Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2013, 14:18   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Furniture Thread (Home/Office)

Wallpaper needs to be removable. Proper wallpaper paste can be softened with water, even years or decades later, and steam brings it off very easily. I recommending against using any other kind of glue.

I'm sure there will internet tutorials on paper hanging. First, you need special tools. You need a table (and paste brush) for pasting the paper, you need big scissors for cutting it, you need a wallpaper brush for smoothing it. It is a skill and needs some practice.

There should be no gap and no overlap, and yes, the patterns should match exactly.

Yes, I've done a bit. It's trickier than it looks!
Old 7th October 2013, 11:10   #137
Senior - BHPian

Looking for a good Office/Computer chair for use at home.

Tried looking for a good chair at featherlite(Cunningham road Bangalore)
1)Sales person/people are not interested in selling a single chair to a customer and are more inclined to catering to the corporate.

2)After being spoiled at work with the Cello from Herman miller, I found all the Chairs in the Featherlite showroom as obsolete.

3)60K for the Cello is a tad over priced IMO

Looking for a good comfy chair for long hours of Use.

P.S I will abuse the Chair
Old 8th October 2013, 07:49   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
Looking for a good Office/Computer chair for use at home. Tried looking for a good chair at featherlite(Cunningham road Bangalore)
Check online. A friend just picked up one from snapdeal. There are other sites too - pepperfry, fabfurnish.
Old 8th October 2013, 11:36   #139
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
Looking for a good Office/Computer chair for use at home.

Tried looking for a good chair at featherlite(Cunningham road Bangalore)
1)Sales person/people are not interested in selling a single chair to a customer and are more inclined to catering to the corporate.

2)After being spoiled at work with the Cello from Herman miller, I found all the Chairs in the Featherlite showroom as obsolete.

P.S I will abuse the Chair
Try looking for Merry Fair Exact. This chair fits your requirement perfectly. This one has a big base. 5.5 Ft people can sit by folding their legs Really comfy + Sculpted as per our body curves + Excellent Under thigh support. + It has tons of adjustments. Back, Lumbar, back height adjustment, I think it has under thigh adjustment too.

It costs around 15K+ in india. If you have any friends in Malaysia, i think you can get one for around 8K INR (Excluding import duties, if any.)

Try looking for Monarch Ergonomics or seating solutions dealers. I hope you will be happy with this.

Old 23rd November 2013, 23:35   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone bought sofa set or any other furniture from fabfurnish? If so, please let know your feedback on the quality of their product and their after sale service?
Old 16th December 2013, 23:27   #141
BHPian

So my wifey wants to buy a sofa from Urban Ladder. and there are some amazing reviews about the built quality and comfort, but there's no way I can test it out before buying it. So does anyone here know anyone who has bought a sofa from Urban Ladder? I know this carpenter who replicates anything you want him to (Got a TV unit and chest of drawer made by him) and he does the job for 40% less than showroom price. What do you guys suggest?
Old 17th December 2013, 05:22   #142
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
So my wifey wants to buy a sofa from Urban Ladder. and there are some amazing reviews about the built quality and comfort, but there's no way I can test it out before buying it. So does anyone here know anyone who has bought a sofa from Urban Ladder? I know this carpenter who replicates anything you want him to (Got a TV unit and chest of drawer made by him) and he does the job for 40% less than showroom price. What do you guys suggest?
Nothing to beat your tame carpenter! I love the look and feel of first class wood and wood work.

But sofas require another level of finesse. I would say check with your bloke if he has replicated any sofas before and try to see a sample.

Else, go with Urban Ladder because from all accounts they are very good indeed.

(While you're about it, can you connect me to your tame carpenter?)
Old 17th December 2013, 12:27   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Nothing to beat your tame carpenter! I love the look and feel of first class wood and wood work.

But sofas require another level of finesse. I would say check with your bloke if he has replicated any sofas before and try to see a sample.

Else, go with Urban Ladder because from all accounts they are very good indeed.

(While you're about it, can you connect me to your tame carpenter?)
Thanks for your comments. I'll have a word with my carpenter first since it has been a long time I've spoken to him. And once I've done that...I'll PM you the numbers.

Any other place where there's a good range of three seater sofas on display? Please let me know
Old 17th December 2013, 12:38   #144
BHPian

Quote:
if you are in bangalore why dont you go down to urban ladder and take a look

Last edited by kippu : 17th December 2013 at 13:00.
Old 18th December 2013, 17:32   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippu View Post
if you are in bangalore why dont you go down to urban ladder and take a look
Just figured out in the morning that they've got some of their products displayed in their office and it's quite close to my office. Will be going there soon
Old 19th December 2013, 10:59   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Just figured out in the morning that they've got some of their products displayed in their office and it's quite close to my office. Will be going there soon
Do let me know your opinions , I wanted to buy from them but never found a review from someone known
Old 23rd December 2013, 10:53   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippu View Post
Do let me know your opinions , I wanted to buy from them but never found a review from someone known
I went to their office this weekend and it was full of sofas and tables and everything that they have on the website. Plus, some stuff which is soon to be launched. So their furniture looked pretty nice and solid. I'm going to pick up a Sofa from them. And I'm going to get the dining table made by my carpenter as and when he gets free from his current work. You should pay a visit whenever you can.
Old 18th March 2014, 07:49   #148
Senior - BHPian

At Urban Ladder, are you allowed to buy directly from their store or do they only honor online purchases ?
Old 18th March 2014, 16:28   #149
BHPian

Any good online stores where I could find garden furniture ?
Old 12th June 2014, 12:01   #150
BHPian

Looking to buy a bed this Saturday. Any good quality furniture stores in and around Secunderabad/Malkajgiri? I'm visiting "Cache" furniture store at SD Road based on someone's recommendation, but if that fails to deliver, we want to have options.

Your help is appreciated!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks