Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2014, 09:34   #1381
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Football Thread

Excellent season indeed! More than the 3-3 draw against Cry. Palace, that slip (Gerrard's) against Chelsea proved a bit too costly for Liverpool. Nevertheless, finishing second is indeed great for Liverpool, and hope we get some good new signings going to the next season, especially at the back. A half century on goals conceded does not sound very good.

Congratulations to Man. City. I really liked the way they progressed this season, and Pellegrini's cool handling of the star-studded group.
Old 12th May 2014, 14:36   #1382
Senior - BHPian

And looks like Gerrard will be ruing that slip-up. Sad to see Liverpool get so close but lose out to the bankrolled team.

Good season though. Can't wait to see what Arsene will do this time around. No hopes but hoping against hope - again!
Old 18th May 2014, 00:24   #1383
Senior - BHPian

Arsene Wenger, you really deserve the cup!

Hull gave it an almighty fight. And good fight by the gunners. A great game of football. I am so so happy.

COYG!!!!!
Old 18th May 2014, 04:06   #1384
Senior - BHPian

Arsenal ends the cup drought of 9 years!! Great comeback by the gunners. Ramsey for me was the man of the match!! He played a great game. Hope this starts a new era for the gunners!!

What a game to end the season in La Liga. Barca almost got a hand to the title but this year was meant to be Athletico's and they got the title they so deserved. They have been a relevation this season! And boy was Messi kept silent again or what!! In 6 games against them, Messi has not been able be to as creative as in other games. Kudos to Simeone and the team!!

Waiting for the mouth watering UCL finals next sunday!
Old 18th May 2014, 19:07   #1385
Senior - BHPian

On what channel will the Champions League final be aired?
Old 20th May 2014, 00:25   #1386
Senior - BHPian

Two new managers for two teams in a day!!

Louis Van Gaal has been appointed as the manager of Manchester united team for 3 years. Ryan giggs will be his deputy. Here's to hope that there will be good signings over the summer and the team will be back to glory days soon.

Luis Enrique is confirmed as the new Barca boss. He was managing the B team before moving onto manage Celta Vigo. Tata martino did a good job with a team clearly not motivated enough. Just missed the la liga title. Lets see how the new manager fares.
Old 20th May 2014, 08:49   #1387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
On what channel will the Champions League final be aired?
Its on Ten Sports.

http://www.tensports.com/tv-guide
Old 20th May 2014, 11:36   #1388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post

Louis Van Gaal has been appointed as the manager of Manchester united team for 3 years. Ryan giggs will be his deputy. Here's to hope that there will be good signings over the summer and the team will be back to glory days soon.
To steal from a rather popular catch-phrase going around these days - Acche din aane wale hain for Manchester United! As a red devil I am thrilled with this appointment. LVG is virtually a clone of Sir Alex - he is a no nonsense task master and famous for playing expensive, attacking football - traits usually associated with Manchester United. A very exciting summer in store for us red devils.
Old 21st May 2014, 20:24   #1389
Team-BHP Support

What’s with Yaya Toure – crying that he was not treated well by Man. City; because nobody from the club wished on his b’day! Bizarre tactics for a pay rise?
Old 21st May 2014, 22:52   #1390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
What’s with Yaya Toure – crying that he was not treated well by Man. City; because nobody from the club wished on his b’day! Bizarre tactics for a pay rise?
he wants to move back to Barcelona.

Usual tactics by the Spanish biggies to get a player they want.
Old 23rd May 2014, 18:10   #1391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
To steal from a rather popular catch-phrase going around these days - Acche din aane wale hain for Manchester United! As a red devil I am thrilled with this appointment. LVG is virtually a clone of Sir Alex - he is a no nonsense task master and famous for playing expensive, attacking football - traits usually associated with Manchester United. A very exciting summer in store for us red devils.

But virtually all the stars in the market are linked to United at the moment. Hard to predict what we will end up with at the start of the season. Personally I would like to see Shaw, Hummels, Garay and Strootman sign for United. In additon to that, we need to give more chances for Powell, Zaha, Nani, Rafael, Chicharito and Januzaj. And I strongly feel that Fellaini will be a different player next season.
Old 23rd May 2014, 19:03   #1392
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I started a thread for the Football World Cup here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...14-thread.html

Would be great to see some more footie fans there. It will be an exciting place to discuss all the upcoming matches, players.

Cannot wait for the kickoff!!
Old 23rd May 2014, 19:13   #1393
BHPian

EPL 2014-15 Season Thread

Dear All,

Starting a new thread to discuss all things related to the forth coming EPL season. No matter which team you support, share your thoughts and views with like minded BHPians in this thread.

Good if you could mention the following :

Team you are supporting
A look back at last season for your team
What are looking forward to, in the coming season
Predicted line up for your team in the next season
Prediction for Champions
Prediction for Top 4
Prediction for Bottom 3

Add as much info as you like to the above - let's make it as interesting as possible.
Old 23rd May 2014, 20:45   #1394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoop_SG View Post

But virtually all the stars in the market are linked to United at the moment. Hard to predict what we will end up with at the start of the season. Personally I would like to see Shaw, Hummels, Garay and Strootman sign for United. In additon to that, we need to give more chances for Powell, Zaha, Nani, Rafael, Chicharito and Januzaj. And I strongly feel that Fellaini will be a different player next season.
Not that sure about Hummels. Garay does not have that kind of pace (that, for example, Rio had that made him such a great defender) he would be exposed in the super fast EPL. Strootman is in sickbay and not expected to be back until Christmas! Shaw I think is a certainity.

I guess LVG will bring some players from Dutch league, possibly from Ajax. Victor Fischer is one guy I'd be excited about! I'd also be happy with Gundogan Kagawa swap if it can materialize! Fabregas is another name doing the rounds. We might really get him!!

LVG should initiate a grand clearcut of the squad - players like Fletcher, Buttner, Young, Valencia, Bebe, Anderson etc are simply not good enough! Nani is a talent but has been crap for more than 3 years so he too should be shipped out! Chicarito is too good to rot on the bench here so he also should leave for his own good. LVG mostly plays 4-3-3 so anyway he has no future at united in that formation.

Lots to happen this summer. Exciting times ahead
Old 12th June 2014, 09:23   #1395
Senior - BHPian

Cars footballers drive!!

Was going through the sites browsing for all the football news and got this information regarding the cars that the current famous footballers have in their garage!!

1. Lionel Messi :

a. Ferrari F430 Spider

b. Maserati GranTurismo S

c. Dodge Charger SRT8

d. Audi Q7

e. Audi R8 Spyder

f. Lexus 4x4

g. Toyota Prius

h. Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale

2. Christiano Ronaldo :

a. BMW M6

b. Bentley Continental GTC

c. Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sports Coupe

d. Porsche Cayenne

e. Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano

f. Audi Q7

g. Ferrari F430

h. Porsche 911 Carrera 2S Cabriolet

i. Bentley GT Speed

j. Audi R8

k. Audi RS6

l. Maserati GranCabrio

m. Ferrari 599 GTO

n. Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4

o. Porsche Cayenne Turbo

p. Mercedes-Benz C220 CDI

q. Bugatti Veyron

r. Aston Martin DB9

s. Rolls-Royce Phantom

3. Neymar

a. Volvo XC60

b. Porsche Panamera

c. Audi R8 GT.

Apart from this he also owns a yatch and a helicopter!!

4. Bale

a. Audi R8

b. Land Rover Range Rover

c. Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG.

He is modest though being the richest footballer.

5. Ibrahimovic

a. Ferrari Enzo

b. Lamborghini Gallardo

c. Maserati Gran Turismo

d. Audi S8

e. Volvo C30 T5

f. Audi RS6 Avant C7

g. Porsche 918 Spyder

Of all the car collections mentioned, I like the one Ronaldo has for obvious reasons! He has almost all the drool worthy cars parked in his stable.

You can all share any more information about other players as well!!

Source : NDTV.
Link : http://auto.ndtv.com/news/curving-it...from=home-auto

Mods please move this to the appropriate thread.

Most Viewed