Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2020, 09:24   #61
Team-BHP Support

Re: Help - RC Book Lost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshays View Post
My RC book seems to have been misplaced inside the house somewhere.
Download app - mParivahan. Search by registration number and then download the RC after filling engine/ chassis number. It carries details of PUC and Insurance as well and is a legally acceptable document.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 10:18   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Download app - mParivahan. Search by registration number and then download the RC after filling engine/ chassis number. It carries details of PUC and Insurance as well and is a legally acceptable document.
Thanks a ton. I did that and see that the download is a QRcode, so how do I go about it now ? Pardon me for my ignorance.
Old 12th August 2020, 12:01   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a ton. I did that and see that the download is a QRcode, so how do I go about it now ? Pardon me for my ignorance.
Are you not able to view the RC details in the app? That is as good as the physical RC for most purposes. You can visit the RTO and get a duplicate RC at your convenience, post this pandemic perhaps.
Old 12th August 2020, 12:15   #64
BHPian

I am able to view the RC details, but when i download the same, a QR code gets downloaded
Old 12th August 2020, 12:25   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am able to view the RC details, but when i download the same, a QR code gets downloaded
You can view the RC details, those are available in the app, most likely even when you don't have access to Internet. I don't think you can download in PDF if that's what you need. Just show the details from the App to any official if he demands and you should be good. When you make an account, you can view all of your vehicles on the app and create a virtual DL.

Last edited by Turbanator : 12th August 2020 at 12:30.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 08:49   #66
BHPian

So I checked with Policybazaar and they declined to accept the parivaahan details citing the said app doesn’t store all details. This is their policy. Ridiculous
Old 20th October 2020, 15:46   #67
BHPian

Quote:
So I checked with Policybazaar and they declined to accept the parivaahan details citing the said app doesn’t store all details. This is their policy. Ridiculous
Hey,
Did you apply for the duplicate RC?
If yes then did you submit an affidavit along with the application because in my case, police needs one to give me FIR/report copy which is needed to be submitted to RTO for further procedure.

I have started the procedure to apply for a duplicate RC. An affidavit is needed along with other documents. I have purchased a 50/- stamp paper for the same. I am attaching one sample affidavit that I have typed as per my understanding. Any one who has knowledge on this can please help me change wordings or anything if required.

Thanks,
Chirag.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf sample affidavit for rc book lost.pdf (231.6 KB, 2656 views)
Old 21st February 2023, 10:34   #68
BHPian

Evening folks!

Car in question was bought in PY 01 in 2016 Dec.
NOC also issued during registration so that car can be re-registered in TS.

When time came for re-registration. An agent was employed to take care of the process. Who lost both RC and NOC and we just have a duplicate of the RC.

I think my first step is to get a duplicate RC.

These are the requirements listed on PY website for Duplicate RC.
What is IC and where can I find a list of valid IC.

Help - RC Book Lost!-screenshot-20230218-9.43.54-pm.png

1)What is the validity of an NOC?

2)Is there a way of getting a duplicate of the already issued NOC?

3)Do I have to issue a new NOC?

4)Is there any late fees/fine involved since I have taken NOC and not re-registered for so many years?

5)And the most important, Do I have to be in PY for this process at all?
Although I don't mind the idea of a road trip. I'd much rather do it in another car.

Any advice or help is appreciated.

thank you.
Old 21st February 2023, 13:35   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post
What is IC and where can I find a list of valid IC.

What is the validity of an NOC?

Is there any late fees/fine involved since I have taken NOC and not re-registered for so many years?

Do I have to be in PY for this process at all?

IC is insurance certificate, since this contains many of the relevant details, including engine and chassis numbers.

NOC is valid for six months. Not aware about getting duplicates of a 'lost' NOC.

If NOC is not used, it lapses and the 'current' registration remains valid. So your vehicle will remain registered under original documentation.

Personal presence differs from state to state. Would request someone from PY01 to respond to that.

Hope this helps.
Old 10th March 2023, 12:31   #70
BHPian

Bumping up an old thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Download app - mParivahan.
So the app is now called NextGen mParivahan on the App store (can confirm by checking if the developer is NIC).

Quote:
To get a pdf of the RC, you can make an account in Digilocker (Desktop or their app) which requires your aadhar number unlike mParivahan. Enter the vehicle details just as you did for the mParivahan app and can get a pdf of the RC downloaded.
Also, it doesn't matter whose name the RC is in. If you have the relevant vehicle details you can just download it.

Last edited by Iyencar : 10th March 2023 at 12:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks