Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2011, 10:34   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Help - RC lost by office

The dealer uses this as a double edged sword.
First he will gyp the seller, saying you've got a duplicate RC.
and funnily enough, when he's selling, he will use the same thing when selling, turned completely over,"duplicate RC only means that the 1st copy was lost!"

When selling, if someone, dealer or individual tries this, tell them to go to hell.
its a cheap enough tactic to bring the price down, rather than negotiate based on genuine things like condition etc.

its like you go and buy bananas, "bhaiyya, this one is bent too much!reduce the price!"....if the seller knows his bananas, guess what....
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2011, 13:28   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Neither this thread nor this discussion is going anywhere!
I think the discussion and the thread is perfectly in sync.

The OP has opened a thread because of lost RC and now he will get a duplicate.

He is worried a duplicate RC will fetch him a lesser resale value.

We are telling him in a genuine case it is not.
Old 23rd June 2011, 14:34   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
See even you are free to make sweeping statements without knowing whether I actually do. So we are even-stevens

So you feel better just because you were quoted does not mean you are any of that. LOL!! If you think its something you don't get confirm on PM or a post here before jumping the gun. I would prefer to avoid your posts from now on.

Oh and I thanked your post for the word "supercilious". I liked it and have added it to my vocabulary

I had a doubt due to your statements, are you a car dealer? because its not very common to see people striking deals with duplicate RCs knowing that they might be suspect and you seem to know that even more. And you still go on and crack deals on that. Gets me thinking..

How difficult is it to verify that? I can do it by a good check. And I am no dealer.

See the problem with all this is a person's tendency to get the best deal and the unscrupulous dealers feed on that.

About stolen cars, how many on this forum have bought one?

Not everyone is a buyer for a stolen car. You and me are never the target for such deals. I have seen enough used car deals to come up with this. A stolen car will not be sold to any random individual. Trust me.

Then again how difficult is it to make this out? However good the job maybe. I have seen umpteenth rebuild Jeeps to say that statement.

If I am a seller and I have a clean car I wont sell it to the buyer who quotes less just because the RC is duplicate. I don't deal with car dealers.

PS: The BOLD text is to confirm that what I say are facts LOL!! Anyone is free to take me on it.
I actually did not want to respond to you and I understand now why people take offense at your posts. Go ahead and think what you want about me and what I do for a living, not that I give a damn.
I will state very simply that "Having a duplicate RC will reflect on your resale value", however this is applicable more to newer cars and not to jeeps that are 25 years old!!!
Jeez!!!!! Some people!!!!!
Old 23rd June 2011, 14:49   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb View Post
I actually did not want to respond to you and I understand now why people take offense at your posts.
Ah you form opinions about another person by a non visual medium. No wonder you always look at negative aspects. I have made even more friends then the ones who don't like my posts. Jeez people!!! LOL!!

Quote:
I give a damn.
Oh my world is going to end now

Quote:
I will state very simply that "Having a duplicate RC will reflect on your resale value", however this is applicable more to newer cars and not to jeeps that are 25 years old!!!
Give us facts Saar? Why is it so? There is no logic to it. We believe in data please provide it before stating something as if one is the ultimate authority on this subject. And believes no questions should be asked.

Quote:
Jeez!!!!! Some people!!!!!
See there are people - Who ask questions if you don't have answers say so. Its perfectly fine not to be a know all. I am one.

Live and Learn man. Live and Learn
Old 23rd June 2011, 15:00   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, nobody cares. Please take this offline.

Victor, the post by VW2010 is probably what your admin guys should be doing. Please ask them to procure a duplicate RC for you and initiate the formal transfer of ownership. Even assuming teh "worst case" of you ending up with a RC book/smartcard that says "duplicate", whenever you intend to sell the car just tell the prospective buyer the truth- that you bought the car from your company and some idiot in admin misplaced the original papers. Am sure people are that reasonable. Also if selling to a dealer prepare to hear the most amazing stories as to why your car is worth less than you think it is! That's just the way the market works- and this should not stop you from going ahead with your plan.
But letting the status quo stnd is not an option. Original papers are the first thing that are demanded if you ever (God forbid) get involved in an accident or other police/RTO matter. SO why risk it?
Old 23rd June 2011, 15:09   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Victor, the post by VW2010 is probably what your admin guys should be doing. Please ask them to procure a duplicate RC for you and initiate the formal transfer of ownership.
I agree with noop here. Just get the admin guys working on this.
I do think that your concern at the moment is this may delay the resale of your car and/ or you may lose the prospective customer. If this is the case, it may be better to tell them upfront that the admin dept in your company is working on this and it will take some time. It may not be so simple if this offer is through a dealer.
Old 9th May 2013, 10:25   #37
Senior - BHPian

Lost my car's RC...What do to now?

I misplaced my i10's RC somewhere and now wondering what to do. We use this car very sparingly so the RC was kept at home and taken whenever the car is used but today I didn't find the RC.

This car is purchased from Malwa Hyundai, Kundli but registered from Delhi by a Hyundai dealer agent - DL 8C. This is registered under my brother's name and he lives outside Delhi (if that causes any issue for duplicate RC request)

Please guide me how I can get a duplicate RC issued? Procedure etc? And how much time this will take?
Old 9th May 2013, 10:38   #38
BHPian

Re: Lost my car's RC...What do to now?

I think at the outset you need to file a police complaint about the lost RC. Then you need to create an affidavit from a lawyer about the lost RC and after this you will be issued a duplicate RC. This is the process that I knew some time back. I am not really aware of the recent changes in the procedure.
Old 9th May 2013, 11:03   #39
BHPian

We lost one of our motorcycles in Hyderabad. The procedure here is simple.

Register a FIR
Submit the FIR and a xerox copy of your existing RC along with the application in the RTO where the vehicles is registered
Provide address proof /ID proof / any other documents requested

Infact at this stage we transferred the bike on another persons name as it was sold.
Old 9th May 2013, 11:22   #40
BHPian

Hi bluevolt,

As per Delhi Government website, here are the steps to be followed:
  • Application on form 26 (in duplicate and with the endorsement from the financier of Hypothecated).
  • Original copy of the F.I.R/N.C.R.
  • Attested copy of valid insurance policy.
  • Attested copy of pollution under control certificate.
  • Attested copy of address proof.
  • Prescribed fee.
  • Challan clearance from traffic police & Enforcement wing Transport Department.
  • Tax clearance from Accounts Department in commercial vehicles.
Source: http://delhigovt.nic.in/newdelhi/dep...sport/tr10.asp

All the best!

Cheers!
Irish
Old 23rd September 2013, 13:15   #41
Senior - BHPian

Re: Help - RC Book Lost!

I am unable to find my Swift's RC card!! And unbelievably, managed to misplace the tax receipt as well. Both were kept in the same location , but I am unable to find them now.
I searched high and low , and found proper papers for all 5 of the 6 vehicles we have , from out 1980s Luna (MJE registered) to the second most recent purchase , a HH Pleasure.

The procedure to get a duplicate RC is mentioned on the Pune RTO Webpage , but what I want to know is , can I get an agent to do the running around for me ?

I have a copy of the RC Card and insurance and the Car's original invoice and the dealer's receipt detailing the registration and tax also.
Old 23rd September 2013, 14:54   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
The procedure to get a duplicate RC is mentioned on the Pune RTO Webpage , but what I want to know is , can I get an agent to do the running around for me ?
I think you can. Just speak to one of the driving school guys. As long as the car is in your name and not hypothecated to a bank for a loan etc. If that is the case, you may have to make a few trips to the bank too.

if you mention you have a swift you may get a discount. go with gold rimmed 'roy bans' and a white shirt.
Old 19th October 2013, 13:17   #43
BHPian

Hi Guys ,

I had lost my original Registration Certificate of my bike in 2008 . Applied for a duplicate and managed to get a Duplicate RC. In 2010 I found my original RC in one of my old bags and was happy and kept it safe. I stopped using my bike since 2009 and was kept in my garage ever since . Recently I realized my bike is due for a re-registration and seeing its condition I am sure it will fail so decided to re-store my bike. Now here come the catch , I am not able to find my duplicate RC and I very well have my original safe with me. My question here is since I had applied for a duplicate RC would have my original RC been cancelled. I am really confused here whether to re-store my bike or not. Should I go to the RT office and report that I found my original one. Guys please do throw some light on this.

Last edited by anoopash : 19th October 2013 at 13:36. Reason: wrong sentence
Old 25th December 2013, 10:23   #44
BHPian

Lost the RC of my bike which is not yet transferred to my name

Hi Guys,

I had bought an RX100, when I was in college (10 years back) and the poor bike was still lying at my uncle's place. I was under the impression that it was sold off..

Now there is no RC copy or insurance for it. The last time I checked, the ownership was not transferred. Is there anyway to get a copy of it and transfer it to my name? I badly want to restore it. I have no contact with the previous owner!

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 25th December 2013, 10:43   #45
Senior - BHPian

Re: Lost the RC of my bike which is not yet transferred to my name

The first thing you can try is to contact the RTO and see if you can locate the previous owner and then get him to sign the transfer papers over to you. This may be tedious work but it's the best option.
vikram_d is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks