Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2010, 18:10   #556
BHPian

Which EPL club your support?

I saw a thread during world cup but haven't seen anything on football after that. Just wanted to know which EPL club you support and who is / was your favourite player?

To start with, I have been following Liverpool Football Club for sometime now. Torres / Gerrard / Kewell - Sami [former players].

YNWA. You'll Never Walk Alone
Old 17th September 2010, 22:37   #557
BHPian

None. Although I am slightly fond of LFC due to some of the players you mentioned and also because of their history (and especially due to their rivalry with a certain club which I dislike.. a LOT)

As for supporting a club, I have been a supporter of FC Barcelona for more than a decade (ever since I first got the football bug and especially since La Liga broadcasts started in India on tv )

Next is the new hi-fliers in the I-League, Pune FC

EPL is more hype than anything else really. There are some exciting and quality players, sure, but it is more of the Murdoch media empire and the incessant hype which makes people think it is the be all and end all in football.
Old 18th September 2010, 11:12   #558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
EPL is more hype than anything else really. There are some exciting and quality players, sure, but it is more of the Murdoch media empire and the incessant hype which makes people think it is the be all and end all in football.
I agree with Abhay. Though am yet to see any matches in the current season, I've always preferred La Liga to EPL. Barcelona is my favourite, though I used to be fan of Real Madrid when they were coached by Del Bosque with Zidane, Figo and Carlos in the team.I also watch Champions League

If it is to be EPL, then i would prefer Chelsea - at least for the sake of Drogba. And they were good under Jose Mourinho. 2009 Barca Vs Chelsea was a great match to watch.
Old 19th September 2010, 11:38   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
I've always preferred La Liga to EPL. Barcelona is my favourite, though I used to be fan of Real Madrid when they were coached by Del Bosque with Zidane, Figo and Carlos in the team.
Hey, I could have said the exact same words myself! I'd include Ronaldo too (the original one).

I actually hate EPL (except for Arsenal, and a few other players from other teams), -- more so because it is pushed down our throats by the stupid ESPN-Star channels.

I'm dreaming of the day when there would be at least one exclusive football channel in India! May not happen in my lifetime though. But there must be football channels in heaven, with only good football on them (by definition of heaven) .
Old 20th September 2010, 14:36   #560
BHPian

Barca....and Arsenal in the EPL. Free flowing football, irresistible at times, and mercurial like the sport itself. Messi and Fabregas. Villa and Arshavin. Bliss
Old 3rd October 2010, 18:42   #561
BHPian

Hi guys, Ten sports has launched a dedicated football channel TenAction+which covers most of the popular football leagues ( laliga, Serie, scottish, german bundesleague etc) except for EPL. They also cover UEFA champions league as well as europa league.

If anyone actually want a proper analysis of football and healthy discussion of matches and the tactics thereof, such as formations etc visit the site

Zonal Marking | Football tactics, formations, diagrams, chalkboards and graphs

I have been reading the site for a year now and have to say I have learnt a lot. And the surprising thing is all the articles are written by a single guy.
Old 27th January 2011, 15:11   #562
BHPian

Re: The Football Thread

wow! there is a football thread too on t-bhp!
but inactive since october?
C'mon guys, lets kick off again!
I'm a huge Man Utd fan btw! any fellow devils around?
Old 27th January 2011, 16:00   #563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
wow! there is a football thread too on t-bhp!
but inactive since october?
C'mon guys, lets kick off again!
I'm a huge Man Utd fan btw! any fellow devils around?
count me as another die-hard red devil!
So do you think we'll win the league this time? And will we be unbeaten!

I think So!!!
Old 27th January 2011, 16:34   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
count me as another die-hard red devil!
So do you think we'll win the league this time? And will we be unbeaten!

I think So!!!
Big hi
on us winning the league definitely, but I dont think we'll go unbeaten! [I wish we do!]
btw, What a match on tuesday! it was trademark united
Old 12th February 2011, 19:04   #565
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Come with your predictions for EPL, LaLiga, Serie A with your favourite players.

I'm an Arsenal Fan and sincerely hope that they win a trophy this year. (atleast LeagueCup)

My predictions:

EPL - ManU shld win from here but really hope Gunners can nick it somehow :P.
LaLiga - Barca all the way.
Serie A - Milan

Favorite players - Fantastic Fab(regas), Steven Gerrard,Messi, Pato.

Favourite national team - Spain

Rgds... Karthik
Old 12th February 2011, 21:23   #566
BHPian

Hi Karthik!

I'm a red devil

After the magnificent derby victory, arsenal remain the only team that can catch us now!

La liga : Do u even need a prediction? :P barca will be runaway victors.

My fav player is Paul Scholes
Old 13th February 2011, 23:19   #567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsfreak View Post
Hi Guys,

Come with your predictions for EPL, LaLiga, Serie A with your favourite players.
Rgds... Karthik
I have been following club football only since the last few years. Initially, it was EPL that too only occassionally and only matches of top clubs such as ManU, Liverpool, Arsenal etc. But since last 2 years my interest in Laliga has increased and most of it was due to Barca and Real. And the way Barca is playing their game for the last 2 seasons, I believe they can defeat any team most of the times.

I don't have any particular favorites in players, but if there is any it has to be Maradona, since he was the one whom I used to see in awe when I watched world cup matches as a child and that might have also influenced my preference for Argentina side.

Of the current lot Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi, kaka, Iniesta etc are some players whom I enjoy watching.

I don't think there would be any surprises as to who would win Laliga with Barca's current form.

Now what do you think about the champions league ties coming up. Who will triumph?. My interest lies in Barca Vs Arsenal tie. Can Barca repeat their previous champions league performance against Arsenal. ?
Old 14th February 2011, 11:00   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi.kona View Post
But since last 2 years my interest in Laliga has increased and most of it was due to Barca and Real.
I actually feel less interested in la liga these days since there is no competition at all..Its just real and barca winning everything and the rest of them competing in almost a different league! its become very predictable, unlike the EPL, where the bottom most club wolves can beat the leaders United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi.kona View Post
Now what do you think about the champions league ties coming up. Who will triumph?. My interest lies in Barca Vs Arsenal tie. Can Barca repeat their previous champions league performance against Arsenal. ?
Over two legs, Barca are indeed the favourites. But arsenal cant be underestimated at the emirates, specially with a fit RVP and fabregas.
Lets hope we get some great football!
Old 14th February 2011, 14:30   #569
Senior - BHPian

EPL it would be Manchester United! Arsenal wont win anything (as usual)

And being a united fan, I hope we win the Champions League too (though realistically not very confident). Real can nick it given the Mourinho influence. He is as shrewd an operator you can get as there is as far as cup competitions are concerned. Barca I dont want them to win anything so I hope they lose la lagia as well!!!

Fav players - Scholes and Giggs(from current lot). RVN when he played for us.

National team is Holland for me (as I developed interest in football when I lived there in early 2000's plus RVN was dutch).
Old 15th February 2011, 00:12   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
I actually feel less interested in la liga these days since there is no competition at all..Its just real and barca winning everything and the rest of them competing in almost a different league! its become very predictable, unlike the EPL, where the bottom most club wolves can beat the leaders United!
What you said is absolutely correct. I should have been more clear when I said about LaLiga. I don't watch any matches that don't have Barca or Real playing. My interest is more because of the way they are playing. Very rarely do teams play at such level, where it is not the result but the margin that is the question. I am no fan of Barca, but the way they are scoring goals has me in awe. Its not just the number, though that is something to speak of when 5-0 margins are so regular, but the way they are scored.

I wouldn't say there were or are no other teams which played or play such beautiful football, but I haven't seen such a team. Teams may have great individual talents, but for them to work as a unit makes them extraordinary. And the current Barca team is one such extraordinary team composed of great individual talents, whose understanding of each other and the trust they have in each other is a joy to see. The way they pass the ball without panicking even when surrounded by defenders and in tight spaces shows their skill and trust in each others capabilities. One should see the play between Xavi, Iniesta and messi when they shatter the defences with simple and subtle passes.

And its not as if they are performing only against weak teams. They are playing at such a level that other great teams are looking as if they are at a different level. Its akin to Australia under Steve Waugh (One who follows cricket would know for sure how they dominated) and F1 from 2000 - 2005 when Schumi was having his way. It would be obviously boring if we were to be concerned about the result as it would be most likely without surprises. But if we were to look at the game itself we will see the flourishes of the great artistes on the field. Have fun

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks