Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2012, 19:43   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Furniture Thread (Home/Office)

I have been looking for an el cheapo CD rack or bookshelf. Though I am more interested in the CD rack, I wouldn't mind getting the bookshelf and use it for books and CDs. I have been seeing some great stuff on sites outside India but have not come across any here. The ones that I see are only too costly.

Any ideas? Or should I get someone to make it for me?
Old 6th February 2012, 12:56   #77
BHPian

you are in bangalore ,thats like furniture haven , you should probably just out and search for physical furniture shops and pick one , it will be far easier than getting one made

online there are 2 websites i can refer you too, urbandecor and sunshine exports on ebay
kippu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 17:13   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippu View Post
you are in bangalore ,thats like furniture haven , you should probably just out and search for physical furniture shops and pick one , it will be far easier than getting one made

online there are 2 websites i can refer you too, urbandecor and sunshine exports on ebay
Yes, looks like this warrants a trip to some furniture shops this weekend. But thought it is cheaper to make than buy?
Old 6th February 2012, 19:17   #79
BHPian

well it is cheaper , only if you know carpenters , the materials and the design and finishing of it and you are ready to face the headache for 1-2 days of sitting with them and supervising it , otherwise you can just go to a shop and pick one up ,saves the hassle
Old 16th April 2012, 09:44   #80
Senior - BHPian

Am looking for a turnkey interior design solution for our home office. Area is approx 1200 Sq.ft.

The present condition is I have a completely built concrete structure without any furnishing.

I would like get the interiors done on par with a descent corporate office of the present times.

What would be the approx cost per square feet for the project (wall panels, False ceiling, work cubicles etc)
Old 17th May 2012, 17:39   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippu View Post

Finally did that and bought a nice 4 feet high bookshelf that has 4 racks for around 1400 bucks. Thought it was a good deal. Now can keep all my CDs and books on it. Nice!
Old 21st May 2012, 12:12   #82

Hi! Any suggestions on where to buy dining table chairs in Bangalore. We have an old dining table which we do not want to discard, but want to replace all the chairs and buy 6 new ones. We have been looking on either getting it build by a carpenter or buying it ready made.

The main criteria are-
  1. Wood quality should be geniune (teak)
  2. Should be long lasting (hence anyone with past buying experience of dining set are welcome)
  3. Decently priced based on the design of the chair
Old 19th November 2012, 11:02   #83
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys

I am in Bangalore and i am looking for house renovation(Kitchen and all rooms woodwork) Appreciate feedback on good and trustworthy people for the job

Also the tricky part is i live in the house with old parents and a toddler,so i would prefer these workers to do as much work in their factory and only do final assembly at the house(less than a week of final setup work would be ideal)
Old 19th November 2012, 15:11   #84
BHPian

Guys, I am thinking of putting wallpaper on a 14'x9' wall. Does anyone know the approx price per sq ft? Also good dealers in Pune?

Thanks!
Old 19th November 2012, 16:52   #85
BHPian

Could somebody kindly suggest a VFM furniture shop around Gurgaon, need to purchase a Study table, office chair and Rocking chair.

In Kirti Nagar or on Jail road, layman like me are very vunerable to shopkeepers.

Also, fail to understand why Office chairs are so dam expensive?

Thanks

Amit
Old 19th January 2013, 10:20   #86
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

The was talk of wardrobes few pages back. I just bought a new Wardrobe - only thing is that it's steel and not wooden and it's Godrej. Godrej wooden stuff is crap but their steel stuff is good. It's 4 door, each door 18 inches wide. 2 doors are wine red and 2 cream (alternating colors) - it looks very good. It looks like a wardrobe and not a cupboard. Because it's steel - wear and tear is minimal. I have a Godrej cupboard 7 years old which seems brand new even now. Unlike the cupboards, this one has the modular kitchen kind of hinges on the doors, though.
Old 19th January 2013, 12:52   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Hey guys

I am in Bangalore and i am looking for house renovation(Kitchen and all rooms woodwork) Appreciate feedback on good and trustworthy people for the job

Also the tricky part is i live in the house with old parents and a toddler,so i would prefer these workers to do as much work in their factory and only do final assembly at the house(less than a week of final setup work would be ideal)
Would suggest that you check fab india, mother earth and westside. You will pay around 4k a chair but they are solidly made.
Old 19th January 2013, 13:03   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedHead View Post

Would suggest that you check fab india, mother earth and westside. You will pay around 4k a chair but they are solidly made.
I am sorry but i asked for entire kitchen and wardrobe. Not single chair
Old 19th January 2013, 14:10   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I just bought a new Wardrobe - only thing is that it's steel and not wooden and it's Godrej.
Can you link some product page for this? Does it look like usual steel cupboard, or do you have some design on it?

A 4 door cupboard in marine ply can cost upwards of 50K :O How much would this Godrej 4 door go upto?
Old 19th January 2013, 20:26   #90
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Can you link some product page for this? Does it look like usual steel cupboard, or do you have some design on it?

A 4 door cupboard in marine ply can cost upwards of 50K :O How much would this Godrej 4 door go upto?
It's somewhat like this but not the same.

http://www.godrejinterio.com/godrej/...subsubcatid=49

It doesn't look like a steel cupboard at all. I think you should go to a Godrej Interio shop and take a look. However, I would only recommend Godrej if you are going for their steel stuff.

A 4 door base cost with 4 plates (i.e 5 compartments) inside each would cost around 35-36K. Everything else is extra. I went for the following extras
1 Mirror - 2K
1 Steel Drawer - 1.5 K
1 Steel Locker - 2K etc.

You can chose 3 door or 4 door. You chose width of each door - 16, 18 or 20 inches. I went for the 18". (so totally 72").

So total came to around

Last edited by carboy : 19th January 2013 at 20:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks