Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2011, 15:24   #1
BHPian

Blood required for my Dad in Chennai. Type A+ or A- or AB+ or AB-

Hi fellow BHP-ians.

My dad is undergoing treatment for Bone Cancer, 3rd Stage at Apollo Specialty Hospitals, Teynampet Chennai. He has undergone chemotherapy for 3 months and now the doctors have begun the Bone Marrow Transplant therapy. He needs blood/platelets from any of the following type over the next week - A+ve, A-ve, AB+ve, AB-ve.

If there are any Team-BHP members who would consider donating blood for this cause, please get in touch with me asap at 9840613069/9940123666/044-45145706. If you know anyone in Chennai, who have any of the aforementioned blood types, please pass on this message. We are facing shortage of people who are willing to donate. Contacting a blood bank is not helping as fresh blood samples are needed to harvest the platelets required. Requesting all who can donate to help us out in this case.

Blood will be needed from Monday onward at Apollo Specialty Hospitals, Teynampet, near the Capgemini Office on Cenotaph road. Donors, please call me anytime on the aforementioned numbers. Thank you so much for reading this post of mine.
sourav9385 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2011, 20:25   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Blood required for my Dad in Chennai. Type A+ or A- or AB+ or AB-

Sourav,

Please wish your Dad good health from all of us, I hope he gets well really soon.

Do take a look at this thread; there are a good number of Chennai members who might match the blood group you are looking for.
Old 3rd July 2011, 20:31   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
Hi fellow BHP-ians.

My dad is undergoing treatment for Bone Cancer, 3rd Stage at Apollo Specialty Hospitals, Teynampet Chennai. He has undergone chemotherapy for 3 months and now the doctors have begun the Bone Marrow Transplant therapy. He needs blood/platelets from any of the following type over the next week - A+ve, A-ve, AB+ve, AB-ve.

If there are any Team-BHP members who would consider donating blood for this cause, please get in touch with me asap at 9840613069/9940123666/044-45145706. If you know anyone in Chennai, who have any of the aforementioned blood types, please pass on this message. We are facing shortage of people who are willing to donate. Contacting a blood bank is not helping as fresh blood samples are needed to harvest the platelets required. Requesting all who can donate to help us out in this case.

Blood will be needed from Monday onward at Apollo Specialty Hospitals, Teynampet, near the Capgemini Office on Cenotaph road. Donors, please call me anytime on the aforementioned numbers. Thank you so much for reading this post of mine.
I wish your DAD a fast recovery and good health from the bottom of my heart. Regards.............
Old 3rd July 2011, 22:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

Wish your Dad a speedy Recovery. I bet a lot of chennai Bhpians will come forward for this noble cause.
Old 3rd July 2011, 22:33   #5
BHPian

Just saw this Sourav. We all wish your dad speedy recovery. One of my most resourceful contact is unwell. Will ping you tomorrow. Will do everything I can.
Old 3rd July 2011, 23:59   #6
BHPian

Thank you all for the support. Much appreciated.

If you know anyone who can help out with the blood types A or AB, please let me know anytime on any of the following numbers - 9840613069/9940123666/044-45145706.

The platelets will have to be collected over the next week. And we need at least 7-8 volunteers. Blood banks can't be used as the platelet collection has to be done from a fresh blood sample. So if you happen to know anyone in Chennai with blood type A or AB, please pass on my message to them. Thank you all
Old 4th July 2011, 11:53   #7
Senior - BHPian

Sourav, if you have a Facebook id, please post about your blood/platelets requirement in the following pages/groups:

Red Drops : Donate Blood, Save Life, Donate Blood In Chennai, CHENNAI BLOOD BANK, Donate Blood -Chennai, Blood Donors - Chennai

Wish your father a speedy recovery!

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 4th July 2011, 17:24   #8
BHPian

Back after a long day at the hospital. My good friend, Rahul was the first to donate platelets today. Many many thanks to you brother . You have always been there for me, and now you have helped out my family as well. We shall forever be grateful to you . Many thanks again mate.

Anyways, the platelet collection process involves quite a lot of faff. Firstly, a sample of your blood is collected and analyzed. That process alone takes about 1-2 hours. Once your blood report comes in and everything checks out okay, then the doctor will call you in for the extraction. If you have had your lunch some time before, then you will have to wait again for 45 minutes to 1 hour before the platelets can be extracted. So in total, assuming you come in around 11AM in the morning, it will be atleast 4:00-4:30 PM by the time you will have finished donating the platelets. And this is assuming there are beds available for donation.

So, if anyone from TE is interested in donating platelets, here is my suggestion. Please come in tomorrow anytime between 9AM and 3PM. That's the time frame within which they accept blood samples. You only need to spend 30 minutes at the maximum to give your blood sample. I would not want to keep you all at the hospital for the entire day, and since the report generation is supposed to take about 1-2 hours, please feel free to leave after you have given your blood sample and go about your day. Once your report comes in and everything has checked out okay, I will get back to you. After that, you can come in any day from 9AM to 4:30PM till Saturday to donate your platelets. Platelet donation will take about 1-1.5 hours at the maximum. I will be at the hospital everyday this week from 9AM to 5PM. Please feel free to call be anytime if you need any more clarifications.

Thank you all once again for the amazing level of support. I am eternally grateful to all who are helping us out in this case.
Old 5th July 2011, 19:51   #9
BHPian

Back again after a very successful day at the hospital . Have had 4 donors come in today, of which 2 were from Team-BHP. Many many thanks to our distinguished members ex670c and ImranShahnawaz.

Thank you, both of you. Was feeling really tense today wondering how many people will actually turn up. Thanks to you all, me and my family can go to sleep peacefully tonight. Thanks again. Your support and prompt help is very much appreciated.

@Imran - Sorry I wasn't able to meet you in person today. Got stuck in traffic while on the way. Hope to see you soon someday and make up for it.

So far, there are 6 donors for platelets, and 1 more donor is supposed to come tomorrow. And this has been possible with the assistance of the awesome forum that Team-BHP is. Can't thank you all enough for the awesome level of compassion and support displayed. My mom and sister were so surprised when they came to know about the people who came to donate platelets . My mom actually said - "Aisa bhi hota hai? You have never even met these people and yet they have come to donate platelets because you all are members of a forum? That's fantastic!" . Couldn't be more proud of Team-BHP. Thank you all

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks