Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2015, 13:28   #1516
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhargavgunreddy View Post
Haha typical gooner you are mate !!. You are talking as if Wenger is a saint and he never said anything against Jose. Wenger cannot stand up to Jose any day. We all saw that shove on Jose when you lost 6-0 which shows his inability to take on Jose. Not to forget he escaped without any ban/fine. The only match he won is community shield which we all know is due to lack of fitness of players being the first competitive match of the season. If you still don't believe, 2-0 win which followed sums it up.

If he cannot deliver things, he should atleast stop crying on people who does it.
Must. Not. Reply.

Wenger has his faults. Agreed. I will end this conversation here.
Old 21st December 2015, 15:11   #1517
Senior - BHPian

Looks like United are about to replace LVG with Jose as the manager! Player power these days!

What if Jose also fails (although slim chance of that). Who will united bring to replace Jose next year?
Old 21st December 2015, 15:17   #1518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Looks like United are about to replace LVG with Jose as the manager! Player power these days!

What if Jose also fails (although slim chance of that). Who will united bring to replace Jose next year?
But me have a strong feeling that they will not replace LVG yet.

Last edited by naveenroy : 21st December 2015 at 15:24.
Old 21st December 2015, 15:39   #1519
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

That's what I mentioned in my previous post. The manager may not be a problem, but a lot depends on the relationship nowadays. If the manager is far too rigid, and he is not able to get his views in, soon the equation becomes like 1 against 11. It's sad, but players decide who should manage them.

Not a fan of ManU but it will be good to see characters like Jose continue in BPL, and maybe this is the place where he can get over that 3rd year jinx. Even better if he don't
Old 21st December 2015, 15:49   #1520
BHPian

I have been following the English premier league since last 15 years or so, but i have never seen a season like this year. Leicester is top, Chelsea is at 15th but still only 11 points from 4th place team! For me, ARS and MANC looked best bet for the top spot. Villa will definitely go down, but hard to pick other two.
Overall, one of the most unpredictable season for sure.

And, even in La Liga, it could be close finish between top 3 teams.
Old 22nd December 2015, 09:40   #1521
Senior - BHPian

Hmm lucky Arsenal won against ManC yesterday. Aguero played, Sanchez didn't and Arsenal somehow scraped through. Ozil oozes class. But he's a useless, lazy player anyway.
Old 22nd December 2015, 11:14   #1522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Hmm lucky Arsenal won against ManC yesterday. Aguero played, Sanchez didn't and Arsenal somehow scraped through. Ozil oozes class. But he's a useless, lazy player anyway.
I have not watched the highlights, but i read that Toure and Bony missed chances at the end?
As mentioned in my earlier post, this year no one seemed to be grabbing the opportunity to take the lead. Must be interesting to see the league table come april end.
Old 22nd December 2015, 14:04   #1523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post

Hahaha nice one there. This is the perception that all fans make of the Gunners whenever we win against a good team. If any other team does it, then they say that champion teams should know how to grind out victories.
If not for our profligacy, we could have given them a real hiding before they had chance to get back in the game.
Thoroughly impressed with Campbell, he works his socks off, nullified Kolarov all night. Happy with the win ✌️😄
Old 27th December 2015, 22:22   #1524
BHPian

Hi Guys,

A small question from my side - I recently read that Pep Guardiola will be leaving his post as the managet of Bayern Munich. Has he given any reason for this move? As far as I remember he has been at Bayern for just one or two seasons. What reason has he given for moving out?
Old 27th December 2015, 23:53   #1525
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Hi Guys,

A small question from my side - I recently read that Pep Guardiola will be leaving his post as the managet of Bayern Munich. Has he given any reason for this move? As far as I remember he has been at Bayern for just one or two seasons. What reason has he given for moving out?
Apparently wants a new challenge, according to Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge. BBC report here.
Old 28th December 2015, 09:21   #1526
BHPian

I was reading an article which speculated that Mourinhio is set to take up the managerial job at Manchester United while Pep Guardiola will be moving to Manchester City. This will reignite the battle between both the teams and the managers. Of course all these reports are just speculations at this point of time!
Old 28th December 2015, 12:44   #1527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was reading an article which speculated that Mourinhio is set to take up the managerial job at Manchester United while Pep Guardiola will be moving to Manchester City. This will reignite the battle between both the teams and the managers. Of course all these reports are just speculations at this point of time!
This actually looks very likely now. Todays is the last game for LVG at United. Mourinho is the prefect replacement as he is as close to a Fergie clone as you can get today. He is a master man motivator and that is precisely what is needed at United. I think he can stay at United for a long time - maybe 10-15 years and create a legacy to rival that of Sir Alex. United (and SAF in particular) bungled big time by not going for him in the first place when Sir Alex retired. This job was always his!

Pep is sure shot at City. Everything has been setup for him there. All his Barca support staff is already there at City now!
Old 28th December 2015, 12:49   #1528
BHPian

Quote:
Todays is the last game for LVG at United.
How do you know this? Has this already been announced? Sorry but I do not follow football news closely hence I may have missed this. I just wanted to check whether 'today's game is last for LVG' is your own personal assessment or this has already become official.

Cheers!
Old 28th December 2015, 13:30   #1529
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
.....he is as close to a Fergie clone as you can get today.
Wouldn't want to debate who goes where, but that bit is hardly true at all. Ferguson and Mourinho have starkly contrasting footballing styles, and if United fans find Van Gaal boring, I can't fathom how they'll react to Mourinho's style. He's much more of a win-by-boring-opposition-to-death merchant than anyone else, Van Gaal included.

Mourinho may be a winner and all (his trophy cabinet says so), but exciting he ain't.

Quote:
I think he can stay at United for a long time - maybe 10-15 years and create a legacy to rival that of Sir Alex.
He just isn't the type to stay too long anywhere, if his history is any indication. Future subject to change, of course, but doesn't seem likely.

Quote:
He is a master man motivator and that is precisely what is needed at United.......
Chelsea's current season suggests otherwise. All well to keep a winning bunch motivated, but this (half) season was his biggest test of motivational mgmt/ skills in a dire situation and the results speak for themselves. I have no love for the horrid Chelsea players for the way they got him (and a few past managers) sacked, but that doesn't take away from his failure as a leader.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 28th December 2015 at 13:33.
Old 28th December 2015, 15:56   #1530
BHPian

Quote:
What reason has he given for moving out?
The official reason is that he wants a 'new challenge'. But then, isn't that a template answer used by literally every football manager?

The unofficial reasons however, are as follows :

a) He wants to reunite with his good time buddy Txiki at City, with whom he worked closely while at Barca.
b) He is said to be 'extremely bored' with the monopoly of Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga.
c) He has had enough of the Bayern board's patronising attitude and their day-to-day interference within the First XI, particularly their Chairman's.

Quote:
All his Barca support staff is already there at City now!
No. The only ex-Barca figure that City has is Txiki Bergiristain, who was Barca's Sporting Director during the Pep era, and holds the same position at City now. He is the man responsible for all of City's transfer market activities for the last 4 seasons or so.

Last edited by barcalad : 28th December 2015 at 15:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks