Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2012, 12:25   #1081
naughty001

Re: The Football Thread

Quote:
BTW I missed the City-Spurs match - How was it? All the goals came in the 2nd half. Must have been a thrilling match.
it was thrilling indeed but what stood out for me was the attempted stamp by Mario Ballotelli on Scott Parkers head. The player could have been seriously injured or maimed and IMHO i reckon Balotelli needs to be banned for a few games to be taught a lesson

and the second thing that stood out was the fact that Joleon Lescott punched Younes Kaboul and this also went unnoticed by the match officials. I certainly hope that both actions receive retrospective punishment because they are harmful to the wellbeing of other players which is not a good thing at all

City players are all becoming more petulant than any other team in the premier league in fact as a United fan i hated it when Ronaldo used to throw his strops and i even hated it when Wayne Rooney did stupid things like hitting the opponent on the head way after the ball had passed him or even kicking out at opposing player in frustration. If any player is guilty of infringements then they must be punished and the Balotelli one was very dangerous because of the proximity of the boot studs to the opposing players head (Parker could easily have been killed if contact was made as intended) and its outrageous and a thing that no-one can defend

Old 30th January 2012, 13:31   #1082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughty001 View Post
Balotelli needs to be banned for a few games to be taught a lesson
Balotelli banned for 4 matches...City were very lucky to win the match. Cheats.
Old 11th March 2012, 22:10   #1083
BHPian

United, Top of the League.

What a great weekend
Marlon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 11:59   #1084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
United, Top of the League.

What a great weekend
United were average in the game. We can pass ball into the box alright but
After I saw the city line-up the killer finish is still missing

After I saw the City line-up, I knew that they were going to play bad. Savic!! I mean really?
Full credit to Swansea though.
Old 12th March 2012, 14:26   #1085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
United were average in the game. We can pass ball into the box alright but
After I saw the city line-up the killer finish is still missing

After I saw the City line-up, I knew that they were going to play bad. Savic!! I mean really?
Full credit to Swansea though.
Agree with the City Line. After a long time Manchini was playing 3 CMs. This was the problem last year. So far this year he played 4 attacking players with 2 CMs and it paid dividend.

United had its share of luck and were average. But they picked up the momentum late in the second half. Should have had couple of more goals.

From now on , it will be ManU's title to loose. City have got a couple of difficult games in the next 4 weeks. Hope the loose them.
Old 26th April 2012, 03:13   #1086
Mik
BHPian

Some real football happened on the planet today.
Bayern Vs Real -- What a match!
Old 26th April 2012, 07:01   #1087
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
Some real football happened on the planet today.
Bayern Vs Real -- What a match!
Indeed! Stark contrast from the other semi-final, FCB – Chelsea.
That said, I enjoyed the 1st semi – just because of the effort from Chelsea to stay alive, that too with 10 men
Old 26th April 2012, 13:22   #1088
Senior - BHPian

Bayern Real game was really too good. Some great football, and the inevitable result in the penalty shoortout (you cant beat Germans in Penalties).

Any match involving Barca is a borefest only (unless the other team surrenders and lets Barca kill them). With the style they have evolved, it means that there is no team on earth that can stop them from having 70% of the ball time. Even in the last clasico when Real beat them, Barca had majority of possession. But I think now teams have understood that its best to just defend in numbers and attack Barca on the counter (as they are weak at back and have a joke of a goalie.) This is a watershed year for football. Barca - supposedly best team ever - without any major honors. Real - the most expensively assembled club side - also not making it to CL final! Chelsea - 6th in PL having fired their manager - beat Barca to reach CL final. Amazing!
Old 30th April 2012, 15:00   #1089
BHPian

So, Torres is back in the form! Well done! Chelsea is recovering greatly under Matteo!
Old 30th April 2012, 15:40   #1090
BHPian

Anybody saw the Luis Saurez's 3rd goal againt Norwich?
It was a beauty. Luis got a hatrick too.
Old 1st May 2012, 10:14   #1091
Senior - BHPian

Well Well!

A day of movements in English football. I am very happy to see Arsenal proactive in the market. It will take good activity in the market to retain Robin. Happy with the first move. Welcome Lukas!

And we are guaranteed a nail biting finish for the season. I don't think its all over for MUFC. Anything can happen in 2 games.
Old 1st May 2012, 10:35   #1092
BHPian

Quote:
A day of movements in English football. I am very happy to see Arsenal proactive in the market. It will take good activity in the market to retain Robin. Happy with the first move. Welcome Lukas!
dj: I personally dont think Lukas is going to make a big difference; he has hardly made any much difference in the ongoing Bundesliga for FC. Players that could make an impact from the time of their arrival for eg: CR, are needed but AW will not / never spend that kind of money.

The player from BL whom I would welcome is Bastian Schweinsteiger (MF) - absolutely imposing! Dont know much if M'Vila signs up for us!

Fingers crossed - its time we do something next season; and looking at the PL - the two players going to MC (Nasri & Clichy) will win the coveted silverware....DAMN!
Old 1st May 2012, 16:15   #1093
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
dj: I personally dont think Lukas is going to make a big difference; he has hardly made any much difference in the ongoing Bundesliga for FC.
Henry was not really setting the charts on fire at Juve, was he? Same with Bergkamp at Inter. But then, there is Park, Reyes etc on the other side as well.

So, I guess we will need wait for the next season to really know what kind of impact Lukas brings.

I hope this is a statement of intent from AFC for the next season and more are to follow.
Old 13th May 2012, 21:38   #1094
Team-BHP Support

Unbelievable last five minutes at the Etihad stadium! Not a fan of Man. City, but good to see the blue half of Manchester celebrating. Well done Macini...
Old 13th May 2012, 21:46   #1095
BHPian

Single handedly the greatest finale of the Premier League ever.

Most Viewed