Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2011, 10:58   #601
Team-BHP Support

re: The Heavy Metal & Rock Thread

Filth will be performing in Bangalore this weekend. Any of you'll coming down? If yes, then along with your black t-shirts, don't forget your rain-coats and wind-cheaters. It's crazy out there!
Old 23rd April 2011, 11:05   #602
BHPian

^ amp, am sure you meant KK and not Tipton.

Beyond the realms solo is one of the best in heavy metal (played by Glenn Tipton!)
Only way now to see Downing and Tipton headbanging in sync together is on dvd :(

@wolf, I have heard some tracks off Inflikted too but then Cavalera Conspiracy and Soulfly are way off the original Sepultura stuff (in terms of style and quality both!) Older Sepultura with that raw beastly death-thrash attack was something else.
Old 23rd April 2011, 12:01   #603
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Filth will be performing in Bangalore this weekend. Any of you'll coming down? If yes, then along with your black t-shirts, don't forget your rain-coats
and wind-cheaters. It's crazy out there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
^ amp, am sure you meant KK and not Tipton.

Beyond the realms solo is one of the best in heavy metal (played by Glenn Tipton!)
Only way now to see Downing and Tipton headbanging in sync together is on dvd :(

@Abay, Yes I did mean Tipton, In I fact the best Priest song with two guys in sync!
Hey which is the best DVD to have ? I have the electric eye, but was not that impressed with the production. Any thing else, especially where they play classics?

@Suhaas, Attending concerts is now history for me!

EDIT: Speaking of LIve Shows, what do you think are best live shows available in DVD?
(The best one may not have been recorded well!)

According to me:
Rock in Rio, Flight 666 (Maiden)
Pulse (Floyd)
Live at Budokan (DT)
Most G3 albums

Last edited by ampere : 23rd April 2011 at 12:16.
Old 23rd April 2011, 14:59   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
@wolf, I have heard some tracks off Inflikted too but then Cavalera Conspiracy and Soulfly are way off the original Sepultura stuff (in terms of style and quality both!) Older Sepultura with that raw beastly death-thrash attack was something else.
Same here. I couldn't listen to the entire album. It's just average. I saw Soulfly live in support of Slayer a few years ago. The crowd started chanting "Slayer" even before Soulfly completed their set. Agreed that the toughest thing for most bands to do is open for Slayer but even Soulfly is nothing close to old Sepultura. The early Sep albums have stood the test of time while soulfly and Cavalera Conspiracy are just trendy music.
Old 23rd April 2011, 15:17   #605
Senior - BHPian

Thing with comeback bands like Cavalera Conspiracy is that they will always be compared against their previous selfs.
If you ignore their "roots" then they are pretty good.
Old 23rd April 2011, 16:57   #606
BHPian

@amitoj

Have you heard Nailbomb? It was another one of Max's side projects. It kicks serious backside! Check it out.
Old 23rd April 2011, 18:07   #607
Senior - BHPian

Wolfheart, thanks! Will check it out. Been so long since i heard good metal that i will take anything these days!!
Old 24th April 2011, 11:24   #608
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Thing with comeback bands like Cavalera Conspiracy is that they will always be compared against their previous selfs.
If you ignore their "roots" then they are pretty good.
Very true.

Not exactly metal, but Soundgarden is slated to release a brand new album after nearly two decades! Apparently, they have adopted a new sound that is a departure from their grunge days. Would like to listen to that.

I'm sure some Soundgarden loyalists wouldn't approve of it.
Old 24th April 2011, 13:05   #609
Team-BHP Support

I think Chris Cornell is back with Sound Garden right?
Nothing like the original voice.
Old 24th April 2011, 16:45   #610
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I think Chris Cornell is back with Sound Garden right?
Nothing like the original voice.
Quite right.

After the stint at Audioslave and a couple of solo-albums that were utter commercial failures, Cornell is now back with Soundgarden. In fact, the rest of the members of Audioslave (Wilk, Morello and Commerford) have now shook hands with De La Rocha and are now back in RATM (Rage Against The Machine).
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2011, 15:07   #611
BHPian

I used to be a true blue metalhead and actually hated the whole grunge scene. The bands I hated the most were Pearl Jam and Stone Temple Pilots. However there were two exceptions - Alice in Chains and Soundgarden.

Cornell has a unique voice and I love Thayil's guitar playing. Good to hear that these guys are cutting a new album
Old 25th April 2011, 17:14   #612
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
I used to be a true blue metalhead and actually hated the whole grunge scene. The bands I hated the most were Pearl Jam and Stone Temple Pilots. However there were two exceptions - Alice in Chains and Soundgarden.

Cornell has a unique voice and I love Thayil's guitar playing. Good to hear that these guys are cutting a new album
Well..

I was hooked to Soundgarden the moment I started playing Road Rash on the old PC. Their music was brilliant IMO, and that's when I became a fan of grunge. Stone Temple Pilots, well, I don't like them as much as the others, but they aren't bad. Just OK. Soundgarden and Nirvana ruled the grunge scene, and Pearl Jam were good, but apart from a few songs, I never liked them much either.

Cornell is a vocal God, I'd say. A very strong and powerful voice is what gave Soundgarden, well.. their sound! I quite liked Cornell when he was at Audioslave. The three members from RATM + Cornell was a bit like metal meets grunge. It's sad that Audioslave disbanded, despite being commercially successful.
Old 25th April 2011, 17:34   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Quite right.

After the stint at Audioslave and a couple of solo-albums that were utter commercial failures, Cornell is now back with Soundgarden. In fact, the rest of the members of Audioslave (Wilk, Morello and Commerford) have now shook hands with De La Rocha and are now back in RATM (Rage Against The Machine).
WOW! RATM is back !! Battle of Los Angeles is among my all time best albums.
Old 25th April 2011, 19:34   #614
BHPian

Something to cherish for Metallica fans: Metallica to Play India in October | Rolling Stone India
Old 25th April 2011, 22:00   #615
Team-BHP Support

Yes at the least the news is confirmed. Heard it in NDTV just now!
But not sure where.

Last edited by ampere : 25th April 2011 at 22:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks