Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2010, 17:08   #421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Bangalore head-bangers, listen up!

I recently discovered this exclusive music-merchandise store on Church Street called 'Hysteria'. They have the most amazing collection of rock music related merchandise in town! Original concert-posters signed by the bands, concert DVDs, watches, clocks, bags, key-chains, flip-flops(!) and the lot, all under one roof! I was positively chuffed when I stumbled upon this place. Nedless to say, I walked out with my hands full!
Thats metal to my ears!
Finally we see a place like this in Bangalore. I always wondered why Bangalore doesn't have these shops when easily it can be a huge hit.
I always had to collect all the paraphernalia from Delhi from a shop called 'Metal' in Saket and carry them down to Bangalore.
Old 18th August 2010, 20:01   #422
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Am on my way as well - See you there.

As Cliched as it my be - Up The Irons!

In other news, how come no shows for a long long time?
Bangalore is running dry on shows.
Did you give a listen? Its slowly growing on me!
Old 19th August 2010, 18:12   #423
Team-BHP Support

Another major release this month was the Blind Guardian release "At the Edge of Time". A very power full performance I must. A real good one after Night Fall.

Not sure if any of you guys follow this site: (Metal Rules)

METAL RULES

Gives a good summary of all the releases and my diet of monthly metal dosage.
The new guardian release gets a good review there.
Old 22nd August 2010, 15:44   #424
Senior - BHPian

But guys - not sure if this is an angry fan or what - Wikipedia says that Rock In India this October has also been cancelled - it was to be headlined by Testament and Slayer.

Old 23rd August 2010, 11:10   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
But guys - not sure if this is an angry fan or what - Wikipedia says that Rock In India this October has also been cancelled - it was to be headlined by Testament and Slayer.

I'm not sure if they'll cancel it coz Testament already had confirmed the shows.

Even if they are cancelled, its good! Much better than getting some boy band from old age homes to the venue in the name of "Rock In India".
Old 23rd August 2010, 17:38   #426
BHPian

I wouldn't be surprised if it was indeed cancelled. I also read somewhere that Slayer were reluctant to play because their last two albums are banned in India. The metal scene in India is a joke
Old 23rd August 2010, 17:44   #427
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if it was indeed cancelled. I also read somewhere that Slayer were reluctant to play because their last two albums are banned in India. The metal scene in India is a joke
What is that Slayer story? I did not know.
Old 24th August 2010, 12:34   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

What is that Slayer story? I did not know.
The Christ Illusion album was "banned" in India. Well, it was actually recalled by EMI after protests from Christian groups denouncing the album art.
Old 24th August 2010, 13:05   #429
BHPian

boo! If the October thing is cancelled...I hope some other show pops up somewhere, keep us posted over here guys of any other metal acts are playing anywhere in India.
Old 24th August 2010, 13:08   #430
Team-BHP Support

Meanwhile any comments on the new Maiden/BG albums?
Old 24th August 2010, 13:08   #431
Team-BHP Support

Thankfully, Bangalore's metal scene is pretty okay. Every other weekend, there is some show or the other at either Hard Rock, Kyra or Opus! I love Bangalore!
Old 24th August 2010, 13:35   #432
Senior - BHPian

I want to mention one big goof up that I did. When Iron Maiden announced The Final Frontier release dates in their website, I pre-ordered the album in Landmark's website. I was so excited that I ordered for the most expensive offering. And I got it 5 days after the release of the album.. an LP :-( and I don't have a gramophone to play it.

But I did manage to get all the songs, and I love 'When The Wild Wind Blows'. I also feel that the sound is quite similar to A Matter Of Life And Death. But still, Brave New World remains my favourite album.
Old 24th August 2010, 13:40   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
I want to mention one big goof up that I did. When Iron Maiden announced The Final Frontier release dates in their website, I pre-ordered the album in Landmark's website. I was so excited that I ordered for the most expensive offering. And I got it 5 days after the release of the album.. an LP :-( and I don't have a gramophone to play it.

But I did manage to get all the songs, and I love 'When The Wild Wind Blows'. I also feel that the sound is quite similar to A Matter Of Life And Death. But still, Brave New World remains my favourite album.
Haahahhh! Thats hilarious!! Even I was on the verge of making the same mistake. I went to landmark to pre book and asked the prices. They were 395,495 and 9xx. I blindly said book the 9xx one. He said OK and just out of curiosity I asked what all they have in it! He said its an LP!!
Stopped him right there.
Old 24th August 2010, 14:15   #434
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about you ending up with an LP. Read somewhere that LPs are making a BIG comeback - although in collectors and limited editions. I saw quite a lot of new metal/rock albums in LPs when I was in Portugal.
Old 24th August 2010, 14:41   #435
BHPian

Did manage to buy Maiden's FF on friday and have only had 1 proper listen so will review it later. It is good but overall its not as mind blowingly good is what I felt. Of course I need to listen a few more times to really get into it but liked talisman, when the wild wind and mother of mercy.

Did not see BG's new album in the stupid, smelly planetM I usually visit.. why isn't there a decent music shop in Pune which has a variety of heavy metal?
The salesman asked me if I wanted "ojji's" new album too!

Most Viewed