Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2013, 10:47   #46
BHPian

Re: Lost the RC of my bike which is not yet transferred to my name

There is nothing that can be done AFAIK.

RXs are police magnets in Chennai and without papers be ready to get into trouble.

The only way is to trace the owner, get a duplicate RC in his name and then get it transferred in your name.

My friend got transferred to north and he wanted to take his bike along with him. We submitted all the documents @ Anna nagar, Chennai RTO and we were told that it would take at least 3 days to get the NOC and since he was supposed to leave on the 2nd day, he had given an authorization letter requesting the RTO to hand over the NOC along with the RC to me.

I went to the RTO after 5 days to get NOC and RC. They declined to hand it over to me as there was a signature mismatch in the authorization letter, all my attempts to get those back were futile and my friend returned to chennai after 3 months to the documents.

The best part was, Even after 3 months they did not provide the NOC stating that they smelled foul play. They appraised my friend about the situation. After some heavy negotiations and arguments, he got the NOC and RC in 2 days.

Good thing was initially me and my friend visited the RTO together to submit the documents. Some RTO officials recognized me and were not harsh on me. Otherwise if we had kept pestering them, protocol was to inform police.

There was NO BRIBERY involved and I would not say they were helful but end of day(actually 3 months) we got what we wanted legally.
katchkamalesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2013, 12:42   #47
BHPian

Re: Lost the RC of my bike which is not yet transferred to my name

I would suggest you to approach the RTO office and meet the RTO personally and narrate him the entire sequence of events. He will certainly provide you with a solution. In case, you are unable to trace the original owner, the other route to transfer the ownership could be affidavit in front of a magistrate and also newspaper (one national and one local) notice where you can give one month notice to the original owner to come forward and file objections (if any) for transfer of ownership in your name. I am sure this will help.
Old 26th September 2014, 01:16   #48
the-mechanic

An Unusual & Grave Problem

I am in a big mess. I bought an RX100 from a seller in Koti, Hydbad, a second hand motorcycle market. The bike was in the name of a person X with whom I have no contact whatsoever. I took the papers and gave it to an agent at an RTO to get it transferred to my name and get a Bangalore NOC. Now that fool lost the original RC and I didnt even take a xerox because of my own foolishness. So there is no way to get a duplicate made as it is in X's name and not mine and I have no xerox, nor does the seller.

The only option I think I am left with is to get the papers of a scrapped KA based RX and get the engine chassis numbers stamped. If anyone in Bangalore could help me if you or your mechanics have RX100 papers lying about just in case, it would be really helpful!!

Also if you think there is any other solution, please do let me know!

Old 26th September 2014, 07:45   #49
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-mechanic View Post
Now that fool lost the original RC and I didnt even take a xerox because of my own foolishness. So there is no way to get a duplicate made as it is in X's name and not mine and I have no xerox, nor does the seller.
I guess the RTO should be able to issue a duplicate RC. Do go to the RTO to which the bike is registered with the seller from Koti and get a duplicate once using the engine / chassis number. The guys at RTO can get the details of the previous owner.

Anurag.
Old 26th September 2014, 08:21   #50
the-mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I guess the RTO should be able to issue a duplicate RC. Do go to the RTO to which the bike is registered with the seller from Koti and get a duplicate once using the engine / chassis number. The guys at RTO can get the details of the previous owner.

Anurag.

I forgot to add, the bike is in Bangalore and getting it back is next to impossoble right now. Also I enquired about this at the RTO (Khairatabad), they said they need the original owners signatures!

Old 26th September 2014, 08:26   #51
Senior - BHPian

Re: An Unusual & Grave Problem

Get in touch with the seller and with the person whose name is on the RC.

Ask them to sign an affidavit citing that the said bike is sold to you and RC is lost and they have no issues giving you the "go-ahead" to apply for a duplicate one.

This will be time and energy sapping but no other go AFAIK.
Old 26th September 2014, 09:19   #52
Senior - BHPian

It's not an unusual or grave problem.
There is always a work around like mentioned in the posts above. I would consider this grave because getting a simple work done at the RTO is time consuming and hard work, so you can guess the amount of running around and waiting you need for this.
Old 26th September 2014, 09:44   #53
BHPian

Re: An Unusual & Grave Problem

Quote:
I am in a big mess. I bought an RX100 from a seller in Koti, Hydbad, a second hand motorcycle market. The bike was in the name of a person X with whom I have no contact whatsoever. I took the papers and gave it to an agent at an RTO to get it transferred to my name and get a Bangalore NOC. Now that fool lost the original RC and I didnt even take a xerox because of my own foolishness. So there is no way to get a duplicate made as it is in X's name and not mine and I have no xerox, nor does the seller.

The only option I think I am left with is to get the papers of a scrapped KA based RX and get the engine chassis numbers stamped. If anyone in Bangalore could help me if you or your mechanics have RX100 papers lying about just in case, it would be really helpful!!

Also if you think there is any other solution, please do let me know!
As suggested by Aditya, run behind the owner and get the paperwork done. You will need plenty of time, energy and patience.

Else, book your losses (and learn from your mistakes) and pick up another bike and use this as a donor bike.

P
Old 26th September 2014, 13:28   #54
the-mechanic

Like I said guys, I am not in touch with the owner nor is the seller. We have no idea where he is. Koti is place where you sell your bike, give your papers and go. Someone comes and buys it from the sellers in Koti. The buyer and the original seller have no means of contact other than the seller in Koti and in my case, the seller doesnt know the whereabouts of the original seller.

Old 26th September 2014, 13:46   #55
Senior - BHPian

Re: Help - RC Book Lost!

Quote:
Like I said guys, I am not in touch with the owner nor is the seller. We have no idea where he is. Koti is place where you sell your bike, give your papers and go. Someone comes and buys it from the sellers in Koti. The buyer and the original seller have no means of contact other than the seller in Koti and in my case, the seller doesnt know the whereabouts of the original seller.
You can get the original seller's details from the RTO. Take it from there if you are keen to retain the bike and avoid any hassles.
Old 3rd February 2015, 15:12   #56
BHPian

I have lost my RC book and need to sell my vehicle.
- What is the process to getting a new RC book in bangalore ?
- If I am forced to sell my vehicle without RC book, what are the other docuements that will be required additionally
Old 3rd February 2015, 15:49   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
I have lost my RC book and need to sell my vehicle.
- What is the process to getting a new RC book in bangalore ?
- If I am forced to sell my vehicle without RC book, what are the other docuements that will be required additionally
General procedure is to file FIR and with that you could approach RTO to get the duplicate RC. I'm not sure about the procedure to sell any vehicle without RC.
Old 8th November 2019, 00:30   #58
BHPian

Scooter registration

Hi,

We have my grandfather's 1994 Bajaj chetak at home. It's registration got expired in 2009. Since then no one cared for extending the registration. Now I want to restore the scooter but having some confusing issues in paperwork.
1. Papers got lost, i.e. original RC book got lost, although I have a scanned copy of RC book.
2. Parivahan website shows wrong name whereas official RC had correct name.
3. I want to transfer the scooter in my name as it's on my grandfather's name but now he's old and I absolutely love the scooter, so want to keep paperwork clean for coming years.
4. Currently needs a mechanic's touch.
5. Needs insurance and pollution certificate.
6. As RC expired in 2009, how much tax i need to pay for rc renewal.

How to go about the process?
Old 12th August 2020, 08:59   #59
BHPian

Hi, I seem to be facing a similar issue. My RC book seems to have been misplaced inside the house somewhere and the worst part is i do not have a copy of it. The insurance has expired and without the RC unable to renew the insurance too. how do I go about it.
Old 12th August 2020, 09:18   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshays View Post
Hi, I seem to be facing a similar issue. My RC book seems to have been misplaced inside the house somewhere and the worst part is i do not have a copy of it. The insurance has expired and without the RC unable to renew the insurance too. how do I go about it.
The old insurance would have the RC details, maybe you can extract the Car RC Card details to the Digilocker app and take a print of the same for insurance.

Also, there used to be an online App portal for filing complaints of items lost. File that and you'll get an acknowledgement. Use that along with the print from the Digilocker for now (as RC Card can be demanded incase if any traffic violation).

Apply for a new RC Card from the parivahan website.
WorkingGuru is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks