Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2012, 07:33   #1141
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Football Thread

Awful start for Liverpool. Steve Clarke’s inside experience with Liverpool really helped Baggies. Interesting to see how Liverpool tackles Man. City next weekend.

Newcastle continued their excellent form from last year.
Old 19th August 2012, 20:09   #1142
BHPian

hey! a football thread and I need to contribute , am a gooner and the news is that we are getting Nuri Sahin on a loan deal , I am very much convinced we have a very strong team compared to last year ,

Arsenal does it again

Last edited by GTO : 20th August 2012 at 14:01. Reason: Typo
Old 19th August 2012, 22:20   #1143
Senior - BHPian

rumors all around that man utd are signing Kaka from real madrid!!!

What a signing that could be! Fergie has gone mental. So many attacking options!!! Are we planning 6-4 type scorelines in this season!
Old 19th August 2012, 22:48   #1144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippu View Post
hey! a football thread and I need to contribute , am a gooner and the news is that we are getting Nuri Sahin on a loan deal , I am very much convinced we have a very strong team compared to last year ,

Arsene does it again
Comedy of errors: Thought you had mistyped gunner as gooner. Googled it and realised the difference and my stupid mistake.

Then again thought that you mistyped arsenal as arsene, only to realise my error later.

One of those embarrassing moments . Guess Arsenal is not one of my favourite clubs.
Old 19th August 2012, 22:52   #1145
BHPian

hahaha hilarious drmohitg

Arsene managing arsenal is a match made in the heavens!, It really wont and cannot get better than that
Old 19th August 2012, 22:54   #1146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippu View Post
hahaha hilarious drmohitg

Arsene managing arsenal is a match made in the heavens!, It really wont and cannot get better than that
Haha seriously this should go under the joke's thread. I always knew him as arsene wenger. But never stuck me while reading the post. The gooner part was a revelation though.
Old 20th August 2012, 08:01   #1147
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
rumors all around that man utd are signing Kaka from real madrid!!!

What a signing that could be! Fergie has gone mental. So many attacking options!!! Are we planning 6-4 type scorelines in this season!
Oh wow! For me, that will be an even bigger signing than RVP. I do feel that Man U is going to get one more high profile player before the month ends.

Talking about La Liga, Real started the campaign with a draw against Valencia.
Old 20th August 2012, 08:58   #1148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Oh wow! For me, that will be an even bigger signing than RVP. I do feel that Man U is going to get one more high profile player before the month ends.

Talking about La Liga, Real started the campaign with a draw against Valencia.
The funny thing is, the entire man utd defence is holidaying in the sickbay with the exception of the captain Vidic who has himself just returned from a long term injury and might not be match fit.

But instead of focusing on defence Fergie is busy buying attacking players. We are going to play only midfielders and strikers in front of de Gea this season!!!
Old 20th August 2012, 09:54   #1149
BHPian

I guess Fergie trusts his new young breed of defenders to get the job done for the team of the future.. I had sided with fergie when he didnt get any good midfielders last year when we had Pogba. I fail to see what fergie magik is gonna help us around this year!!
I see a touch of Real Madrid of old in the way United are shaping up this season. "Go buy all the attackers you want, the defenders can line up as a wall in front of the goal for all we care!! "

GGMU
Old 22nd August 2012, 08:22   #1150
Senior - BHPian

Very interesting scorelines from the first weekend of football. I wonder what the little boy inside a grown man is thinking.

Arsenal found it very tough to crack the resolute Sunderland defense. The guys clearly need more playing time together. Fingers crossed on the arrival of a midfielder.
Old 22nd August 2012, 11:48   #1151
BHPian

Nuri Sahin could be a good signing; but havent seen him play or dont remember him playing and doing extra ordinary stuff at Real Madrid! Also hearing reports on Santos probably getting a sentence for 2 months and then he too could be out likewise M'Villa rumours too have made headlines over the past 2 days.

I personally feel we would need another out an out striker like RvP (Llorient) and one to cover the back with Kosh, Verm and Merta.

Anyways am a gobbler of any news on gooners who will fingers crossed gun down every opposition like the class of 2005 (the invicibles)...go for it gunners!

cheers
Old 22nd August 2012, 20:18   #1152
Distinguished - BHPian

Hasn't Kaka been on the sidelines and plagued with injuries off late? I am not sure how good would he for ManU.
Old 22nd August 2012, 22:28   #1153
Senior - BHPian

Did India beat Syria today? I watched till 85 minutes, when India was leading 2-0. Then my wife came and snatched the remote to watch her stupid serial.
Old 27th August 2012, 08:19   #1154
BHPian

Isnt it that we need a out an out striker!
Yesterday's game clearly showed what RvP got to us. No Gervinho no Diaby, no Ramsey can match anything that the team could produce last season.

Giroud is still a question mark! All I saw of him was looking at the bench, fellow players and raising his hands up; never remember once RvP doing that. It shows that either it will take him time to adapt to the rigours of EPL or we will have another Chamakh in the offing :(

Only - Lukas (amazing run ins almost like a bull) , Theo & Ox (whatever time they got) and Santi stood out from the crowd; else it looked like a herd and I dont see us doing anything spectacular in this years Champions League and Premier League is out of question. Unless we have a out and out striker to fill RvP's shoes....the confidence is completely amiss

On second thoughts....what was it that made me a gooner! I wonder
Old 27th August 2012, 19:40   #1155
Team-BHP Support

Liverpool was brilliant yesterday against Man City, except for that horrible back pass which gifted the equaliser via Tevez. Huge positives in the form of Allen, Sterling, and even Coates did pretty well. Hope Arsenal will continue their goalless streak next week as well :-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks