Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2013, 23:05   #1291
BHPian

Re: The Football Thread

A well deserved win for ManUtd as well against Villa. Wasn't so hopeful ever since Robin Van Persie got sidelined due to injury. But now the title race is wide open, even Everton have a chance to get their hands on the trophy ! It should get really interesting from here.
Old 17th December 2013, 06:28   #1292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohit Manohar View Post
A well deserved win for ManUtd as well against Villa. Wasn't so hopeful ever since Robin Van Persie got sidelined due to injury. But now the title race is wide open, even Everton have a chance to get their hands on the trophy ! It should get really interesting from here.
there is no title race for united now. Only a scrap to make it to the 4th place, even that looks very very difficult. United might not be in CL next season! It was always going to be very difficult for united once Sir Alex packed up. We should have gone for a better manager.

By the way, Arsene must be kicking himself every now and then! If only that purported Suarez move had materialized...
Old 17th December 2013, 10:48   #1293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
there is no title race for united now. Only a scrap to make it to the 4th place, even that looks very very difficult. United might not be in CL next season! It was always going to be very difficult for united once Sir Alex packed up. We should have gone for a better manager.

By the way, Arsene must be kicking himself every now and then! If only that purported Suarez move had materialized...
You know how United play. Last minute surprises, their a team that can be never be ruled out until the last minute. Yeah Wenger would've definitely wanted Suarez to be part of his team. United on the other hand need some star midfield and back four signings. As of now, only the forwards seem to be at par with the club class.
Old 17th December 2013, 11:58   #1294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohit Manohar View Post
You know how United play. Last minute surprises, their a team that can be never be ruled out until the last minute. Yeah Wenger would've definitely wanted Suarez to be part of his team. United on the other hand need some star midfield and back four signings. As of now, only the forwards seem to be at par with the club class.
Ok maybe you are a fellow united fan. The title is lost my friend. No doubts about it. We have lost too many games. It is said that title is won in the second half of the season but it is lost in the first half of the season!

Anyway I am not that bothered about the title. I think we should concentrate on rebuilding the team and fight for the cups for a while. Midfield needs boot-up, defense needs boot-up. Sir Alex left an old team (most of the key players too old) and it was always going to be difficult for the new manager. There are some positives in this season however. Emergence of Januzaj is like breath of fresh air. Rooney is back to his best again. We have a world class GK. Jones is coming strong. Even Valencia seems to be back to form. We can certainly fight for the three cups (FA, micky mouse cup and CL). If Moyes can win one or two it will give him confidence.
Old 17th December 2013, 12:39   #1295
BHPian

Quote:
Ok maybe you are a fellow united fan. The title is lost my friend. No doubts about it. We have lost too many games. It is said that title is won in the second half of the season but it is lost in the first half of the season!

Anyway I am not that bothered about the title. I think we should concentrate on rebuilding the team and fight for the cups for a while. Midfield needs boot-up, defense needs boot-up. Sir Alex left an old team (most of the key players too old) and it was always going to be difficult for the new manager. There are some positives in this season however. Emergence of Januzaj is like breath of fresh air. Rooney is back to his best again. We have a world class GK. Jones is coming strong. Even Valencia seems to be back to form. We can certainly fight for the three cups (FA, micky mouse cup and CL). If Moyes can win one or two it will give him confidence.
I hate to admit it, but ur right, the title is lost :( in fact, being a United fan from the past 12-13 years, Im even doubtful about all other cups as well this season. CL seems way above the current team's hopes. Surprises are always there, but looking at the squads of Real Madrid, Barca and Bayern, its not too hopeful. Especially with Madrid stopping at nothing to get the La Decima, their tenth CL trophy. Coming back to the EPL, atleast a top four finish is the best thing United can achieve this time around.
Old 17th December 2013, 13:33   #1296
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Midfield needs boot-up, defense needs boot-up. Sir Alex left an old team (most of the key players too old) and it was always going to be difficult for the new manager. There are some positives in this season however. Emergence of Januzaj is like breath of fresh air. Rooney is back to his best again. We have a world class GK. Jones is coming strong. Even Valencia seems to be back to form.
That’s the key point with United – it’s really the same team who won last year, but probably SAF’s grit and habit of winning was the differentiating factor. Infact the team in my opinion is better this year with the emergence of Januzaj, and re-invented Rooney. They should do a bit of clearance sale (Rio, Anderson, Young, and even the likes of Cleverly) and get some fresh legs in the January window.

On a side note, two of Jose’s ex-coaching staff lost job over the weekend – AVB and Steve Clarke.
Old 17th December 2013, 14:16   #1297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
That’s the key point with United – it’s really the same team who won last year, but probably SAF’s grit and habit of winning was the differentiating factor. Infact the team in my opinion is better this year with the emergence of Januzaj, and re-invented Rooney. They should do a bit of clearance sale (Rio, Anderson, Young, and even the likes of Cleverly) and get some fresh legs in the January window.

On a side note, two of Jose’s ex-coaching staff lost job over the weekend – AVB and Steve Clarke.
The team was already on its last legs last season (Sir Alex was incredibly lucky that RVP clicked and had no injuries and also our key midfielder Carrick had injury free season). We played quite cavalier style football last season as defense was stretched a lot. Also city, chelsea and arsenal didnt pose that great a challenge as they were busy rebuilding their teams themselves.

This year, Carrick has already missed lot of games and there is no replacement for him in the squad. RVP has also missed a few. In addition, defense is still down (all of first team defense have had injuries). The transition hasnt been that good really.
Old 10th February 2014, 14:29   #1298
Team-BHP Support

This thread has gone a bit cold off-late.
The weekend fixtures had some interesting results:
  • Chelsea’s slow and steady climb to the top. Not happy to admit, but I feel they’ll end up as champions this season.
  • Man. City’s goalless draw with Norwich was a wonderful result for the teams around them, not so often they drop points like this.
  • Man. U’s draw with Fulham kind of sealed the fact that they will not be in the top 4 fight this season. Moyes should be cursing himself for clearing all of SAF's backroom staff, especiall after this draw.
  • And finally, that sweet 5-1 mauling of Arsenal by Liverpool. It was probably the most exciting display by L’Pool this season. And someone posted this on FB
The Football Thread-fb_20140210_16_55_54_saved_picture.jpg
Old 10th February 2014, 15:07   #1299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
  • And finally, that sweet 5-1 mauling of Arsenal by Liverpool. It was probably the most exciting display by L’Pool this season. And someone posted this on FB
Yeah was a mauling alright. Don't even know how they just lost their spirit after the 2 quick goals at the start. Good that ManC drew. And yes, sadly I think Chelsea will finish on top this season. But anything better than ManC or ManU winning the title!

Arsenal has tough games coming up.
Old 10th February 2014, 15:34   #1300
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Yeah was a mauling alright. Don't even know how they just lost their spirit after the 2 quick goals at the start. Good that ManC drew. And yes, sadly I think Chelsea will finish on top this season. But anything better than ManC or ManU winning the title!

Arsenal has tough games coming up.
I think they were really missing the likes of Flamini and Ramsey. Ozil was not doing much, and Wilshire somehow was just interested in showing aggression. It will interesting to see how they line-up against ManU midweek.
Old 10th February 2014, 15:40   #1301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think they were really missing the likes of Flamini and Ramsey. Ozil was not doing much, and Wilshire somehow was just interested in showing aggression. It will interesting to see how they line-up against ManU midweek.
Yeah missing Flamini - who has aggression but a sort of one that will rile opponent strikers. Wishere is just the young-kid aggression that come out of helplessness - not helping in any way towards the team spirit.

Will be really, really bad if ManU win against us!
Old 10th February 2014, 17:46   #1302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Yeah missing Flamini - who has aggression but a sort of one that will rile opponent strikers. Wishere is just the young-kid aggression that come out of helplessness - not helping in any way towards the team spirit.

Will be really, really bad if ManU win against us!
Worry not my friend. We (united) will somehow contrive to not to win again This season is a write-off. I hope we lose to Arsenal, at least contribute to them winning the league if not us. Would hate it if the league ends up in moneybags pockets.
Old 18th March 2014, 17:23   #1303
BHPian

Just wondering where have the MU fans gone and surprised to see no traction on this thread.

YNWA
Old 18th March 2014, 17:31   #1304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BheemBoy View Post
Just wondering where have the MU fans gone and surprised to see no traction on this thread.
You know where

Anyways.....I've kinda lost hope that Arsenal will get any trophies this time around either. Chelsea look like they will be crowned EPL champions. Oh well. Another year. A faithful gooner trudges on....
Old 18th March 2014, 17:58   #1305
BHPian

I hate it but cannot stop thinking about it. With 2 games at home against Chelsea and M City, looks like it's ours to lose.

Let's see if BR can beat Benitez and get us to 1.

YNWA

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks