Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2011, 14:55   #46
BHPian

Re: The Furniture Thread (Home/Office)

Has anyone tried BO CONCEPT, the stores are in Ahmedabad and Lower Parel, Mumbai.

Classy furniture... also expensive, wonder if we can get similar stuff (look and feel) somewhere cheaper in India

Home

Check this out!!
Old 14th July 2011, 10:06   #47
BHPian

I'm in need of a suggestion to fix a hook which is attached to the roof(for fixing a hanging chair), where the hook is not present in my case. How to fix the hook? Is drilling into the roof and fixing the hook feasible/good for long term strength of the house?
I'm also looking out for an option for a hanging bench kind.

Is there any technique/ or a specific person to do this?

Thanks,
Ramki

Last edited by ramki067 : 14th July 2011 at 10:21.
Old 14th July 2011, 11:18   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
I'm in need of a suggestion to fix a hook which is attached to the roof(for fixing a hanging chair), where the hook is not present in my case. How to fix the hook? Is drilling into the roof and fixing the hook feasible/good for long term strength of the house?

Thanks,
Ramki
Dont know if the weight of the chair (with a person) will be a concern. But just drilling in a hole and fixing the hook onto the steel rod is not that difficult since they are found in the lower portion of the roof. It doesn't impact the roof itself.
Old 14th July 2011, 14:40   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

This is how I was told it is done, but by the time you find your bar and hook over it, there is going to be a big hole to patch.

There are fittings which expand when you tighten the screw. If the concrete is firm, these would be secure, but you'll have to buy the right size drill bit as well as the fittings,and I'm not even sure that the average domestic electric drill is up to half-inch holes in concrete.
--- If you hook over the bar, you have to find it

--- If you drill for a fitting, you have to miss it

Old 14th July 2011, 15:19   #50
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
There are fittings which expand when you tighten the screw.
Good suggestion.

Use two if you don't think one will be good enough.
Old 29th September 2011, 19:13   #51
BHPian

The Home Interiors / Furnishing Thread

(Posting a new thread to discuss on Home Interiors and Furnishing! Mods may merge to appropriate thread if required)
I will be moving to a new house next week. I am currently looking for an Indoor clothes line to be fitted in Staircase (it is a dupleix row house) headroom. I have seen a pulley type as described here . Has any t-bhpian used it? They are based in Pune. Wondering if I can get similar types in Chennai. The local do not look as great as the ones here.
Old 30th September 2011, 09:21   #52
BHPian

Re: The Home Interiors / Furnishing Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
(Posting a new thread to discuss on Home Interiors and Furnishing! Mods may merge to appropriate thread if required)
I will be moving to a new house next week. I am currently looking for an Indoor clothes line to be fitted in Staircase (it is a dupleix row house) headroom. I have seen a pulley type as described here . Has any t-bhpian used it? They are based in Pune. Wondering if I can get similar types in Chennai. The local do not look as great as the ones here.
Our neighbours back in Pune are using it. Works fairly well. I was planning to install it in my balcony and received a quote from them but that didn’t go through as I moved out of India. Its definitely good for the Balcony but not sure about the Staircase. It all depends on the height and width of the area.
Old 30th September 2011, 10:15   #53
BHPian

Thanks C300. I do not have a balcony. Since there is space in the headroom (the ceiling that houses the stairs entry in Second floor) I thought I could use the space to dry clothes during the rainy season. The local ones in the market are tacky and not as great as the ones depicted in the website so wanted an opinion on people who used in Pune.

The Headroom btw is 12 feet * 6 feet.
Old 30th September 2011, 11:32   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Thanks C300. I do not have a balcony. Since there is space in the headroom (the ceiling that houses the stairs entry in Second floor) I thought I could use the space to dry clothes during the rainy season. The local ones in the market are tacky and not as great as the ones depicted in the website so wanted an opinion on people who used in Pune.

The Headroom btw is 12 feet * 6 feet.
Try calling them to check the dealership in chennai. Their technician will visit the house to take the measurements. The final quote is generated based on the measurements.
Old 9th October 2011, 12:17   #55
BHPian

Any feedback on Mother Earth? Yesterday we had been to one showroom and liked the dining table. A 6 seater was coming to 35k. This was made of sesame wood. The one Damro sells is by rubber wood around 32K, iirc.
Any idea on the difference between these two woods?
Also anyone knows the Malayalam equivalent of Sesame Wood?
Old 8th January 2012, 17:02   #56
Senior - BHPian

Bumping an old thread.

Need to replace my furniture. Need a sofa,two chairs and a teapoy. Folks from Bangalore, know any place where I can get it custom made? I know Shivajinagar is the place to go for custom made, but can anyone suggest a reliable shop who knows his stuff and won't take the customer for a ride? I need the furniture to have detachable legs.

Thanks in advance.
Old 8th January 2012, 17:37   #57
Senior - BHPian

i have wood borer infestation in the drawing room center table and one sofa seat.

Best DIY way to spray the chlorophypos (sic) that i got from the neighborhood shop? or just use the syringe on the affected area and a brush elsewhere? any DIY tips?
Old 8th January 2012, 18:46   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Best DIY way to spray the chlorophypos (sic) that i got from the neighborhood shop? or just use the syringe on the affected area and a brush elsewhere? any DIY tips?
Hitanshu, you process is correct but suggest you apply Creosote oil instead of chlorophypos. Pump in Creosote oil from those holes with hypodermic needle and syringe. Oil will spread right inside the wood. It's a sure shot solution as I've seen.

Yes it smells awful too, but think of it as Waterbury's Compound and imagine your whole family is having it.
Rudra Sen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2012, 18:52   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post

Thanks,
Ramki

just adding information to this ,

it is called a bullet drill and once they "shoot" the hook , it goes in and spreads itself across the reinforcement bars so that it can take the load of anything below it , very sturdy and does not look ugly at top
Old 8th January 2012, 23:54   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Hitanshu, you process is correct but suggest you apply Creosote oil instead of chlorophypos. Pump in Creosote oil from those holes with hypodermic needle and syringe. Oil will spread right inside the wood. It's a sure shot solution as I've seen.

Yes it smells awful too, but think of it as Waterbury's Compound and imagine your whole family is having it.
Thanks boss.

Where do i get it from (what shops) and would u know a hindi name for it? The average hardware shop owner would definitely not be able to understand creosote oil, never mind fetching it for me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks