Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2010, 09:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

Suggestions needed from BHPians

I have two furniture requirements at present:
1) I need to replace the existing door opening to terrace since it has taken quite a beating with the rains for the past couple of years. Any good alternative suggestions by BHPians. Do I need to change the door frame too/
2) I am confused between a sofa cum bed and a fixed bed in my second bedroom. Sofa cum bed scores on the space saving but fixed bed scores on comfort. Unable to decide. The difference between them is around 8-9K. Pls suggest.
Old 8th July 2010, 11:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Sorry for the really late reply, and sorry again, that my contact is no longer with this arrangement on Hosur Road. He is now shifted to Koramangala. I'll let you know if I get some leads.
No problem, will catch you if we are planning to buy anything in future
Old 8th July 2010, 13:10   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
I am planning to buy furniture (sofa set + dining table 6 seater).. I dont have too much to spend on it - any options / discounts / deals you guys are aware about in bangalore ?

How much would the above cost ?? (starting range)

I checked out Big Bazar but they are expensive. Please advice

Edit: forgot to add that i need a double bed too (queen size)
Try StyleSpa furniture. They have multiple outlets here in Blore and they offer generous discounts. The quality is really good. Store information you can find on their website. Try googling it.
Old 8th July 2010, 20:57   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Try StyleSpa furniture. They have multiple outlets here in Blore and they offer generous discounts. The quality is really good. Store information you can find on their website. Try googling it.
Thanks J. If you / your friends have purchased some furniture from there, do let us know the feedback on the same.
Old 8th July 2010, 21:16   #20
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
I think StyleSpa mostly sells only MDF stuff.
Old 8th July 2010, 21:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Thanks J. If you / your friends have purchased some furniture from there, do let us know the feedback on the same.
I bought my sofa and center table from them. They offered us a 30% discount as was the prevalent offer at that time. haggled a bit and the salesman offered us his commission (extra 3% discount). We had looked at multiple furniture stores all around before zeroing in on StyleSpa as we found the quality there to be really good for the price. There were cheaper options in the market but the feel of the sofa was really cheap with them. StyleSpa one is really luxurious and very comfortable (it is full cloth trim and really high quality one.) They also provide you service all over India (presence in all major cities). There is a warranty for one year (home service) thereafter it is chargeable.

Overall satisfied with the product and hence the recommendation.

PS: At the time when I bought my sofa (2 months back) the offer on double beds was 50%!

Last edited by joslicx : 8th July 2010 at 21:25.
Old 9th July 2010, 18:11   #22
BHPian

Thanks J. Will check them out soon
Old 9th July 2010, 19:13   #23
Senior - BHPian

for the door queries, guys, when you buy plastic doors, make sure that are not a fire hazard, and do not release toxic fumes if burnt. In my view metal is easily workable and fixable, wood is good too, but needs to be cared periodically.

we have a wood deck outside our house here in US, and almost whole of the house is made of wood. I just painted the deck with a stain and they say it lasts for upto 4 years, that's after direct exposure to rain snow and sun. In India I remember having a wooden "Takht" in my parental village, always outdoors. the soft tree sap had been destroyed and the hard wood had survived over decades giving it a character look. the newer ones had the soft sap areas too. I guess if cared for, the whole thing can survive pretty well.

the other thing you should invest in is removable outdoor cushions.

PS: I am not good at types of wood, just speaking from what I have seen. the most favorite in my parental village is sisso (indian rosewood) though.
Old 9th July 2010, 20:22   #24
BHPian

I think, we should start a new topic 'Buy/Sell Home goods -Bazar'
So that, we will be able to sell used home appliance within the forum
Like Fitnese equipmets furnitures etc ...
Old 9th July 2010, 20:55   #25
UKR
BHPian

5 in 1 inflatable sofa cum bed anyone?

Has anyone tried the inflatable 5 in 1 sofa that they advertise in teleshopping? Some googling threw up a lot of negative feed back about the product like getting torn and losing shape etc. But if what they show on tv are to be believed, then it is a very practical thing because it can be used as a sofa and a bed and when not in use, can be deflated and folded meaning that you could carry a sofa/bed in your backpack. Also doesn't look too cheap. Anyone of you had a chance to use it?
Old 9th July 2010, 20:58   #26
Senior - BHPian

inflatable are not comfortable. If you try to sleep, they will keep on moving with every move and you will wake up with tired muscles. the only time you may find them comrtable is when you are not seeking comfort. like playing games with friends and need extra seating.

mine is permanently stored in the attic.
Old 9th July 2010, 21:49   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKR View Post
Has anyone tried the inflatable 5 in 1 sofa that they advertise in teleshopping? Some googling threw up a lot of negative feed back about the product like getting torn and losing shape etc. But if what they show on tv are to be believed, then it is a very practical thing because it can be used as a sofa and a bed and when not in use, can be deflated and folded meaning that you could carry a sofa/bed in your backpack. Also doesn't look too cheap. Anyone of you had a chance to use it?
Its not a substitute for wooden furniture. Like vivek mentioned.

If you got kids at your place, inflate it as a bed, put a thich cover / bed sheet over it (to prevent damage) and it should work fine.

Its an alternate for a bean bag
Old 4th February 2011, 14:03   #28
BHPian

Re: The Furniture Thread (Home/Office)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Hi Spitfire, let me put in my two bits:
First of all, Cane, Bamboo, and WOOD are three entirely different materials. Wood is what comes from the body of a tree, and is largely used for making furniture. Cane is a type of stem, just as bamboo is a type of stem, but the similarity ends there. While bamboo is stiffer and harder, and used more for scaffoldings, pandals, shamianas etc, cane is more flexible, therefore used to make furniture.
SuperSelect - excellent information. Can you recommend some great furniture place in mumbai?

Amit
Old 16th June 2011, 16:14   #29
Senior - BHPian

I am looking to buy new furniture in Pune and I am totally lost.
We do not have the time/ recommendations/ space to get the furniture made. Needless to say, quality is a key requirement. I am looking to buy a good bed for my son & wardrobe both for my son & for us. I am also looking for a sofa & dining set.

Most of the places I know have either moved/ shut shop or stock very poor stuff now. Do any of you have any recommendations on where I should look? Appreciate any advise you can give!
Old 17th June 2011, 00:55   #30
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I am looking to buy new furniture in Pune and I am totally lost.
We do not have the time/ recommendations/ space to get the furniture made. Needless to say, quality is a key requirement. I am looking to buy a good bed for my son & wardrobe both for my son & for us. I am also looking for a sofa & dining set.

Most of the places I know have either moved/ shut shop or stock very poor stuff now. Do any of you have any recommendations on where I should look? Appreciate any advise you can give!
What is your budget?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks