Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2006, 02:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
how much is the O2 atom for ?? and how much is the O2 mini for and how much is the normal O2 for.im really interested.
i think the ATOM IS FOR 36-38 so thats way out of my budget.what about the other two ??

Rev
The Atom cannot possibly be for Rs.36-38k...for that kind of money one would get the mini-laptop JASJAR from iMate (less, actually).

The Atom has a decent camera, FM Radio, WiFi, expandable storage, and with a decent set of headphones and a 1gb mini-SD card can become your default music player as well.

I have used PocketPC Phones for more than 4 years now and can vouch for the fact that they are now very stable, except the Windows Mobile5 on the JASJAR 3G phone(which is being addressed through a new firmware upgrade now). If you have a budget of about 25k, these are the things you should look to pick up when you go abroad. As for the rest of the usual Nokia-vokia stuff you can get it cheaper in India - no need to shop at Singapore for those.

The Treo, IMHO is simply not up there with the PocketPC phones in terms of usability. I would suggest the UIQ platforms (SE P900/910 and Motorola A1xxx series) over the Palms.

As for support, there is very little you need by way of support except for Firmware upgrades which are available for download on the web, either on the official O2 sites or even at forums such as www.xda-developers.com

The number of Pocket PC applications available either for free or in the market are incredibly larger than applications for any other platforms. Symbian and Palm software are usually NEVER free.
Old 4th February 2006, 02:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

hey steeroid
thanx for the very informative post.i checked up and the O2 atom isnt available of the shelf and has to be ordered and that guy told me it would cost about that much as it will have to be ordered individually.

so as you said if i have a budget of about 20 - 25 what would you suggest ? basically i need a very good cam good speaker large upgradable memory.i could do without an O2 its just that i feel its got agood cam.what about the nokia (forgot the model no.) th wide screen one. howz that ??

rev
Old 4th February 2006, 10:24   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hey steeroid
thanx for the very informative post.i checked up and the O2 atom isnt available of the shelf and has to be ordered and that guy told me it would cost about that much as it will have to be ordered individually.

so as you said if i have a budget of about 20 - 25 what would you suggest ? basically i need a very good cam good speaker large upgradable memory.i could do without an O2 its just that i feel its got agood cam.what about the nokia (forgot the model no.) th wide screen one. howz that ??
rev
The 9500??? Dont go near it! The Nokia OS is so slow you need to do everything yesterday if you dont want to be left behind. In terms of user friendliness its the worst among PDA-phones.

Having used a Motorola A1000 I would gladly recommend one - got a good camera and good sound, stable OS, some free applications out on the web and very few stability issues. But then Motorola is a bit like Hyundai in terms of perception - some people think its simply not hot enough, no matter what it does.

The SE walkman phones are all available in India, so no reason for you to buy them from S'pore.

Also check out the Eten M600 pocketPC phone while you are there - its better than the Atom and cheaper.
Old 4th February 2006, 21:20   #19
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Cam Compare

Quote:
but if Slk says that he feels the mini cam is not even as good as the 3230.i dont know what to do as one of the main reasons for getting an O2 is for a good cam.by the way in what way do you feel its bad/not as good ??
I got both O2 mini (limited edition) and 3230.... and just clicked pics in at same time.. same location (can't get any scenery at night)

NIGHT mode
3230---------------------------------O2 Mini

Auto/Normal mode
3230---------------------------------O2 Mini

now you can compare yourself....
Old 4th February 2006, 21:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

The O2 Mini/imate JAM camera sucks big time despite being rated at 1.3 mp. If your primary reason for going for it is the camera, stay away.

The O2 Atom supposedly has new camera software and is rated at 2 mp. See a review here:

http://www.mtekk.com.au/browse/page1139.html

or here

http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/handhel...095540p,00.htm

Last edited by Steeroid : 4th February 2006 at 21:39.
Old 4th February 2006, 21:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

how much will i get the O2 atom for in singapore or malaysia ?? any other nokia/SE phones with a good camera which can be considereed

rev
Old 4th February 2006, 22:06   #22
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I've heard that lightly used mobiles are darn cheap in S'pore.
How far is it true??
Old 4th February 2006, 23:30   #23
Senior - BHPian

how is the k750i.i know its got a 2.0 mp cam but does it have upgradable memory ?? and hows the sound qualiity.any idea how much it is for ??

rev
Old 5th February 2006, 01:45   #24
BHPian

Got to High Street Centre. Its next to Funan centre on North Bridge Rd. Here there are mostly wholesale guys(mostly indians). Will sell one piece in retail too. Best prices in Singapore. Abt 20% cheaper than Mustafa.
Old 5th February 2006, 11:30   #25
Senior - BHPian

Also check out Niranjan's at Little India.. no bargaining.. but rock bottom prices.. he is pretty famous there.. also check for digi cams..
Old 5th February 2006, 11:54   #26
BHPian

Yeah forgo abt Niranjans, he is pretty well priced too. He is on race course rd. Ask somebody at Mustafas and they will direct you there.
Old 7th February 2006, 19:19   #27
Senior - BHPian

Also try Lucky Plaza on Orchard street. But,make sure you bargain here.

X
Old 2nd March 2008, 18:11   #28
BHPian

hi guys,
know tht this thread is pretty old..but dont want to restart a new thread since its the same topic...
is it safe to buy some SIMLIM Square? man the digicam prices are pretty low and they bargain so not sure if its geninue stuff. canon tx1 for $ 385...thts almost 200$ less..
Old 21st November 2011, 10:54   #29
BHPian

Re: Buying mobiles from Singapore

Hey Guys.. i am going Singapore for a week is there any thing i can buy which is not available in India or its available but costly ?
Old 21st November 2011, 11:21   #30
Senior - BHPian

Re: Buying mobiles from Singapore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
Hey Guys.. i am going Singapore for a week is there any thing i can buy which is not available in India or its available but costly ?
Go enjoy your stay and dont bother spending on shopping, coz from my previous visit I realized that it aint all that profitable shopping there. At-least electronics weren't that cheap and was almost in par with the Indian prices.
You might want to visit Mustafa's and see if you can get a deal on something.Also en-route this place when you get off the MRT, there is this place called Niranjan's. Try this place coz you might get good deals on mobiles and digi cams.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks