Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2008, 22:06   #301
Senior - BHPian

yaay !! Man U put in the 2nd goal !! And what a free kick by Hargreaves.

What a match - absolutely rocking so far ! 15 minutes to go !!
Old 13th April 2008, 22:55   #302
Senior - BHPian

That very much seals the fate of the EPL! The title's gonna stay at Old Trafford!!

Go Red Devils!!
Old 14th April 2008, 12:00   #303
BHPian

Yes, in all probability Chelsea cannot catchup Man Utd even if they manage to beat them at Stamford Bridge later in the month. The Goal Difference of Man Utd is miles ahead of Chelsea.

It remains to be seen how the CHampions League unfolds now. The semi-finals beckon and I look forward to them.
Old 14th April 2008, 13:34   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
Yes, in all probability Chelsea cannot catchup Man Utd even if they manage to beat them at Stamford Bridge later in the month. The Goal Difference of Man Utd is miles ahead of Chelsea.
No way brother. There are two huge things to play for at Stamford Bridge.

One, Utd will win the league if they win their next two matches against Rovers and Chelsea. Imagine the feeling if we win the league at our main opposition's home ground. You can rub it in, to put it very gently.

Two, the proud home record that the Blues have is begging to be put to an end. We would like to be remembered as the one who put an end to it, just like we ended Arsenal's unbeaten 49-match run.

Come on boys! Lets do it and make another piece of history our own!!
Old 14th April 2008, 14:08   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
No way brother. There are two huge things to play for at Stamford Bridge.

One, Utd will win the league if they win their next two matches against Rovers and Chelsea. Imagine the feeling if we win the league at our main opposition's home ground. You can rub it in, to put it very gently.

Two, the proud home record that the Blues have is begging to be put to an end. We would like to be remembered as the one who put an end to it, just like we ended Arsenal's unbeaten 49-match run.

Come on boys! Lets do it and make another piece of history our own!!
Well said buddy. I did not think of this earlier. Just concerned about Man Utd bagging the title at the end of the day . But it would be nice to beat Chelsea at the Bridge and end their proud record. As you rightly said, rub it in.
Old 14th April 2008, 14:51   #306
Senior - BHPian

As with most United vs Arsenal matches, this one was a cracker as well. ManU have it sown up unless something dramatic happens at Blackburn.

Now, the only question remains..can they do the double?
Old 15th April 2008, 08:51   #307
BHPian

Chelsea have all but lost the final shot at the title. Wigan held them for a 1-1 draw at the Bridge. Avram Grant refuses to concede the title just yet Wonder what is left for him now!
Old 15th April 2008, 11:18   #308
Senior - BHPian

Funny stuff here - We all know how the United penalty knocked Arsenal out of the title race. But this pic out here is one of the most hilarious forwards that I have recieved.

When William Gallas used his hand (after Adebayor had used his to score) there were a bunch of players on the field who appealed for handball.. but any guesses who raised his hand 1st ? Its Arsenal's man of the season - Emmanuel Eboue LOL!!
Attached Thumbnails
The Football Thread-63yy6yomiyt4b51ktlb.jpg  

Old 15th April 2008, 11:33   #309
Senior - BHPian

Yes, even I noticed that in the replay, I guess the defender (Ebou) was appealing for a Off side....
Old 23rd April 2008, 12:07   #310
Senior - BHPian

The Anfield leg turned out to be a boring game with neither side playing any exciting football. Riise will be kicking himself for heading in that last minute own goal. Advantage Chelsea, gift wrapped by Riise.
Old 23rd April 2008, 12:24   #311
BHPian

I can't wait for the Utd-Barca game tonight. Can't concentrate on work at all. God, please move the clock quickly to 12:15 AM, Thursday IST.

In all probability, this game should be a cracker. Two teams which boast of some of the most talented players the game has ever seen, and who play the game in the right spirit; no boring, cagey stuff we saw at Anfield. I am sure we will see even more of that at Stamford Bridge.
Old 23rd April 2008, 12:39   #312
BHPian

Yes dude. I deliberately missed last night's match and going by the report on Soccernet, I guess I did a good thing. 1-1 boring, cagey draw at Anfield.

Tonite's should be a cracker. Its at Nou Camp, right? Kill Barca before they visit Old Trafford
Old 24th April 2008, 10:29   #313
BHPian

A rather boring draw at the Nou Camp. But United will take the result to Old Trafford happily. Ronaldo missed a penalty in the second minute! However, no damage done at Nou Camp. United will win at Old Trafford.
Old 24th April 2008, 10:47   #314
Senior - BHPian

Missed this game!!! There was some problem with the cablewalla...hope to watch the next one though
Old 24th April 2008, 11:22   #315
Team-BHP Support

I missed the game as well. Somehow these late night games i usually seem to miss. :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks