Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2014, 12:58   #1336
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
though I won't discount a possible dodgy away trip to Selhurst Park just yet
I hope Carroll and co. show the same grit when they meet City for their season finale.

Palace looks to be the new Stoke. Even City is making a trip there by month end
Old 7th April 2014, 13:19   #1337
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I hope Carroll and co. show the same grit when they meet City for their season finale.

Palace looks to be the new Stoke. Even City is making a trip there by month end
We'll have some breathing space if we beat City this weekend, because it then turns their game(s) in hand to a disadvantage. They'll need to win those just to keep up. Not a good place to be.

This is turning into a cracker of a run-in.
Old 9th April 2014, 02:22   #1338
Team-BHP Support

Chelsea are terrific to watch in the Champions League. PSG on the other hand, were awful. You need one away goal to practically seal the tie, and you sit back and defend deep from the first minute? Understandable once you get the goal, but not before it.

The big-game inexperience showed, and Cavani after all his moaning this season about playing out-of-position to accommodate Ibrahimovic, royally fluffed his audition for target man.
Old 9th April 2014, 04:26   #1339
BHPian

Well done Chelsea, hung in there and scored in the dying minutes. That said, PSG were absolutely dire, came in to defend and did nothing whatsoever. Cavani put in one of the worst displays as a hitman ever.

Reus was magnificent vs Real today, i just hope one of those United transfer rumors is true lol, fantastic young player. It showed just how reliant Real are on Ronaldo today, they looked like they'd bottle it. Great squad they may have, but today highlights just how big a player Cristiano is for them. I feel for the young lad Jesse who did his cruciate in cos a bad tackle, i think he'e one to watch out for.

As for tomorrow, i think Atletico will really miss the bullish Costa..but they still have El Guaje . I cant predict this one.

United however, hmmm what can one say. Competing away against one of the greatest lineups ever. I would go with Vidic, Rio, Rafael, Buttner, Carrick, Fletcher, Fellaini, Januzaj , Kagawa & Rooney with De Gea in goal.

All said and done, there's only one outcome likely. But the team better go all out, go for broke...if they're going out, go with a fight and that's what most United supporters have been wanting to see all season. The utter lack of fight is what alarms me the most. We all knew it would be a tough few years after SAF left but this? Anyway, i should stop ranting now

As always, i am optimistic..let's get em !
Old 13th April 2014, 21:12   #1340
Team-BHP Support

What a win that was!!! Almost got a scare when City came back so strongly in the second half. The intensity was great, and Gerrard's post-match interview was awesome. Four more to go...!
Old 14th April 2014, 00:40   #1341
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
What a win that was!!! Almost got a scare when City came back so strongly in the second half. The intensity was great, and Gerrard's post-match interview was awesome. Four more to go...!
Defending continues to be our Achilles heel. Just about managed to hold on against City, but it was one heck of a scare, esp. when they hit top gear around the hour mark. But that's a debate for the off-season.

Four more games to hold on now!
Old 14th April 2014, 12:44   #1342
BHPian

With Liverpool winning yesterday, the PL now depends on two matches: Chelsea vs Liverpool and City vs Everton. All the teams have to go for a win to get the top spot.
One heck of a season this has been: Arsenal on top for almost 3/4th of a season and now fighting for the 4th spot; Man City has always been challenging the top spot with touching distance; Liverpool came back strongly to grab the top spot at the end of the season; and Chelsea giving it away at the death. Amazing season this, fingers crossed.
Old 14th April 2014, 14:42   #1343
BHPian

It was very nervous second half.

First lost the 2 goal advantage by conceding 2 goals. The near miss from Silva was as close as it could get.

And then there was too much play acting from El Pisterolo.

Any idea why he does some much acting when he has so much going for him this season?

4 games to go...
Old 14th April 2014, 15:53   #1344
BHPian

With their top4 position is still under big question, Arsenal inched one step closer to FA cup, overcoming a very resilient Wigan side in a penalty shootout.
Arsenal were not pushing enough in the match and duly got punished by Wigan's opening goal (thru Penalty for a foul by Mertesecker). Then they sort of pulled themselves up and played well to make it 1-1 in 82nd min. Wigan did well to take the game to extra time and then to shoot-out.
Spare a thought for Fabianski who saved 3 Wigan strikes in the shootout. Though Wigan's inexperience showed, it still need some skill to keep 3 strikes out. He would be out of contract by end of this season and definitely he is deserved to play first team, if not in Arsenal, elsewhere in top leagues.

Arsenal would be facing Hull in the finals and they are in premier league and they know how to win big sides.
So lets not get our hopes up. Should concentrate on finishing 4th which is imperative on what 'could be' Wenger's final season.

Last edited by nfsfreak : 14th April 2014 at 15:54.
Old 20th April 2014, 22:54   #1345
Team-BHP Support

Another nervy win today for Liverpool! 5 points clear of Chlesea, and hope we can make it 8 on next weekend.

Man U looked clueless against Everton, and Moyes looked like a defeated man from the start itself. Hope Everton continue on this form when they entertain City
Old 22nd April 2014, 14:21   #1346
BHPian

David Moyes has been sacked as Man U manager. Just saw the tweet from the club's official account.

Whilst I agree that he is not the sole responsibility for the club's poor performance this year, some of his tactics and planning were not up to the scratch. The last match against Everton and way Mirallas scored his goal being one of the example.

Hope they convince Kloop to leave BVB and join the reds for the next year. It should be interesting to see who the Glazers get for the job.
Old 22nd April 2014, 14:29   #1347
BHPian

Klopp has categorically denied leaving bvb..
Old 22nd April 2014, 14:37   #1348
Team-BHP Support

I doubt any top manager would want to touch the job with a barge pole unless guaranteed a HUGE summer transfer budget and allowed to rebuild from scratch (or the football equivalent of it). The current squad is horrendous, and no amount of blaming Moyes can paper over that fact.

Klopp is committed to Dortmund, possibly the same situation with Simeone at Atletico. Van Gaal seems the most distinct possibility after the World Cup ends.
Old 22nd April 2014, 15:18   #1349
BHPian

I think Man U need to stick with Moyes. They need large scale changes in their squad. I think Solsjkaer will also be in the mix if Moyes is sacked.
Old 22nd April 2014, 16:11   #1350
BHPian

Moyes is sacked and Giggs named as Interim caretaker... Quite unfortunate but not surprising.
They were just waiting for the mathematical possibility of United could not get into Top 4 (eventually that became a certainty after Everton defeat), so that sacking him would cost them less.
The main reason could be that the Management wouldn't want to entrust Moyes with 200M war chest which planned for squad overhaul this summer. Club hierarchy feared players wouldn't want to join United to play under Moyes.

United's first preference for the job is Klopp (who just said he is not interested). Van Gaal is the next favorite followed by other long shots Diego Simone (Ateltico Madrid) & Laurent Blanc (PSG).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks