Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2010, 13:42   #301
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
He had done a "Sing for the Moment" (Aerosmith) along with Yngwie Malmsteen. Its awesome. That was the first Dio I first heard. And guess who gave it to me?
That was TSK1979.
The song is called "Dream on". Infact I like the Yngwie/Dio version better than Aerosmith version.
And lyrics were not sing for the moment but
Quote:
Sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laughter, sing for the tears
Sing with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good lord will take you away, yeah
Old 18th May 2010, 13:58   #302
BHPian

A life lived well. RIP Dio! lml>
Old 18th May 2010, 13:59   #303
Team-BHP Support

Sorry I meant "Dream On" and not "Sing for the moment". That version is awesome one and I still have that with me.

BTW Malmsteen released new work in 2008 called Perpetual Flame.

Last edited by ampere : 18th May 2010 at 14:03.
Old 28th May 2010, 14:07   #304
Senior - BHPian

And now this. Slipknot founder and bassist died on May 24

Slipknot's Paul Gray's body 'found near hypodermic needle and pills' | News | NME.COM

Very sad indeed.
Old 28th May 2010, 14:21   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
And now this. Slipknot founder and bassist died on May 24

Slipknot's Paul Gray's body 'found near hypodermic needle and pills' | News | NME.COM

Very sad indeed.
Oh man.. May his soul RIP.
Old 29th May 2010, 11:46   #306
Team-BHP Support

This is a sad year for Rock and Metal. First it was Ronnie Dio and now it's Paul Gray. RIP Paul. You will be remembered.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 29th May 2010 at 11:49.
Old 6th June 2010, 23:13   #307
Team-BHP Support

The Iron Maiden Final Frontier Tour kicks off tomorrow!
I am hoping album also releases the same day. Lets see if we can get some reviews.
Old 7th June 2010, 01:30   #308
Senior - BHPian

Anybody here a Priest fan?!
Old 7th June 2010, 02:08   #309
BHPian

i listened to Linkin Park quite a time ago.. i told my brother about it.. he was like, "it's the suckiest band ever" [no offense meant to LP fans, i still like some of their songs].
he gave me a cd and introduced me to another meaning of rock.
Metallica became my favorite.
After that was Led Zeppelin, Megadeth, Marilyn Manson, Judas Priest, Pantera, Limp Bizkit, AC/DC, Aerosmith, U2, Pearl Jam [their latest album was quite good] and the list goes on and on and on.
after some time, i started liking Dimmu Borgir, Cradle Of Filth, Sonata Artica and more.
then changed my liking a bit [actually, from rock to trance and hip hop].. but when i still listen to any of these bands, i remember my great times. Awesome time.

Quote:
not a big one, but yeah i like some songs of 'em.
Old 7th June 2010, 07:01   #310
Team-BHP Support

The way I discovered new bands was not through friends, but through internet user groups. The most important being Iron Maiden. Once they discussed what folks listen to between two IM releases. And that is how I discovered a whole new set of bands. Guardian, Fates Warning, Opeth, DT, Faith No More, Symphony-X, Riverside, Porcupine tree and many many more. Then it was more like following one thread after another.

There used to be a program called Late Night Show (IIRC) in Radio City (before Radio Indigo happened and when RC was only English) where the RJ Priya Ganapathy used to provide real cool trivia about many bands. That show was introduction to alternative and Grunge. (LP, Pearl Jam, Puddle of Mud, Nirvana, Creed etc). But that also made me realize that my interests did not lie there but with classic metal.

Dont remember there used another 2 hour show at 12 night on Thursdays hosted by Johnsy and Saggy. Forgot the name. Did any gave a listen?
Old 7th June 2010, 08:11   #311
BHPian

AyAn, hello from a Priest fan...they are a band I would dearly love to see live someday!
Old 7th June 2010, 18:21   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
AyAn, hello from a Priest fan...they are a band I would dearly love to see live someday!
Ihsahn from Emperor was asked to name the perfect metal song. he nominated JP's Painkiller. It's the quintessential metal song cos it has everything from screams, tempo, riffs, plenty of awesome solos, and even a drum solo at the beginning!

I'm not a die hard Priest fan but Painkiller is one of those casettes that I played so many times, it wore out! I actually had to buy a new one!
Old 7th June 2010, 18:44   #313
BHPian

Hey Guys,

What I'm about to post here is possibly the most exciting information that you will find on this thread. But before I do that, can I ask everyone if they have any plans for October 30th 2010? Yes/No. Either way this could be a date that you would possibly remember for a long long time. Guess why................................

Cos I have just received news that Testament will be performing in Bangalore! And that's not all! They are getting some friends along. Yes, four of them! These four good American gentlemen are collectively known as Slayer!!!

I hope that this isn't just a rumor! There is no official confirmation on Slayer's website, however this info is posted on Testament's Twitter page! Watch this space for further updates!

Alright guys, I'm witnessing the buzz spreading on the web literally before my eyes. I googled a few minutes ago and found nothing. I googled now and found this:

http://headbangers.in/news/latest-ne...rock-in-india/

Last edited by Wolfheart : 7th June 2010 at 18:52. Reason: Update
Old 7th June 2010, 19:44   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
Hey Guys,

What I'm about to post here is possibly the most exciting information that you will find on this thread. But before I do that, can I ask everyone if they have any plans for October 30th 2010? Yes/No. Either way this could be a date that you would possibly remember for a long long time. Guess why................................

Cos I have just received news that Testament will be performing in Bangalore! And that's not all! They are getting some friends along. Yes, four of them! These four good American gentlemen are collectively known as Slayer!!!

I hope that this isn't just a rumor! There is no official confirmation on Slayer's website, however this info is posted on Testament's Twitter page! Watch this space for further updates!

Alright guys, I'm witnessing the buzz spreading on the web literally before my eyes. I googled a few minutes ago and found nothing. I googled now and found this:

Testament and Slayer for Rock in India? : Headbangers India – The Indian Metal Revolution
Woooohoooo, woohooo..... up the Irons!! Man, if this is confirmed, oh words not coming.....
Old 8th June 2010, 09:17   #315
Team-BHP Support

Maiden Finally releases Album release dates and Track Listing.
Its 16 August.

One bonus track available for free download.

Source: IM Official Website.

IRON MAIDEN - The Final Frontier

Most Viewed