Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2020, 11:34   #1951
BHPian

Re: The Football Thread

From what I have read, it's not easy as it sounds, Barca has put a €700 Million release clause for Messi, but he had on option where he can terminate his contract and become a free agent. But that clause ended in May, so in words, Messi doesn't have that option, his lawyers can argue that the league has concluded now, so in spirit, he still has that option.

So, it all boils down to, whether Bartomeu steps down as president or whether he continues to be the president and lets Messi go for a reasonable fees, or whether he stays at the helm and starts a legal war against arguably the biggest star in history of the club, and in process burns all bridges.

Resigning seems to be far more reasonable option at this stage and he may still salvage some respect in the process, but there is a rumor that he has to balance a lot of books before stepping down and that's why he is reluctant to step down.

I must confess, none of this may be true, we never know, like I said this is off the internet.
Old 26th August 2020, 11:39   #1952
BHPian

Every club will be dreaming but i don't see Messi going anywhere. Just a power play to remove Bartomeu and possibly Koeman too who was a ridiculous appointment. Other players like Suarez, Umtiti, etc. were told to look for other clubs and the state Barcelona is in, club needs major changes.
Old 26th August 2020, 11:50   #1953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchsvy View Post

Resigning seems to be far more reasonable option at this stage and he may still salvage some respect in the process, but there is a rumor that he has to balance a lot of books before stepping down and that's why he is reluctant to step down.

I must confess, none of this may be true, we never know, like I said this is off the internet.
These are not rumours, as I posted earlier, they had to ship out a young player to balance the books. There might be a lot more stink in the books which he wants to take care of before stepping down. The $700 million clause was just to discourage anyone triggering Messi's buyout clause like what happened with Neymar. I am sure Bartomeu want's to get something out from selling Messi, as many clubs might be willing to shell out decent amounts to get his sign.
Old 26th August 2020, 17:39   #1954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Breaking: Messi has opted to join Manchester City

Source Bleacher Report Twitter account post - https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/s...254879745?s=20

Deleted the previous post since it seems redundant now.
Reunion with pep on the cards?
Old 10th September 2020, 00:34   #1955
BHPian

Does anyone here play Fantasy Premier League? Premier league starts in 2 days so we can create a group.
AnandB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2020, 09:25   #1956
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
Does anyone here play Fantasy Premier League? Premier league starts in 2 days so we can create a group.
I am a regular and I think we had a league for the forum here some seasons back.

I just created a new one. Please feel free to join. Code: lig2mw

FPL link: https://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Have fun!

Edit:
Please note the deadline is Sat 12 Sep 15:30

Last edited by deetjohn : 11th September 2020 at 09:28. Reason: details
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 07:01   #1957
Senior - BHPian

Was Premier League drunk yesterday?

But, what a show by Villa! They have bought very well this season.
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 12:19   #1958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Was Premier League drunk yesterday?

But, what a show by Villa! They have bought very well this season.
Seems like it. It's the DAMN high line man. I am fed up. F-E-D U-P
How many more teams must expose our super high line before Klopp realises it ain't working no more. It works decently when there are players to press hard, not against a understrength side playing against a team like villa with grealish.

It's been found out. The high line has been found out and now more teams will just play a long ball behind for an easy chance at goal. I am not sure if we even HAVE a plan B.
Old 5th October 2020, 12:22   #1959
BHPian

EPL has thrown up crazy results in the first few matches. Liverpool just managed against Leeds, City looked weak against Leicester and survived Leeds test, though with 1 point only. Then Leicester showed their frailty. Liverpool was the only team which in spite of not being convincing remained on the winning side. Yesterday changed that as well, and how. Looked like Liverpool wanted to be on top no matter which side, so they eclipsed Man U. While still very early, this might be pretty open season.
Old 5th October 2020, 14:23   #1960
BHPian

As a Man Utd fan, it pains to see the rot that is going on. What is going on at Everton (know it is a little too early to hype them up) is a good example of doing things right. Appoint a good manager and back him up with good players. Ancelotti was brought in and now is being backed with good players and he is making average players look good.

Of all the post Sir Alex managers, I think Jose was the best we had. But hierarchy failed to back him per his wishes. I will not go to style of football debate. What the club did was put Ole and the first major signing for him was getting a CB in the form of Maguire. I wonder why they did not back Jose with his wish for a CB.

Ole is at the wheel, but for how long. He is not improving players nor I get the feeling players are putting in a shift for him. Lastly, hope Cavani will not be another Falcao/Sanchez type.
ask_017 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 21:19   #1961
Senior - BHPian

Party, party, Partey! Looks like a good signing, pissing of Simeone. Hhehehehe.

What a start to the league - Liverpool getting hammered - the very FIRST time that the champions in the PL have conceded 7 goals!
Old 13th October 2020, 13:01   #1962
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Le Professeur's autobiography is out today.

Some candid insight in his BBC interview.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 13th October 2020 at 13:03.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 21:34   #1963
Senior - BHPian

So many nice EPL games.

Am so happy for Mourinho. I just love that guy. So sad that Spurs couldn't even maintain a 3-0 lead. Poor guys Jose.
Old 24th October 2020, 02:30   #1964
Team-BHP Support

Just how good are Leeds?!

Relentless, and the quality and fitness to back it up.

Final seconds of added time, 3-0 up on the night, and they still have SEVEN players up for the last counter-attack. Wow!

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th October 2020 at 02:32.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 02:40   #1965
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Just how good are Leeds?!

Relentless, and the quality and fitness to back it up.

Final seconds of added time, 3-0 up on the night, and they still have SEVEN players up for the last counter-attack. Wow!
And just what a man Marcelo Bielsa is !! It’s a pity that he couldn’t replicate his success with his native country but his quality of turning lesser known teams to great heights is unparalleled. Even a Ranieri couldn't achieve what he has achieved. True genius I say
ABHI_1512 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks