Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2011, 11:08   #616
BHPian

re: The Heavy Metal & Rock Thread

^Not as huge a fan of them as I was say 15 yrs ago, but they are icons even if only for the first few albums (80s) they put out which were quality. Of course they also are like Ozzy (more hype than actual decent musical output since then)
Still worth checking out live even though Hetfield's voice is completely gone.
I read it will be in Noida couple with the F1. (not sure)

@Amp, if you love Priest, which you do, you MUST get Rising in the East (2005) DVD
Great picture quality, amazing audio and the band just kicks serious *** all through.. Halford is showing his age but his voice is still amazing.
Old 26th April 2011, 12:08   #617
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
@Amp, if you love Priest, which you do, you MUST get Rising in the East (2005) DVD
Great picture quality, amazing audio and the band just kicks serious *** all through.. Halford is showing his age but his voice is still amazing.
Thanks Abhay. I will look out for that DVD. I hope its available in India.

EDIT: Was available in Flipkart. Just ordered !

Last edited by ampere : 26th April 2011 at 12:11.
Old 26th April 2011, 15:11   #618
BHPian

@ Abhay: Tallica after Mustaine and Burton has just gone downhill (musically). The only exception being ...and Justice for All. However, I would have been more excited about an Ozzy concert than Metallica. To be frank, Metallica is one of the most hated bands in Metal history. These days they appeal to a completely different crowd and hence the huge commercial success.
Old 26th April 2011, 17:04   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
@ Abhay: Tallica after Mustaine and Burton has just gone downhill (musically). The only exception being ...and Justice for All. However, I would have been more excited about an Ozzy concert than Metallica. To be frank, Metallica is one of the most hated bands in Metal history. These days they appeal to a completely different crowd and hence the huge commercial success.
I am a Megadeth fan but still I would say Metallica have not gone downhill after Mustaine or Burton. The correct word would be evolved to a different genre. Mustaine and other stayed with Speed and thrash while Metallica moved on. And If you ask any artist he would say that someday he would like to experiment with his music ,for eg: Korn's( was it korn or somebody else) bassist launched his rap album 1-2 years ago
Old 26th April 2011, 17:23   #620
BHPian

Evolution and experimentation as an artist is needed but changing your style for selling more records/being trendy rather than staying true to your music is what makes people (like me) dislike 'tallica so much (post - And Justice... or even Black which was a commercial release anyway)

Most 80s thrash bands are now rehashing ideas though but their older stuff remains memorable.
Old 26th April 2011, 18:50   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
Evolution and experimentation as an artist is needed but changing your style for selling more records/being trendy rather than staying true to your music is what makes people (like me) dislike 'tallica so much (post - And Justice... or even Black which was a commercial release anyway)

Most 80s thrash bands are now rehashing ideas though but their older stuff remains memorable.
I maybe be digressing over here but you can say that being a Metal band in the 80s was kind of main stream when you compare it to the underground Death Metal movement of that time. Anyways lets not go into it anymore. Lets have this chat over a pint someday
Old 28th April 2011, 06:02   #622
Team-BHP Support

After Matt Barlow's retirement, Iced Earth has a new lead singer. (Stu Block)

ICED EARTH LEADER CHOOSES NEW VOCALIST, ANNOUNCES EUROPEAN LEG OF MASSIVE WORLD TOUR | The Official Iced Earth Website
Old 29th April 2011, 15:33   #623
BHPian

@vagu

Compare Tallica's musical transition from "Kill 'em All" till the recent garbage that they have released post the Black Album, I would call that reverse evolution.

Every artist must re-invent themeselves in order to avoid stagnation. However, experimentation only to sell records to mainstream audiences by watering down your music is not something that initial fans would respect.

@abhay

I know you're a big Thrash fan. I've been listening to this really cool band called Havok. I'm sure you'll enjoy this:

Old 30th April 2011, 10:02   #624
BHPian

Hey great news for all Metallica fans! Metallica are scheduled to play in Delhi and Bangalore in October! \m/
http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...-greater-noida

Last edited by Skye1592 : 30th April 2011 at 10:28.
Old 30th April 2011, 15:36   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye1592 View Post
Hey great news for all Metallica fans! Metallica are scheduled to play in Delhi and Bangalore in October! \m/
Metallica to perform in Delhi - Times Of India
So it's DNA who are organizing the Tallica gig. The same people who were suppposed to bring Slayer and Testament but ended up getting the Backstreet Boyz. This is going to be interesting!
Old 1st May 2011, 15:47   #626
BHPian

^I hope its not the same old story...that Testament gig being switched was painful!

Will check out Havok; I have been listening to some fairly decent new lately (Onslaught, Sodom, Artillery all have new albums out)

@Wolfheart, also listened to Septic Flesh' new album and its pretty good, sort of in the same vein as Communion which you rec'd a year or so ago!
Waiting to hear the new Autopsy album in May as well.
Old 2nd May 2011, 15:03   #627
BHPian

It's official now.
Metallica.com | News
Old 2nd May 2011, 17:09   #628
BHPian

^^ This is FANTASTIC news!! Was hoping dearly this shouldn't be a rumor. Now i know where i'll be on October 30!!
Old 3rd May 2011, 12:32   #629
Senior - BHPian

Who all joining on 30th October?

Last edited by Unknownsatan : 3rd May 2011 at 12:34.
Old 3rd May 2011, 14:36   #630
BHPian

Having seen them three times already, I know its going to be one hell of a time in Bangalore come 30th of October. But to see them perform on Indian soil for the first time and in Bangalore, will be awesome!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks