job you have. Why are you scared for doing it for the rest of your life? Apart from the fact that 12.5 hrs a day is a recipe for burnout, in which case you need another job, not entirely new career.
Old 28th October 2011, 22:55   #1034
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ofcourse not in India! I mean I would like to pursue this further in a place where Football is the main sport. Football in India is at a nascent stage. I was just curious about this career option as nobody seems to talk about it.
I thought that even this might be an option and wanted to know if there really are any such options! Ofcourse livelihood also matters! You have to earn money for home/food/clothes and this field does not seem to be that attractive I suppose

That is the problem. Right now I am spending 5 days of the week in the office (9am to 9.30 pm). Obviously I do not get time to do anything else on weekdays. On weekends there is always something to be done, family work etc. But I always manage my time so that atleast I can see all the football matches. It is not that I hate my job but I get scared when I think I will have to do this for the rest of my life! I think I am getting too worried about future.
Dude remember this - it takes b***s to follow your dreams too. And trust me, you can make it a career too. No offense to vivekiny2k there but please! Don't ask someone to become comfortable.
Old 29th October 2011, 10:49   #1035
BHPian

United were destroyed on home turf by City. But that is not the end of the world. The season has just begun and one bad game may result in City collapse as they lack the experience in this position.

Chelsea's loss at QPR was equally shocking. They had good chance to get to second position. But they were pathetic and erratic. They managed to get 7-Yellow cards & 2- Reds in a single game. Now, that is something! Without Torres their attack had no teeth. Drogba was great in his days but he is almost finished now. There is need to get rid of golden oldies, like - Lampard and Drogba. They can be used as substitutes. Anelka doesn't have striker's mentality. Malouda, Mikel and Kalou are not consistent. Essien is injured. Chelsea need to rebuild and rebuild fast.

Additions of Torres, Mata, Meirless, Lukaku, Romeu, Courtois and Luiz are amazing. Sturridge & McEchran have great potential. These players will be the future of Chelsea. However (like United), Chelsea needs one CAM in their ranks who can marshal the midfield. Modric would have been a great-great buy. Will they go for him again in Jan transfer window?

Quote:
Guys I just wanted to know if anyone here has any information about professional football courses.
Manchester university has an MBA in football management, I guess. Check it out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks