Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2011, 20:18   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Behram Dhabhar moves from M&M to ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
I would like a Safari, with
- 4x4
- ABC
- Options like Differential Locks, LSD, Front and Rear Guard, Winch etc.
- Larger wider tyres - 265/17 to give better GC
- Of course, AC & Heater
- Rear Wiper & Defroster
- Lowest Trim Level with none of these extra gizmos :
. ICE
. Rain Censors
. Steering mounted controls
. Cruise control
In short a 4x4 with minimum frills and maximum off road credentials. Hope Behram Dhabhar can pull this off.
this is what he wanted to do with Thar.

i think its a really good package @ 7L with AC & BIG AT tyres.

but lets wait for his next offering.

BTW its a post.
jeepster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2011, 20:43   #92
Senior - BHPian

"In the end..there is no end"

Keep it up Sirji. Never burn out.
Old 16th September 2011, 23:47   #93
BHPian

Dear Sir,
It was an honour to see, listen and feel you in our day long session at ARAI. I thought I was an automobile enthusiast till I met you. You have made me realize that I am just at the first level of this religion and I still have to go up to the observable and actionable levels. It was inspiration I was seeking from you but got much more in the bargain. If confidence can be given another name I would call it BEHRAMISM. Although most of us bewildered after the question and answer session, after a day of thought it has sunk into me that this is the only way you get things done. I am your fan for life sir.
I just wish that you dont run into any chukku chukku s and chikki chikki s at TATA and hope to see more beasts like the THAR wearing the TATA badge in the future. As you always say In the end there is no end.

Revving away at 19000 rpm
Deepak.
DReddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2011, 07:05   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
So his new office is in ERC pune? I do not think any other manufacturer in India have such set up like ERC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
He will be posting soon as he is slowly settling down. I am not empowered to post that info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post
Whatever little I have observed ( about Him ) , this man is not going to sit back quiet .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
M&M's loss is now TATA's Gain.
In spite of all the long wait by his fans, why is BD opening up? Even his close ones are mum. BDji we are eagerly waiting.We are ready to wait for another wonderful product with your stamp of class.
Old 17th September 2011, 08:13   #95
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

BD Sir is FIATian first and then an off-roader. So he is active in all our FIAT threads and I guess he is very busy to start off with off-roading related postings.

All the best Sirji.
Old 18th September 2011, 21:02   #96
BHPian

Congrats Behram Sir . Hopefully TATA;s will not only make excellent improvement by havinga a person like you in their R & D division but also show those improvement ( quality wise and less niggling issues ) in their product portfolio 's .
Old 19th July 2012, 09:58   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I have a feeling we'll be seeing a modified Nano, powered by a large 4 cylinder engine for a 0 - 100 of <6 seconds, zipping around Pune soon . And in the backwoods of Lonavla, a poor Sumo 4x4 will be put through an offroad test it ain't ever seen before.

Congratulations Behram! I wish you the very best. Hats off to your excitement & energy levels, which are akin to a fresh graduate starting his first job. Don't think Mr. Dhabhar has the words slowdown or retirement in his dictionary
Dear DB Sir, I was just hunting for some 4X4 TATA Sumo which the dealers down south denied even as an existent thingie.Though THAR is the thing to be in, for family reasons, I'm checking out Force Motors and TATAs. Are you already into some plan already to launch a mighty 4X4 in the lines of reliable Sumo for the common masses
Old 19th July 2012, 14:59   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEHU View Post
Dear DB Sir, I was just hunting for some 4X4 TATA Sumo which the dealers down south denied even as an existent thingie.Though THAR is the thing to be in, for family reasons, I'm checking out Force Motors and TATAs. Are you already into some plan already to launch a mighty 4X4 in the lines of reliable Sumo for the common masses
5 or 6 years back, I have myself seen 2 Sumo 4x4 testing in the back hills of Lonavala/Mulshi/Pawne!! Especially on a route uphill near Dharmendras property, where even we went to inspect a big plot of land in a Gypsy with 4 wheels engaged. And I was told they have been coming there every few days for testing. I am surprised they have not launched it. Maybe this was done for the army business.
Old 19th July 2012, 16:24   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEHU View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
5 or 6 years back, I have myself seen 2 Sumo 4x4 testing in the back hills of Lonavala/Mulshi/Pawne!! Especially on a route uphill near Dharmendras property, where even we went to inspect a big plot of land in a Gypsy with 4 wheels engaged. And I was told they have been coming there every few days for testing. I am surprised they have not launched it. Maybe this was done for the army business.

4 X 4 Sumo's are very much in sale. The market mainly is the North east (and some parts of north too). You can check with any of the north east dealers and know about its pricing and sales figures too if necessary.
These are in addition to the Defence requirement and sold for civilians.

All the best for your hunt.

Hope D.B Sir is listening to this. We need a more refined and reliable 4 X 4 Sumo(or what ever you want to name it as) Sir!.
Old 18th May 2015, 18:35   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear all - guys, as we progress in life, we need to make conscious decisions and act on them. I am delighted to inform you that within the next few days, I will be moving into my new and extremely interesting / challenging job role in a very major automobile manufacturing company in India. I will be working with new colleagues on new and different / exciting products (WOW!).Behram Dhabhar
Congratulations on the move Behram Ji.. I may buy a Tata yet.. despite swearing off them after a less than satisfactory prospective customer experience at a showroom in Delhi back in 2001.

Trying to PM you for some personal inputs but your inbox seems full.
Old 19th May 2015, 09:59   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Congratulations on the move Behram Ji.. I may buy a Tata yet.. despite swearing off them after a less than satisfactory prospective customer experience at a showroom in Delhi back in 2001.

Trying to PM you for some personal inputs but your inbox seems full.
Dear Manish - I have emptied my inbox, please send me your mail. Also, please include your mobile number, I need to speak to you.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 19th May 2015, 12:22   #102
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if I was the only one, but, when I say the email notice of m_upreti's post, I thought our dear Behram has now moved out of TATA!

Thank God I did not post a congratulatory mail before checking out the quoted post. :P
Old 19th May 2015, 12:24   #103
Team-BHP Support

Note from Support: It's been a while since Behram moved, so the thread has served its purpose. Hence closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks