These guys continue to amaze me \m/

What a voice!

Old 23rd August 2019, 17:05   #1277
BHPian

Re: The Heavy Metal & Rock Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Kryptos is back!

The gents from Bangalore are back with their new album.
Their new album is banging! I remember listening to them live back in the early 2000s. The Indian metal scene back then still revolved around doing covers. Good to see so much has changed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxster View Post
I recently got to see Ne Obliviscaris play live at Graspop 2019. Not sure I would term them as technical death metal, but they are definitely progressive. Very interesting to see those other instruments added into such heavy music!
Yeah, not technical death metal, progressive would be a better fit. These guys are amazing. And, lucky you, saw them live!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxster View Post
I like The Faceless & Psycroptic.
Oh man I love Authotheism!

Quote:
These guys continue to amaze me \m/
What a voice!
I was a big fan of early Slipknot. I remember buying a cassette of their first album and remember listening to it on repeat. Those were good days.
Old 23rd August 2019, 17:27   #1278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataclysm View Post
Their new album is banging! I remember listening to them live back in the early 2000s. The Indian metal scene back then still revolved around doing covers. Good to see so much has changed!
I actually preferred their previous album over this. But yes, they have been releasing some absolute gems.

Speaking of early Indian metal, have you listened to Millennium from Bangalore? My cousin had a tape and oh man did they rock! This was in the late 80s i think

Old 10th October 2019, 12:07   #1279
Senior - BHPian

U2 Seems to be coming to India for tour in Dec.
Old 10th October 2019, 12:12   #1280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
U2 Seems to be coming to India for tour in Dec.
Yeah. Also, S&M2 is being aired in movie halls this year. Should be a fabulous experience with the sound systems.
Old 11th October 2019, 09:29   #1281
Team-BHP Support

Ginger Baker RIP

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-49827436

White Room still remains one of my top picks for the road.
Old 28th November 2019, 22:52   #1282
Distinguished - BHPian

Liam Gallagher seems to be on a renaissance of sorts and his new songs have been nothing short of excellent. The abridged 27 minute MTV Unplugged concert is just amazing, in fact the full one hour version was also up on Youtube but seems to have been taken down. The Radio X concert at the Manchester's Ritz with former Oasis guitarist Bonehead is a must hear for old school Oasis fans.

Though I love his song "Once", I have to give my vote to "One of us" for its poignant lyrics that are aimed at his estranged brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
White Room still remains one of my top picks for the road.
The song has seen some recent popularity thanks to it appearing in the Joker.
Old 4th December 2019, 14:36   #1283
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
There is a movement to revive the rock music scene in Kerala that is led by a group called the Rockers Kochi. The first event was held in Cochin in May but I unfortunately couldnt attend it. The second event was held a couple of days ago. I really enjoyed the whole event that had different bands performing. All the acts did a great job. The band Astra 13 performed songs from different artists including Queen and Deep Purple. The band Hexagon pulled off some good songs including AC DCs Big Jack IIRC. Exodus headlined the show and did a wonderful job in signing off the night on a high note.
The 4th edition of the Kochi Rockers event called Decibals occurred yesterday at the Riverbourne Center in Thripunithara. This was the second time that I was able to attend the event. The evening started off with a lovely throwback performance by Eugene & Antony Isaacs. To say that they come from a family of very talented musicians would be an understatement and their many decades of performing on the big stage, shone through every song of the opening set.

The Heavy Metal & Rock Thread-pc030074-large.jpg

The Heavy Metal & Rock Thread-pc030089-large.jpg

The second band, Margarita, was a relatively new funk band (as in this was just their second gig) and once their first few songs were down, they really settled into their groove. The female vocalist, in particular, really got comfortable after the initial songs and the vocal range that she showcased towards the end was quite amazing. From a sum of individual parts they became a real band as they progressed and overall, I was quite impressed by them.

The Heavy Metal & Rock Thread-pc030094-large.jpg

The third band Element 5 was easily the highlight of the night. With seasoned band members and a good range of songs, they had the crowd in the palm of their hands. They started off with Van Halens Jump and even moved to Michael Jackson's Give In To Me. Great talents but that young guitarist Freddy is something else indeed. Ive seen a lot of talented guitarists but this kid has what we call God given talent.

The Heavy Metal & Rock Thread-pc030109-large.jpg

The Heavy Metal & Rock Thread-pc030106-large.jpg

The last band was Stage Truck which had a good mix of songs including Don Henley's The Boys of Summer.

The Heavy Metal & Rock Thread-pc030140-large.jpg
Compared to the second event, there were less artists this time but that meant that each band got more time to perform and shine. It wasnt completely perfect this time though. The bass guitarist for Margarita lost the sound to his guitar during a song which made him quite upset before it got fixed and Freddy also had some technical issues during the last song. The stage lighting was overdone (you can make out from the pictures) and if they toned it down a bit, it would only help the audience see the bands better.

But these minor issues aside, it was another memorable night of musical performances. Personally, I enjoyed the second event more than last night. But for an entry fee of only Rs 350, this is the steal of the year when you consider that you are getting nearly 3 hours of musical performances by so many different bands. If you are a music lover and are in town during one of these events, you wont find any better way to spend a Tuesday evening.
Old 17th January 2020, 10:00   #1284
Senior - BHPian

Metallica - S&M2 hitting INOX theaters tomorrow. Wish we had one here :(
Old 15th February 2020, 06:31   #1285
BHPian

RIP Sonam Sherpa. Sad to see such a talent plucked away at a young age. Will miss the melodic riffs
https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/www.f...42051.html/amp
Old 16th February 2020, 00:12   #1286
BHPian

Quote:
I actually preferred their previous album over this. But yes, they have been releasing some absolute gems.

Speaking of early Indian metal, have you listened to Millennium from Bangalore? My cousin had a tape and oh man did they rock! This was in the late 80s i think

What a surprise to read this mention. I loved this track, I don't recall any others from Millennium being aired, probably this was the only music video they made, it used to air on Channel V circa 1993-1994. Definitely not 1980s. If you remember this era, you might also remember Colorblind ? This was and still remains my all time favorite rock/metal track by any Indian band. Beautiful music video too, featuring VJ Laila Rouass. It would have passed for a Brit band if I didn't notice it was directed by an Indian, Shamin Desai.

Last edited by Ricci : 16th February 2020 at 00:19. Reason: adding Youtube link
Old 16th February 2020, 00:33   #1287
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post

[]
Up until the internet hadn't taken over, I believed that this was not an Indian band. That song is still brilliant. Similar vein is some stuff from pentagram, like must I, nutter, voice, and them clones with my life.

Last edited by mayankk : 16th February 2020 at 00:35.
Old 16th February 2020, 11:00   #1288
Senior - BHPian

Colorblind, Blast and Firebreath. Still a permanent fixture in my playlist \m/ Along with Indus Creed's Trapped and 13AD's Ground Zero
Old 17th February 2020, 20:06   #1289
BHPian

Recently discovered Gary Clark Jr, he won the Grammy this year. Playing this song on repeat mode for the past few day

Old 18th February 2020, 15:03   #1290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvanaguy19 View Post
Recently discovered Gary Clark Jr, he won the Grammy this year. Playing this song on repeat mode for the past few day
[/url]
Incidentally, Gary Clarke Jr did a cover of Come Together of Beatles which got featured in the DC movie - Justice Leauge

He has been a dream for the Blues scene with not too many cutting edge players still alive. Some compare him to SRV and coming from Texas it can be seen that his style is definitely shaped by SRV. Some of his brilliant numbers have to be "Bright Lights, Big City" and "Catfish Blues". Check out the first song from the Crossroads Blues Festival. That is where he rose to fame

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks