Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2022, 22:02   #2206
BHPian

Re: The Football Thread

Struggling with the constant buffering of the live telecast on Jio Cinema app. Takes away the fun of watching the match. Using Fire stick with Spectranet 300 Mbps connection.
Old 20th November 2022, 22:04   #2207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndieGooner View Post
Not surprised. Meanwhile, I'm struggling to watch on their mobile app with the video buffering every few minutes. I had my misgivings about this whole free telecast on the app and would have preferred a paid option from a more competent provider.

I don't have a cable subscription. So, i suppose I am left to hunt or some streams to watch this world cup.
I have installed the app in my Android TV but the frame jumping is irritating. My internet speed is alright. I am more than happy for a paid option for streaming. Does anyone know channel telecast can be streamed in in Tata play app? Its long time I used Tata sky/play. I no longer have the set top box.

Meanwhile the first goal was decided by VAR with a very marginal offside
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2022, 22:20   #2208
Senior - BHPian

Everyone is facing problem with Jio streaming app I think. Wonder how Jio goofed up. It is pathetic
mallumowgli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2022, 22:45   #2209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
for some reason, I am not getting the same feel this time that I used to get always
Same here. I think the disruptions due to Covid in general for football schedules (Euro was held just last year) followed by an odd time for the tournament in the middle of annual season, might be one of the reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Everyone is facing problem with Jio streaming app I think. Wonder how Jio goofed up
To be fair, this buffering problem has been with Hotstar too, during some Live tournaments there. I found Sony Liv to be better in this regard.

For me, the Jio app did not even work on TV (Nvidia Shield). It worked on a tab, perhaps I have to update it on TV. I went back to Tata Play and subscribed Sports 18 1 HD for Rs. 14. Problem solved for now
Old 20th November 2022, 23:11   #2210
Team-BHP Support

Switching to a regional language (watching on mute) at reduced quality levels has helped.

What an epic fail - Jio!

Summed up perfectly.
Attached Thumbnails
The Football Thread-whatsapp-image-20221120-23.12.53.jpg  

Last edited by Eddy : 20th November 2022 at 23:13.
Eddy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th November 2022, 23:39   #2211
Senior - BHPian

FIFA World Cup 2022 unleashes

The Football Thread-20221120_233854.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 10:02   #2212
BHPian

It has been an interesting start to the World Cup. I managed to catch the opening ceremony. It was a damp squib to say the least. It was more a cultural fest than celebrating football. Morgan's baritone dint do much to the entire show. I also heard that a lot of stars had refused to perform in Qatar due to human violation issues - Rod Stewart, Shakira, Dua Lipa et al.

Viacom's match coverage was absolutely pathetic. The anchors had no sense of what they were talking about and the star panel was gasping. Everything was around Messi, Mbabe, Kane, Ronaldo and Neymar. Boy, looks like the anchors did not have an aorta of football sense. And why refer to it as soccer ? The entire world barring USA, Australia and Canada know it as football. And the background score during the show - my God, would you please let up. We have heard the music once and that is more than sufficient. It was a complete waste of time and a mockery of such a great and prestigious event

Coming to the first match, i am not too sure why the anchors were pandering to Qatar. The Ecuadorians were on the chase from the moment go. It looked like they were hungry while the Qatarians were challenged by their inner demons and the pressure from public and the larger football association. Hosts have not lost their opening match seemed to be chanted across the world and Qatar succumbed to this pressure. Ball posession was much lesser and the attempts towards the goal too was much lesser. Strangely, Ecuador stalled the momentum in second half and was happy in defense.

Waiting to see the biggies come out in the heat
subraiyr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 10:19   #2213
Distinguished - BHPian

I also noticed the buffering issue. Tried switching the quality to "Auto", "Good" but nothing helped.

Here's a walk around. In the cam setting, select the second option from the top (don't remember the name). That worked and streamed well.

I used it on the Firestick.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 18:48   #2214
BHPian

I still have the frame freeze for a sec and jumping to next frame in today's match too. Seems I am not alone. Twitter is full of complaints still.

The cam icon that was there yesterday to select multi cam itself is not there today

Edit: Spoke too soon. Restarted the app and got the cam icon. Selecting the Extended Stadium Feed (second option) has restored sanity.

Last edited by thanixravindran : 21st November 2022 at 18:53.
Old 22nd November 2022, 13:30   #2215
BHPian

The "Extended Stadium Feed" works well, as others have pointed. It puts a label on the top left of screen, but small enough to be ignored.

When I first heard they will stream using JioCinema, I had installed the app about a week back, but that version did not work. Updating it resolved the issues.

Do not click on the first "Watch" or "Play" of the livestream when you open the app. Instead, start one of the other 5 feeds below it, one of them is English. In that, change to ESF camera using the icon. It gives a clearer picture and better sound.

Couple of issues I found are
- the pause controls do not work after the camera is set.
- some minor transcoding issues, once a while there is a frame drop (visible if you set native refresh rate to 60 Hz only).

The tournament seems to be gaining momentum alright. Yesterday's matches were all quite good, even IRA ending 4 goals behind exposed the questionable defence of ENG. SEN vs NED too was impressive from both sides (the Dutch is playing a WC after 8 years).

The World Cup does not disappoint, as usual, once the games begin

Last edited by mayukh42 : 22nd November 2022 at 13:35.
Old 22nd November 2022, 15:00   #2216
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
How come this thread is so silent when WC is going to start within few hours from now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Exactly. I also feel the festive vibe is missing this time.
Not sure if it’s the timing of the tournament, location, or both – the buzz clearly seems to be missing. It’s the third day after kick-off and the last two pages of discussion are mainly about streaming services and their related issues (e.g., buffering)

England looked pretty good against Iran yesterday.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 15:31   #2217
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,
Can someone help with the key matches that should not be missed? If not for the entire league rounds, at least for the next week or two. Will be helpful for football novices like me.
Old 22nd November 2022, 16:03   #2218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
key matches that should not be missed
MEX vs POL
ARG vs MEX
FRA vs DEN
ESP (Spain) vs GER
POR vs URU
BRA vs SUI (Swiss)
POL vs ARG
CRO vs BEL

are the ones to not miss, apart from the last matches in each group (which will often decide the round of 16), however, it is the WC so there might be surprises in others too, we never know
mayukh42 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 16:48   #2219
BHPian

Argentina getting a reality check? 2 goals back to back by Saudi. That is really sloppy defence from Argentina.
Old 22nd November 2022, 17:08   #2220
BHPian

They could have been better with their runs. Three offiside goals in one half is too much. I was also not that convinced with the way they were defending. There were many loose balls and passes.

PS - Going by how this is transpiring, Arg Vs Saudi is also a key match

Last edited by vamsi.kona : 22nd November 2022 at 17:10.
vamsi.kona is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed