Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2019, 08:57   #1246
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Heavy Metal & Rock Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
The Dirt: Confessions of the World's Most Notorious Rock Band

This is a book written by Motley Crue members and NYT writer Neil Strauss.
It has now been released on Netflix as a movie.
Motley Crüe has always been my secret shame. Absolutely adore their music, even caught them live in Singapore once (the irony, I know! But that was their “clean” phase).

Thanks for the heads up! Just checked and “The Dirt” is very much on Netflix India as well. That 800/- a month keeps paying for itself!

Will watch over the weekend and post a review. Promises to be awesome.
Old 23rd March 2019, 09:47   #1247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
The Dirt: Confessions of the World's Most Notorious Rock Band
Didn't like the trailer all that much. Maybe the movie will be better i hope. Not a big fan of their music other than a few songs.
Old 23rd March 2019, 12:26   #1248
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched it this Saturday morning since one kid had to study for exams and another had Sports Day

It’s pretty true to life, scenes and events lifted right out the news footage at times, and executed to perfection.

Nothing is held back: the drugs, the sex, the violence, the Corabi phase, Vince’s accident & jailtime. Every band member is cast perfectly- Ramsey Bolton as the inscrutable Mick Mars is an act of genius.

If you love 80s Rock, you will love this movie. Makes me feel 15 again!

Must watch.
Old 27th May 2019, 12:31   #1249
Senior - BHPian

Chanced upon this gem on YT:

These guys got together and decide to remake Metallica's oft hated album, St.Anger

The results are just mind blowing. Hard riffs that are clear to hear and those drums!

See for yourself
Old 5th July 2019, 21:19   #1250
Team-BHP Support

The bards are working to release and Orchestral album : Legacy of the Dark Lands in November. Should be a release worth looking forward to.

Meanwhile after a long time I listened to their live album : Live from the Spheres.

Must say very well done and recording is superb. Even after 30 years, Hansi's voice remains as commanding as ever! (Content also streams on Spotify)
You listen to this content and then go back to Nightfall or Somewhere far Beyond like albums and you tend to think, has the singer even aged in his voice!

Brilliant!
Old 25th July 2019, 07:57   #1251
BHPian

"Whiskey in the Jar" is an Irish folk song which is popular in Ireland since 17th century. "Thin Lizzy" adopted it in 1972 and made it even more popular with their stellar version. This was their only hit song during their trio period with "Eric Bell" as their guitarist. Later, they become Quartet with their signature dual guitar attack. Enjoy...Raaj 🎧

P. S: This song was also covered by Metallica and Grateful Dead.

Old 25th July 2019, 13:23   #1252
Senior - BHPian

Not a big fan of thin lizzy except for a few songs...whisky in the jar, boys are back in town and the one he did with gary moore "out in the fields"

But these three are staple songs in my playlist and i like their take on whisky in the jar compared to the metallica version. More folksy and charming
Old 26th July 2019, 08:34   #1253
BHPian

" Truth and Janey" was very underrated and little known American band who played Hard edged Blues-Rock music Their music is pretty energetic and serves as perfect staples for my highway trips. This one was recorded in 1976. Enjoy... Raaj. 🎧

Old 30th July 2019, 08:45   #1254
BHPian

The Travelling Wilburys, a supergroup consists of Bob Dylan, George Harrison, Roy Orbison, Tom Petty and Jeff Lynne formed in 1988. Guess that's enough as introduction. Enjoy this debut song of them... Raaj. 🎧

Old 31st July 2019, 08:56   #1255
BHPian

"The Barbarians" were a short lived American Rock band who were popular with this song called "Are you a Boy or Are You a Girl" released in 1965. The lyrics of this song were reportedly based on the appearance of Mick Jagger, the lead singer of the Rolling Stones. Enjoy and have a great day... Raaj. 🎧

Old 31st July 2019, 19:54   #1256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildy View Post
The Travelling Wilburys, a supergroup consists of Bob Dylan, George Harrison, Roy Orbison, Tom Petty and Jeff Lynne formed in 1988. Guess that's enough as introduction. Enjoy this debut song of them... Raaj.

Yeah I enjoyed some of their songs. Always wanted to watch Tom Petty live. Alas.

Last edited by ampere : 31st July 2019 at 20:40. Reason: fixed quote tag
Old 1st August 2019, 14:20   #1257
BHPian

Cancer made him weak, but not his talent. Watch the orgasmic slide guitar solos and smokey vocals of the legendary "Chris Read".

Road to Hell Part 2 Studio Version. You should get goosebumps with this one.

Full Version including Part 1 & 2

Last edited by Wildy : 1st August 2019 at 14:25.
Old 1st August 2019, 16:36   #1258
Senior - BHPian

When that song pops up in my list in the car, i find myself turning up the volume

One of the great songs to drive with
Old 1st August 2019, 17:15   #1259
Distinguished - BHPian

There is a movement to revive the rock music scene in Kerala that is led by a group called the Rockers Kochi. The first event was held in Cochin in May but I unfortunately couldnt attend it. The second event was held a couple of days ago. I really enjoyed the whole event that had different bands performing. All the acts did a great job. The band Astra 13 performed songs from different artists including Queen and Deep Purple. The band Hexagon pulled off some good songs including AC DCs Big Jack IIRC. Exodus headlined the show and did a wonderful job in signing off the night on a high note.

The Heavy Metal & Rock Thread-20190730_213013_hdr.jpg
Exodus in action

The highlight of the night for me was Astra 13's performance of 13AD's Ground Zero. 13AD was a Cochin based band that were far, far ahead of their times and are one of those treasures of India's rock music scene. Its hard to believe that Ground Zero was released in 1990 which is almost 30 years ago!

Old 1st August 2019, 21:46   #1260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post

The highlight of the night for me was Astra 13's performance of 13AD's Ground Zero. 13AD was a Cochin based band that were far, far ahead of their times and are one of those treasures of India's rock music scene. Its hard to believe that Ground Zero was released in 1990 which is almost 30 years ago!
Ground Zero is one of my favourite songs. I still have the magnasound cassette

Good lyrics, good music and amazing vocals! They had that "whoa did we write this stuff??!!?!" moments with that song \m/

Been trying to get a CD of that but no luck thus far.

YouTube recommendations working overtime and this popped up:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks