Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2013, 12:54   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Furniture Thread (Home/Office)

Which are the good recliners apart from lazyboy in Bangalore ? .Need a non leather one strictly .
Old 9th May 2013, 20:59   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
I am planning to buy furniture (sofa set + dining table 6 seater).. I dont have too much to spend on it - any options / discounts / deals you guys are aware about in bangalore ?

How much would the above cost ?? (starting range)

I checked out Big Bazar but they are expensive. Please advice

Edit: forgot to add that i need a double bed too (queen size)
you might want to check some of the online stores. fabmart has a decent collcetion of furniture. sofas http://www.fabmart.com/collections/sofas
bedroom furniture http://www.fabmart.com/collections/beds

they even have luxury beds from snoozer,
Old 31st May 2013, 12:00   #123
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a furniture for my balcony. Typically for two people to sit and relax in the evenings. The balcony is open on two sides which means the furniture will be affected by rain and sun.

So where do I find good outdoor furnitures in Bangalore?

Regards,
Anant
Old 31st May 2013, 22:11   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

looking for a full back support office chair with height and reach adjustable arm rests.Must be very comfortable. Budget is 10K . Any suggestions?
Old 30th June 2013, 16:03   #125
BANNED

What kind of chairs are comfortable for lounging around with a laptop? I was googling and found photos like these - http://sell.bizrice.com/selling-lead...op-holder.html

Where can I see and try out these kind of chairs? How much should I expect to pay?
Old 19th July 2013, 20:15   #126
BHPian

Guys hows is the quality of Lifstyle Home center products, specially sofa's and Bed?
Old 9th August 2013, 16:01   #127
BANNED

I am looking to buy an office kind of chair for home. These are features, I am looking for
- Adjustable height
- Back should be adjustable to more or less lean
- Comfortable for 4-5 hours or more of sitting and working.
Wheels aren't important, I would prefer one without wheels - but I think most of these office chairs come with wheels.

The most important thing for me is that the chair should be super strong. I am very surely going to abuse it pretty badly.

What can I look to I budget? Is there a brand I should look for?
Old 9th August 2013, 17:01   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I am looking to buy an office kind of chair for home. These are features, I am looking for
- Adjustable height
- Back should be adjustable to more or less lean
- Comfortable for 4-5 hours or more of sitting and working.
Wheels aren't important, I would prefer one without wheels - but I think most of these office chairs come with wheels.

The most important thing for me is that the chair should be super strong. I am very surely going to abuse it pretty badly.

What can I look to I budget? Is there a brand I should look for?
Try featherlite chairs. These are well designed and come at different budgets. They are pretty strong and last long in my experience.
Old 9th August 2013, 22:08   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am very surely going to abuse it pretty badly.
What, like I abused the guy who was tailgating me and trying to push through and almost ran over a biker in the process? I lost my cool, it was some abuse!

But most chairs will stand a good shouting at. What kind of abuse did you have in mind? Steve Ballmer style?

Traditionally, the worst thing to do to a chair was lean back, putting all the weight on the rear two legs, but that is just not possible with modern office chairs
Old 16th August 2013, 12:05   #130
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone heard of Clei - the Italian innovator?

Here is the site: http://www.clei.it/

I wonder if anyone has used its products here in India.

@carboy: I purchased a chair a year ago for Rs. 3500. It was sort-of-unbranded, but quite comfortable for me.

Sat on several chairs. Those leather covered chairs which I really liked were Rs. 10000+ and not something that I would have liked to spend for home use.

Last edited by S_U_N : 16th August 2013 at 12:08.
Old 16th August 2013, 12:27   #131
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if its mentioned before but http://www.pepperfry.com/ is a good site.
I have done some shopping from this site and can vouch for satisfactory service . I did not say good or fair because one can expect some delays in deliveries.
Best part is COD (Cash On Delivery).
Do check your furniture thoroughly before paying because one of my friend found slight crack in a dining chair leg. Though they will replace it but the fuss and follow up could be avoided if you do pre-payment check.

Raab rakha.
Old 16th August 2013, 12:43   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
Not sure if its mentioned before but http://www.pepperfry.com/ is a good site.
I have done some shopping from this site and can vouch for satisfactory service . I did not say good or fair because one can expect some delays in deliveries.
Best part is COD (Cash On Delivery).
Do check your furniture thoroughly before paying because one of my friend found slight crack in a dining chair leg. Though they will replace it but the fuss and follow up could be avoided if you do pre-payment check.

Raab rakha.
I bought 2 side tables from them. I like the design but the top of one is cracked through the width of the table. Both the tables rock and need to be padded under one side to prevent this. Also the draws do not close and open easily. In other words, money down the drain. I had paid in advance because this was made to order. Will never buy from them and never ever recommend anyone buying from them.
Old 2nd September 2013, 12:00   #133
BHPian

Restoring Brassware

Since there is a huge list of vintage car aficionados here who keep their brass fittings well polished, and also would know about caring for antique brass ware I thought I would post this query here.

I landed upon this solid brass Eiffel Tower in the flea market - as you can see it is heavily tarnished.

The Furniture Thread (Home/Office)-imag2183.jpg

The Furniture Thread (Home/Office)-imag2184.jpg

Forums searches reveal varied methods like rubbing it with ammonia, vinegar, lemon slices, to the bizarre methods like dipping in Coca Cola or using a toothbrush and applying toothpaste.

The applying Brasso part is the last part of this exercise.

If the piece is lacquered then a nail polish remover is advocated as a pre-step to the above.

All this has left me thoroughly confused and hence seeking for advice from the top brass here (pun intended) for reliable advice.

It should be possible to get it back in this form:

The Furniture Thread (Home/Office)-brasseiffeltowere1343711064765.jpeg

The Furniture Thread (Home/Office)-brasseiffeltowersouvenirbasee1343711138832.jpeg

There are two things I am looking for:

1. Professional brass cleaning services in Pune / Mumbai and their costs for one piece

2. If you think this could be DIY (in the spirit of this forum) please advise the correct method to restore this piece to its original glory.

Last edited by ketantendulkar : 2nd September 2013 at 12:06.
Old 30th September 2013, 10:01   #134
BHPian

Wall papers for Home

Hi

I searched the Forum for this topic but could not find one.
Mods, please merge if there is already one. Thanks.

I am looking for information on Wallpapers for Home decoration and specifically DIY as we all are DIY enthusiasts. Here is what I am looking for:
  1. First of all, is it possible to do this as DIY
  2. I see many choices of the papers like Vinyl, PVC, etc., and of course with a very wide price range too, I couldn't make a conclusion on the type of wallpaper.
  3. I read many of the FAQs and each one is different and had few contradicting information also.

if anyone has had first-hand experience in installing these as DIY, please post the experience as well as any other useful information. Thanks.
Old 30th September 2013, 10:32   #135
Senior - BHPian

Re: Wall papers for Home

I dont have the experience of doing this up all by myself. a guy came over to do this work a couple of hours every day for 3 days. but I have done a couple of patch up jobs, where the paper was pulled away.

My 2 paisa worth:
- More convenient to apply and quicker than repainting the entire house. especially if kids/ older people are around.
- Less messy and smelly compared to paint
- better for internal walls, but bad for walls where water seepage is possible

Works well with fevicol. It dries up in a couple of hours after application. Cost ranges from 15 rupees a square foot to a few hundred rupees based on quality, design etc.
My advice is to first understand how long you want this to last. If you have kids likelier to draw on them, would recommend to go in for a less costly one for the time being.

You need to ensure that any creases are smoothed out properly and excess fevicol is removed, maybe by using a plastic ruler (scale). If there are patterns, you would need to match/ coordinate them while applying the next sheet. Usually the gaps in sheets is visible for the cheaper ones. The costlier ones integrate much better.

Any other questions, feel free to PM

Last edited by selfdrive : 30th September 2013 at 10:33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks