Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2011, 05:39   #931
BHPian

Re: The Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post

Torres miss needs a mention too! ROFL!
I agree..with his first goal, I thought he was back but looks like that was not to0 be. What was he thinking, an empty net and still misses. He also missed a rebound before.

Rooney missed as well!!

Real loose to Levante. Apparently, Levante's annual turnover is around 20 million euros ($27.3 million), compared with Real's of just under 500 million.
Old 19th September 2011, 08:27   #932
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Chelsea v/s United will be remembered not only for the goals scored but for the opportunities missed. I haven't seen so many blanket misses in a single match for a long long time now.

While Torres's miss was glaring, I thought he was brilliant yesterday. Too bad that his confidence will take a big beating after that miss.

Happy for my team United but concerned about the injuries specially the defence. Hope the guys get fit soon.

P.S - The start is too good to be true. Its been ages that United had such a terrific start. 5 straight wins and 21 goals!!!
Old 19th September 2011, 08:46   #933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
P.S - The start is too good to be true. Its been ages that United had such a terrific start. 5 straight wins and 21 goals!!!
Don't worry it is. Remember Chelsea last season. Maintaining this momentum will not be easy..

Disclaimer: I am not a United supporter.
Old 19th September 2011, 11:04   #934
Senior - BHPian

Oh and Rooney's awesome penalty kick made my day

The 2 smileys are to take the sting out for ManU fans
Old 19th September 2011, 11:06   #935
BHPian

Quote:
Last time we won the first five games was in 1986! The year when SAF was appointed.
But We didn't win the league that season though
Old 19th September 2011, 11:10   #936
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Last time we won the first five games was in 1986! The year when SAF was appointed.
But We didn't win the league that season though
Shubh Shubh bolo yaar!

This team has all the qualities for another title. They just have to see how fast they can get the players from the medical rooms to the playing field. This team so much reminds of the the kids of the mid-90s. Great going!
Old 19th September 2011, 11:13   #937
Senior - BHPian

This United team is fantastic, capable of ripping any team to pieces on its day.

That said, I think the result flattered them. When they tried to boss central midfield as in previous games, they lost control. Chelsea overran them at times and United were just more clinical on the night. They do lack a midfield general a la Roy Keane, but failing that Cleverley and Anderson will be a superb midfield pairing in all but the biggest games.

Great start to the season for United, long may it continue.
Old 19th September 2011, 11:22   #938
BHPian

Quote:
Shubh Shubh bolo yaar!

This team has all the qualities for another title. They just have to see how fast they can get the players from the medical rooms to the playing field. This team so much reminds of the the kids of the mid-90s. Great going!
Ha Ha. Shub hi hoga dont worry
And I totally agree with your point, this is another priceless young team that fergie has worked out, YET AGAIN!
Wonder what Alan hansen has to say now? "You cant win anything with kids" again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
They do lack a midfield general a la Roy Keane, but failing that Cleverley and Anderson will be a superb midfield pairing in all but the biggest games.
Agree. I was hoping cleverly was developing into one. fletcher has not been his usual self after the mysterious viral attack.
Ando has been a revelation though. But he looked a bit overconfident yesterday
Old 19th September 2011, 11:28   #939
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
fletcher has not been his usual self after the mysterious viral attack. Ando has been a revelation though. But he looked a bit overconfident yesterday
Give Fletch a few games, he'll come good. First game after ages, the rust showed, but he kept it simple and was decent, if overrun at times by Chelsea's midfield troika. With the mid-week game coming up against Leeds, he'll get more playing time for sure and that can only be a good thing. I hope Pogba gets a start too.

Ando made that one massive mistake that let Fernando in and he was so apologetic after that Then he pinged those two passes straight to a defender instead of Young who was out wide. He faded away after that, which was disappointing since he started the game quite well and was good until that moment. I love it when he's running at defenses and playing 1-2's and those clever flicks. Class player.
Old 19th September 2011, 11:54   #940
BHPian

Quote:
I hope Pogba gets a start too.
Yeah, he looks promising, But not sure he'll get a chance anytime soon though.
Earlier it used to be the young blood that used to be fielded in the carling cup. But now the situation has reversed
Its the young guns that are ruling it in the first team, and the parks, giggss, berbas, carricks are left with the cup games!
And moreover, its against leeds, and I think SAF will play an experienced team, given the rivalry and the importance of the fixture.

Quote:
I love it when he's running at defenses and playing 1-2's and those clever flicks. Class player.
Indeed. I love it too. And those no look passes, my god, are they good to watch

Last edited by figo_united : 19th September 2011 at 11:57.
Old 19th September 2011, 11:57   #941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, he looks promising, But not sure he'll get a chance anytime soon though.
heck, If Gibson can be given games because he has a thunderous strike, so too can Pogba...the kid can hit a ball

Quote:
And those no look passes, my god, are they good to watch
Oh yes! That is so Ronaldinho-esque, another player I loved in his prime.
Old 19th September 2011, 14:00   #942
BANNED

Other teams should learn from Manchester United, instead of investing in big players. The teams should invest in the linesman.
Spitfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2011, 14:17   #943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Other teams should learn from Manchester United, instead of investing in big players. The teams should invest in the linesman.
Spitfire got to admit that your statement was really Hillarious...IF, your intentions were the same!!

LOVE US OR HATE US, YOU JUST CAN'T DENY OUR STATUS AS THE CHAMPS - RED DEVILS RULE
Old 19th September 2011, 14:31   #944
BHPian

That weird Rooney miss reminded me of Terry's slip in CL final vs Man Utd

Meanwhile, Levante beat Real Madrid 1-0

Khedira got sent off while Pepe and Coentrao were booked towards the end as they showed their frustration by trying to break bones.

This means Barcelona are 1 point ahead of RM and third in standings behind Valencia and Betis
Old 19th September 2011, 14:31   #945
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Spitfire got to admit that your statement was really Hillarious...IF, your intentions were the same!!
There is a big green smiley at the end like this one

And I hate club football. So..

Most Viewed