Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2010, 20:03   #376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddriver View Post
hi friends,
This is the music of 1980's, but i dont know the album name or the singer. Anyone who can let me know about it? This album contains most of the song virtually instrumental and very soulful music.

YouTube - african dance music.wmv
No idea. It's electro and I couldn't hear any singing there man. If you like electro music with a tribal/ethnic flavor then check this out:

Last edited by Wolfheart : 27th June 2010 at 20:22.
Old 27th June 2010, 20:22   #377
BHPian

"Metal is a way of life. I have been metal for many years" - Sir Christopher Lee.

Well who could have guessed that 80 something years old Christopher Lee ( who's played Dracula, count Dooku, Saruman the white etc) is a metalhead !!! That's not all! He's released a symphonic power metal album recently called Charlemagne: By the sword and the cross! I've always been a huge fan of Sir Chris and love his portrayal of Dracula in the Hammer Horror Films. I always thought that he had the most awesome voice and it's a great idea to have him sing on a metal album. Here's the promo, all you guys who enjoy stuff like Maiden, Rhapsody and Blind Guardian would like Charlemagne. Check it out:

@Abhay: dude check out "Anubis" from Septicflesh's Communion.That song gives me goosebumps!

Last edited by Wolfheart : 27th June 2010 at 20:35.
Old 27th June 2010, 20:24   #378
Team-BHP Support

Thats a real a good piece of info. I personally also felt Sir Chris to be an ideal metal head, with the kind of characters he has portrayed!

Few songs for his salutation:

IE: Horror Show : Dracula (Track)
Guardian: Nightfall in Middle Earth!
Old 27th June 2010, 20:57   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
No idea. It's electro and I couldn't hear any singing there man. If you like electro music with a tribal/ethnic flavor then check this out:

YouTube - Hilight tribe - free tibet
i know there is no singer, i mean to say composer and album name. Actually i have the cassette and i upload a piece of music on youtube to make other people understand what i am talking about. This whole album i used to listen since 1980 and have very soulful and electro music which is mostally instrumental and some place electric voice modulation and it used to be a great hit album of that era. I thought that this would be the best platform to know about it.
Old 27th June 2010, 21:25   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddriver View Post
I thought that this would be the best platform to know about it.
I'm afraid not!This is the Heavy Metal thread dude. Most metalheads I know, abhor that kind of music.

You might want to try the electro music thread for better results. It's here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ic-thread.html

Hope that's helpful. Cheers!

Last edited by Wolfheart : 27th June 2010 at 21:26.
Old 27th June 2010, 23:28   #381
Team-BHP Support

Back to basics!

After a long time I played Physical Graffitti! And it felt really good!

Have come to that stage in life, where you enjoy these pleasures only in the comfort of an IPOD.
The beautiful piece of Amplifier/Receiver lies in the corner, with its guns silenced, lest the kid wakes up!
Old 28th June 2010, 00:16   #382
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
After a long time I played Physical Graffitti! And it felt really good!

Have come to that stage in life, where you enjoy these pleasures only in the comfort of an IPOD.
The beautiful piece of Amplifier/Receiver lies in the corner, with its guns silenced, lest the kid wakes up!
+1 to that!

Been listening to quite a lot of Led Zeppelin lately. In fact, I'm listening to Black Dog right now! I seem to have left metal for Zeppelin and Floyd over the past few weeks!
Old 28th June 2010, 01:28   #383
Team-BHP Support

Let me introduce you the deadly metal soccer combo!
On one side you have classic rock and on the other you have Tevez blasting one goal after another!
Old 28th June 2010, 05:49   #384
Senior - BHPian

Anyone got something like this ? I like speed metal sometimes.

Old 28th June 2010, 07:26   #385
Team-BHP Support

Gave a listen to Charlemagne yesterday. Truly Sir Chris if not an actor, would have given Bruce and others runn for money!
What voice!

As a review in Amazon says, "BARITONE".

Yes thats the word.
Old 29th June 2010, 22:16   #386
Team-BHP Support

Currently on the spin: Fates warning! A true class of DT/Yes/Rush rolled into Maiden style guitars! Try Awake the Guardian and Parallels.
Old 30th June 2010, 10:31   #387
Team-BHP Support

I was reading up and listening to their old works and realized that when they started, their music was heavily influenced by Maiden. When I listened to old albums (Night on Brocken), it very much confirmed this.

Prog-Influences started quite some time later. But it was very nice listening to Maiden influenced bands. And they really sound good!
Old 3rd July 2010, 17:46   #388
Team-BHP Support

All quite on the rocking front?
Old 3rd July 2010, 18:23   #389
BHPian

This is a viking metal band from Norway (one of the best) called Einherjer. This song of theirs also has Maiden-esque galloping riffs. Great song with clean vocals, check it out!

Old 5th July 2010, 11:43   #390
Team-BHP Support

Any takers for King Crimson? The original Prog Guys! They change every thing including the line-up! Robert Fripp is really good.

Try the first albums "In the Court of Crimson King", Lizard, Larks Tongue in Aspic, and Red!!!

Most Viewed